Author Topic: President of Estonia blasts Krugman  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
President of Estonia blasts Krugman
« on: June 09, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »
I do heartily enjoy seeing things like this.  http://business.financialpost.com/2012/06/08/paul-krugman-gets-blasted-on-twitter-by-president-of-estonia/

Krugman has the temerity to suggest that Estonia's "incomplete recovery" is hardly an economic triumph, yet I'm sure he parrots the media nonsense about "The Recovery (TM)" of Obamanomics.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: President of Estonia blasts Krugman
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »
It will be more than a little satisfying listening to (or reading) Krugman for the next four years describe how Romney is doing it wrong, how it will never work, etc. while the economy roars back to life.

I have no idea what course Romney will steer the economy by but anything will be better than what we are currently experiencing. That said, I will give credit to Romney for probably being able to do the money thing correctly even if he screws up other issues. He has a track record with the money thing.

Krugman is supposed to be a smart guy in economics but I have yet to see or hear anything that lends any credence to that notion.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »
I do heartily enjoy seeing things like this.  http://business.financialpost.com/2012/06/08/paul-krugman-gets-blasted-on-twitter-by-president-of-estonia/

Krugman has the temerity to suggest that Estonia's "incomplete recovery" is hardly an economic triumph, yet I'm sure he parrots the media nonsense about "The Recovery (TM)" of Obamanomics.

Krugman is the source of that idiocy.  He is revered by the Left for his Nobel Prize in Economics, which I would remind was awarded to our very own Preznident as well~for his skin color.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 10:31:12 PM »
Awarded by those in an echo chamber using group think mentality. The really smelly thing is, they can't peel themselves away from it long enough to realize their collective error. I would recommend public execution for about 75% of these treacherous assholes forcing the remainder in to indefinite hiding. ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »
It will be more than a little satisfying listening to (or reading) Krugman for the next four years describe how Romney is doing it wrong, how it will never work, etc. while the economy roars back to life.

I have no idea what course Romney will steer the economy by but anything will be better than what we are currently experiencing. That said, I will give credit to Romney for probably being able to do the money thing correctly even if he screws up other issues. He has a track record with the money thing.

Krugman is supposed to be a smart guy in economics but I have yet to see or hear anything that lends any credence to that notion.

The award for "smart guy" in economics comes from his fellow Keynesians, all equally ignorant.  We'd be better off listening to what they say and doing exactly the opposite.

F'g "eggsperts".  ::snort::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 07:21:19 AM »
Kruggie is an avowed Neo-Keynesian who would trample his own mother if she got in the way, and they are all running us into the ground...just keep your lists updated, don't leave any off now!
 ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:52:08 AM »
Poor Kruggie gettin' no love lately...and it is well deserved.  His "the solution to the debt issue is more debt" idiocy is reaping just rewards.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/debt-ceilings-fiscal-cliffs-and-krugmans-deficit-debacle

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
I've recently come to this idea that the best word for the Left's entire worldview is "feudal", or "medieval".  Their economic ideas are neo-feudal, in the way they want to have the economy anchored in the State (king) and certain credentialed, initiated cronies (vassals).  One of the major ingredients in the end of medieval feudalism was the rise of the mercantile class of free commoners and yeomen.  I think a lot of the sneering contempt for "flyover country" is rooted in that same mentality, an almost astonished bewilderment that we are not their bonded serfs. Virtually all of the Left's economic efforts are in some ways an attempt to revive a feudal arrangement.

To use another medieval analogy, the "solution to the debt is more debt" idiocy is not unlike the medieval concept of bloodletting. "We drained a pint of blood and he got worse; clearly we need to drain two more!"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
Interesting analogy.  Of course it would have to be a evil fuedal empire, there are no benevolent and wise kings in Leftardland...let alone the existence of chivalry...but yeah, I can latch onto that description of them.