Author Topic: New Photos Reveal Stress Of Obama's First Term In Office Has Rapidly Aged Americ  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Surely The Onion, like most elements of pop culture, has a decidedly liberal bias. Nevertheless I've always enjoyed it because they do willingly take potshots at the Left as well.  This one is pretty good:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-photos-reveal-stress-of-obamas-first-term-in-o,27311/

A few highlights....

WASHINGTON—Recent side-by-side photographic comparisons of Americans before and after he assumed the presidency have confirmed the stress of Barack Obama's time in the White House has taken a significant toll on the U.S. populace, dramatically accelerating the nation's signs of aging.
"Imagine waking up every morning knowing that Obama has to make the final call on everything from national security to the economy, and is constantly trying to balance those decisions with what is politically advantageous," Vestum added. "That's a very isolating, powerless feeling that would make any citizen appear more haggard."
"Yes, citizens have developed crow's-feet and bags under their eyes, but in their defense, the Obama White House is a pressure cooker for Americans unlike anything most ordinary people will ever experience," Democratic strategist Mitch Kaplan said. "Think about it: You're a United States citizen who has to live with the decision to elect Barack Obama every single day, a decision that constantly affects the entire planet. You'd only sleep four or five hours a night, too."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Some experts estimate the Obama presi­dency may have shaved five to 10 years off the lifespan of Americans

Ahh! So that is how The One plans to save  Social Security.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:40:32 AM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Medical experts agree the overwhelming stress of a Mitt Romney presidency would kill the entire populace within seconds of his inauguration.

::snerk::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
BO also causes bulimia.

::puke::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
BO also causes Tourette's!

::cussing:: 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.

Oh boy!  Ain't THAT the truth.  Lotsa blue-streaking around here lately.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

Oh boy!  Ain't THAT the truth.  Lotsa blue-streaking around here lately.

Some days I feel like I am back in the Navy!

But all I need to do is add some twitches & gesturing if caught in public reacting to Obamunism!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
There's a guy on the FReepers (John Semmons) who irregularly posts a satire page. His spoofs are so good that it is difficult to tell them from "real" events. It trips folks up all the time.

This onion piece was meant to be satirical but it is too true to be funny, and too untrue as regards GW (in their lame attempt to be "even-handed") to be credible.

...or maybe I just gotta warped sense of humor