Author Topic: moochelle's food fiasco  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
moochelle's food fiasco
« on: August 16, 2014, 03:14:36 PM »
Few of the local high school teachers are working out today, complaining about moochelle's new food menu, which is being served in our ( and I assume most)  high school. Gone are any snack, drink machines.....all drinks must be under 10 calories to be sold or served. All snacks must come from an approved list, which appears to be a bunch of berries and fruit bars. Only CLEAR cups can be used ( guess so there is no smuggling) and the lunch menu is about as bland and boring as it can get. They can't even have coffee in the school. As of today, kids can bring their lunch, which from the sound of it, a lot are beginning to do. They did comment how much the kids were griping. I did make a suggestion to the marketing teacher.... devise a plan as a class activity to fill the niche market moochelle has created. Or teach them marketing.

I'm wondering if this is a nation wide campaign, or if our county school board has gone nuts.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: moochelle's food fiasco
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »
They can't even have coffee in the school.

That's grounds for a friggin' strike. I can't live without caffeine.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »
I'm thinking somebody is looking the wrong place for guidance.....

All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:32:28 AM »
Not generally widely reported, but I did see an article somewhere about the pushback kids are doing, Moochelle has fomented a little youthful rebellion, and I think that is A-OK.  Some of what is going on is kids taking selfies of themselves by these "healthy" vending machines they've put in with them scowling and such and then posting them on Facedbook and Twitter and such where they vent on the Meddling Moochelle.

::thumbsup::

FYI - They tried this shyt at my work, too, it failed, they even tried to entice people to use them by giving free tokens to try this shyt...it bombed and all but one of the machines is gone...nobody takes my fricken Cheetoes away!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 02:41:52 PM »
School here also taking a financial hit because no one is buying. I told them there is a black market if someone is willing to step up.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
School here also taking a financial hit because no one is buying. I told them there is a black market if someone is willing to step up.

I smell a capitalistic enterprise.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »
When I was in high school in the late 1980's,  the school got soda and snack machines.   Since it was a small private school,  it was strapped for cash always........   So the profits from the machines were to be for new uniforms for the sports teams (some teams were still using equipment from the late 1960's).    They hoped to replace all the outdated equipment and uniforms and pay for the snack machines within two years with the expected profits.   It took two months.   

I doubt that would have happened with healthy food machines................

So not only are they not selling what the kids want to spend money on,  they are cutting funding for many projects in the schools by removing the profitable machines.   

I wonder if the Obama regime has managed to force private schools to remove snack machines with PC food.  Probably........

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
Schools were FORCED to take out the soda and snack machines. Forced. We all know in a competitive environment, the healthier foods would lose. I would like to see kids eat healthier, but by choice. Nothing the Obama administration does can be market driven, because they know everything they do is a loser.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 06:49:53 AM »
Gonna create a black market in schools and lead to food hoarding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7B00dCAal4

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 08:09:29 AM »
Since I seem to be an old fart, when did they put vending machines in schools? How did they survive without them?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »
Mine (albeit a long time ago) had a in-school snack bar run by a student group, Vista or something like that as I recall...part of the proceeds funding their activities...I dunno, I partied a lot back then, all I know for sure is they had snacks!
 ;D

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »
Since I seem to be an old fart, when did they put vending machines in schools? How did they survive without them?

Must have been the 1980's if my high school is any indication.  They were installed to raise money,  and at the time, did very well.

I am guessing the age of vending machines is now largely over as there won't be any worthwhile money  coming out of them anymore.    Maybe the government will waste more of our money subsidizing them.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »

Must have been the 1980's if my high school is any indication.  They were installed to raise money,  and at the time, did very well.

I am guessing the age of vending machines is now largely over as there won't be any worthwhile money  coming out of them anymore.    Maybe the government will waste more of our money subsidizing them.

He..hehe......Wouldn't that be both sad and funny. moochelles new high school cafeteria food....subsidized for your eating pleasure.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »

He..hehe......Wouldn't that be both sad and funny. moochelles new high school cafeteria food....subsidized for your eating pleasure.

I thought it already was since there's so many getting free meals at school. Some even get a free breakfast.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 08:09:37 PM »

I thought it already was since there's so many getting free meals at school. Some even get a free breakfast.

Damn.