Author Topic: 2014 Races...if anybody cares...  (Read 33727 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 2014 Races...if anybody cares...
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss291/libertasinfinitio/LOL/ha-ha.jpg

GOP internal polling...

Yeah, that's never failed before...er...ahh...

Yeah, it's just a message issue is all...

Principles are for pussies!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2014, 12:10:43 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2014, 07:40:28 AM »
If I didn't have my district to live in, I guess being in the same part of Montana as this guy wouldn't be a bad choice...

http://www.ryanzinke.com/ryan/

...need more of this kinda guy around all of us...

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
Yeah, Hollyweird coming out for DemoProgs as usual, jeesh, what a shocker!!!

http://weaselzippers.us/196312-hollywood-libs-pouring-money-into-dem-senate-campaigns-to-stop-gop-takeover/

::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »
Not quite the Victoria Treatment...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/conservative-war-chest-releases-hard-hitting-ad-against-arkansas-liberal-mark-pryor-video/

...too modest an attempt to push back IMO at this late stage of things...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
GOP sets agenda again to commit suicide...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-heated-midterm-contests-gop-candidates-explore-a-move-to-the-middle/2014/09/21/e7f43ce2-4001-11e4-9587-5dafd96295f0_story.html

...I mean this is more than wishful thinking by libiot WaPo jurnotards...Portman is quoted with that compassion and expanding beyond the base bullsh*t...is that right or did the WaPo misquote him?  And Scott is pandering for Hispanics...I've seen neither clown cry foull, so...

But sure, they will have to move beyond their base when Pubbies far and wide have told their former base numerous times over many years and many elections to f**k OFF!!!

Same to you pals, same to you!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2014, 07:31:48 AM »
Ken Cuccinelli, the newly elected president of the Senate Conservatives Fund, says the GOP is blowing “enormous sums” of money to prop up “dead-weight” Republicans who don’t stand for anything.

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=253377

The linked article - http://www.teaparty.org/ken-cuccinelli-gop-wasting-money-dead-weight-republicans-57306/

So, Ken...or should I call you Captain Obvious...what is your point again?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
The NRSC is sending out scare email warning that the projected takeover of the Senate is now "slipping away" and please send us money, blah blah blah.  And I am in zero mood to be lectured about how holding the GOP to a purity test means it will be "our fault" when Dems win.  All the Ds and Rs do is hold each other out as a bogeyman to keep their bases on the plantation.

At this point I don't think there is a political or electoral solution to all that ails this country, because the core problems are more cultural than political. But if there were to be an electoral solution, it's damn sure not going to come in the form of "vote for us because we make a few token overtures to your values, otherwise the much worse Democrats are going to win!"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »
If the eGOP wins the Senate, they'll take it as an endorsement (by Conservatives) of their bullspit.  If they lose, they'll blame the Conservatives.  It's a lose-lose.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
Setting the Bar even lower in Colorado

Truthfully Calling Udall a career politician from a family of career politicians is now a vile below the belt attack that Dems thing requires an apology.
But then I do agree the ad is offensive. Gardner calls Udall a nice guy and the guy as a sociopathic asshole who will shamelessly  lie, cheat and steal to remain in office and should be tried and hung for treason. Udall is NOT a nice guy.

Not that I think Gardner will actually do anything but pretend to be on our side. But seriously the Kabuki theater is plumbing new depths.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2014, 08:34:42 PM »
If the eGOP wins the Senate, they'll take it as an endorsement (by Conservatives) of their bullspit.  If they lose, they'll blame the Conservatives. It's a lose-lose.

But only for the RINO's. Most conservatives have given up hope on fixing the country's ills politically.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2014, 07:33:41 AM »
The only race that matters is survival, and these clowns are among those who won't for very long...

ETA - NRSC email I just received...

After months of predicting GOP victory, the Washington Post's statistical model now shows a 51 percent chance that the Democrats hang on.

Why?

The answer is simple - the Democrats are spending over $40 million more than the Republicans in battleground races. For weeks, our candidates have been holding on, despite a relentless barrage of negative ads - but we need your help now or it's over.

I know that times are tough, that's why we're fighting so hard to bring new leadership that will turn things around. But, if we don't rally together now - as a team - then we will lose as individuals.

Can we count on you?

No, I can't count on you, so why would you want to count on me?  See my previous comment about survival...y'all continually kick me in the nuts and ask me if I would like some more?

I am not a battered spouse, I hit back!

::mooning::
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:51:28 AM by Libertas »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »
That's the exact same email I got from them.  Like an abject fool I once gave them a donation.  It was during the 2010 campaign when we gave them a huge push, and they in turn gave us a huge push right over the edge of the cliff.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
My brother is thoroughly disgusted with me. (what else is new?!)

He's still heavily involved in the local pubbie party. A couple of days ago he invited me to take part in a district event that promised fireworks between a couple of the party heavyweights. Like a fool I said sure and attended. I will say that the roast beef was pretty good. The rest of it stunk.

There were no fireworks. Our illustrious ex-mayor emceed the thing. This is the pubbie who talked conservative and ruled center-left. He brought us MAIG. He introduced us to Agenda-21. He planted traffic-cams all over town. And then when he decided to retire, he endorsed a democrat over a conservative to replace him. My animus toward him is pretty well-known.

So our new mayor, who ran as a *wink-wink* republican (the mayoral race is supposed to be non-partisan) but is in truth a democrat refused to attend (no surprise there - at least to me). The fireworks were supposed to come from two opposing candidates for state legislature - both running as pubbies. The stealth leftist plant was a no-show as well. Yet this POS ex-mayor still lends his seal of approval (because he intensely dislikes the incumbent).

Turns out the event was a fund-raiser. They featured an auction where you could bid too much money on something that you had no interest in (and would likely never use). Almost nothing went for the opening bid. In most cases the items went dirt cheap after much pleading on the part of the auctioneer and emcee.

They raised some money but not very much. They got nothing from me because I refuse to fund the party - I'll only give to individuals.

The following day we recapped the event and both spoke of our disappointments. My brother sees the pointlessness of continuing a losing battle but doggedly refuses to concede. "So what are you gonna do?" he asks.

"I'm going to continue to do what I've been doing, which is giving up and going Galt." "I'm weary of chasing good money after bad, supporting and electing people who in turn abandon me."

"But if you give up they win!" he says with alarm.

"they've already won. Not only am I forced to fight 100% of the left, I find myself fighting 90% of the so-called right."

Every day I discover another betrayal by people who purport themselves to be conservative. The latest is by our county prosecuting attorney who has come out in favor of ban against private sales of guns (sale and transfer would have to be processed through a FFL dealer - for a fee). I'm sick of it and I'm sick of hypocrites.

Offline fporretto

• Newb
  • Long Island's crazy libertarian-conservative
    • Liberty's Torch
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2014, 06:02:14 AM »
Unfortunately, abstaining from the process won't change anything. There's Say's Law to deal with. Also, remember who controls the reportage of the election returns. They can make the final tallies look like any percent of the electorate turned out they think is credible.

There are a few alternatives worth trying:

1) Agitate for a strong version of a "None of the Above is Acceptable" choice on every ballot: One in which if NOTA "wins," the office goes unoccupied and its powers go unexercised until the next general election (probably requires a state constitutional amendment, but that's a lot easier than amending CONUS);

2) Mass takeover of local GOP chapters, that more freedom-minded persons become the candidates available to us to vote for;

3) Absolute refusal to donate to the campaigns of unsatisfactory candidates or to "general" campaign-funding institutions such as "national" Republican Congressional or Senatorial campaign committees.

Down here in NY's 1st Congressional District, we have a choice between a nebbishy Republican and an openly corrupt Democrat. The turnout for that election might not reach 20%...but one or the other of them (probably the Democrat) will occupy the seat anyway. Only taking over the local GOP chapter could have produced a better candidate. The question that would leave us is whether such a candidate can win in NY Metro or its suburbs. But it's a question that deserves to be answered.
This post is programming you in undetectable ways.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2014, 10:35:24 AM »
Nebbish - an excellent term!

I find myself surrounded by nebbish people (Its hard to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys ;')  I want - and do - encourage them but they are so timid and tenuous that it's positively painful.

I long for the strong confident assertive types to run. I know they're out there - they just have no interest in public service.

We actually have one guy that's a good candidate. Too bad he's going to lose. "Gary" is running for office for the first time. He has good motives and a clear conscience and all that. The only problem is he picked the wrong race. Instead of a water district position or city councilman for his first time at bat, he chose to take on the sitting dhimmicrat speaker of the house. Now this guy needs to be taken out in the worst way, but Gary simply lacks the horsepower to git er done. My brother tried to point him in another direction but he was steadfast.

At primary day he came in second (naturally) and actually showed very well. Gary was hugely disappointed and my brother tried to pump him up about finishing so strongly. He actually thought he was going to garner more votes and refused to listen to any of the mechanics (like my brother).

The thing I worry about is that Gary will become so disappointed when he loses that he never runs again.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2014, 11:15:05 AM »
My main problem with the current state of electoral politics is that this "lesser of two evils" racket is like some perverse form of calculus, where the limit of the function is a near indiscernible parity between the two parties, each of them calling themselves the lesser of two evils.

Without a way to punish the GOP for consistently failing to represent us, I don't see what is to be gained by continued participation.  The very reason they fail to represent us is because they have (so far correctly) calculated that we will always hold our noses and vote for them.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »
My main problem with the current state of electoral politics is that this "lesser of two evils" racket is like some perverse form of calculus, where the limit of the function is a near indiscernible parity between the two parties, each of them calling themselves the lesser of two evils.

Without a way to punish the GOP for consistently failing to represent us, I don't see what is to be gained by continued participation.  The very reason they fail to represent us is because they have (so far correctly) calculated that we will always hold our noses and vote for them.

That's it for me, I refuse to stand and take kick after to kick to the groin and pretend to be happy the lesser of two evils triumphed.  Step out of that line!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »
Unfortunately, abstaining from the process won't change anything.

Abstaining  will change how much aggravation I feel while having ZERO effect on the final outcome.
It will also ensure that the GOP gets less money to work with and that Demcrats stay in charge so they collapse it faster.
At this point giving them MORE time is a bad idea.
Let it Burn

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2014, 07:34:16 AM »