Author Topic: And The Bad Part Is I Really Liked Arby's...  (Read 3325 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
And The Bad Part Is I Really Liked Arby's...
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:29:37 AM »
...at least as far as fast food joints go because, hey, it's not burgers, chicken or pizza.

But now, I can't go there anymore. Or to be more precise, I won't go there anymore.

Here's why.

Way...

To...

Go...

You...

Total...

Idiots.

(plus liberal hatemongers suck, too)
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: And The Bad Part Is I Really Liked Arby's...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 04:49:51 AM »
It's Arby's funeral, I figure.  Doing without Arby's is the price you'll pay for your principles, trap, just as many of us decided to forgo the Girl Scout's Thin Mints.

I know it's the same-old same-old in terms of chicken, but as least Chik-Fil-A holds with your values.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 06:25:18 AM »
Yeah, another outfit decides a drop in sales is a sound business plan...I guess if they want to have nothing but a few smelly leftists stinking up their joints that's their tough crap, more reasons to avoid the place like the plague as far as I am concerned...

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:29:23 AM »
Just caught this item -

This is Arby's President, who donated to Obama, Clinton and Edwards.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:30:20 AM »
Archaeologists 2,000 years from now will have no problem learning why 21st century American's died out...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:10:38 AM »
They could have been quiet about their decision to no longer advertise with Limbaugh. I would never have known...must be a regional ad buy.

But, no...

They had to BRAG about leaving Rush on Twitter.

Then they decided to block any comments on their Twitter account that criticized them for their anti-free speech position. They doubled down on their idiocy. They just had to bring the whole thing to my attention.

What am I supposed to do? Take it? No...I don't think so. They may as well have announced that they were going to start spitting in the sandwiches before wrapping them up and putting them in the bag.

They don't have to like conservatives and I don't have to eat at their business.

And yeah, Chik-Fil-A is (last I heard) run by conservative Christians (they don't open on Sundays). It's a good product that has been copied (not quite successfully) by McDonalds.

Did I mention that Coke is off my buying list, too? They decided to drop their support for voter ID laws. Knuckled under to pressure from leftists. I was already avoiding them because of the support for global warming/polar bear crap. Again, I don't have to pay them to do stupid stuff and be in my face about it.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
They bragged because they live in an alternate universe in which only what their friends think matters.  Sort of like high school.

I sent a comment via their website about my displeasure at being insulted.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 06:06:35 PM »
I really like the new Arby's commercial...

(in my best singing voice) Arby's its real stupid food.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »
Do ya get the impression that the madness is accelerating? I do.

I get the sense that the left is realizing that their ØbaMessiah is just another plastic jesus come to screw them over and so, in typical lib fashion they're gonna burn the house down rather than surrender it.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

machinegun

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »
It's Arby's funeral, I figure.  Doing without Arby's is the price you'll pay for your principles, trap, just as many of us decided to forgo the Girl Scout's Thin Mints.

Keebler makes a cookie that, in my opinion is exactly the same as a GS Thin Mint. Look for Keebler Grasshoppers in the cookie isle - you can get your Thin Mint fix any time of the year.  ;D
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 06:34:18 PM »

Keebler makes a cookie that, in my opinion is exactly the same as a GS Thin Mint. Look for Keebler Grasshoppers in the cookie isle - you can get your Thin Mint fix any time of the year.  ;D

How about Caramel Delites? Any substitute for them?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
Actually, yes Priest.  ;)

Keebler's Coconut Dreams.  ::thumbsup::

And to top that off - if you don't want to buy them from the grocery store, here's a recipe!

Homemade Samoas Cookies
Makes  50-60 cookies
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 Degrees. Line bake sheet with parchment.

Ingredients:
    1 lb sweetened coconut, toasted
    ½ cup of confectioner sugar
    1 cup butter
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    2 cups of flour
    1 11oz. bag of Kraft Caramels
    Chocolate Pouring Sauce Click here for the recipe and double it.

Instructions:
    Place coconut on bakesheet and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 10-minutes. Make sure to stir the coconut half way through.
    Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour and beat until combined. Place dough in refrigerator and chill for 20 minutes.
    Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out the dough to an 1/8 of an inch in thickness. Using a two inch round cookie cutter stamp out cookies and for the center use the wider end of a piping tip if you don’t have a small enough cookie cutter.  Place stamped out cookies on parchment lined bakesheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
    Place caramel squares in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat to melt. Once the caramel bits are completely melted  reserve ½ a cup of mixture in a shallow bowl; set aside. Add the toasted coconut to the remaining caramel mixture.  Fill a shallow pan with hot water and place saucepan filled with the finished caramel coconut  in it to keep the mixture at spreading consistency. Reheat mixture as needed to maintain spread consistency during assembly.

Assembly:
    Dip tops of cookies into the reserved caramel bowl. This will help the sticky caramel coconut mixture to quickly adhere to the cookie. Place cookie on a flat surface and using an icing spatula or butter knife spread caramel coconut mixture on to the cookie. If necessary, use a spoon to guide the caramel coconut spread off the icing spatula and on to the cookies. Let cookies rest for 30 minutes before dipping the bottoms in chocolate and drizzling the striping on top.

Notes:
The cookie portion of the Samoas is a basic shortbread and very forgiving, so don’t worry-it’s not possible to overwork the dough when you are rolling it out.
    Since the caramel coconut topping is sweet enough on its own, I lessened the sweetness of the short bread cookie portion.
    Keep a watchful eye when toasting the coconut, as it goes from toasting to burnt quickly.
    Keep a warm bowl of water and towel near when you are assembling the cookie.  The caramel coconut topping is sticky and will require you to clean your spatula off after a few cookies.

Here's where I found the recipe:
http://www.bakersroyale.com/cookies/homemade-samoas-cookie-recipe/
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus