Author Topic: Deranged Feminist Goes On Epic Rant About...Thomas The Tank Engine? Yep.  (Read 1470 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
From the article:

Thomas and those friends are trains that toil away endlessly on the Isle of Sodor – which seems to be forever caught in British colonial times – and, on its surface, the show seems to impart good moral lessons about hard work and friendship. But if you look through the steam rising up from the coal-powered train stacks, you realize that the pretty puffs of smoke are concealing some pretty twisted, anachronistic messages.

For one, these trains perform tasks dictated by their imperious, little white boss, Sir Topham Hatt (also known as The Fat Controller), whose attire of a top hat, tuxedo and big round belly is just a little too obvious. Basically, he's the Monopoly dictator of their funky little island. Hatt orders the trains to do everything from hauling freight to carrying passengers to running whatever random errand he wants done, whenever he wants it done – regardless of their pre-existing schedules.

She is clearly nuts.

Most of the comments are hilarious.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Basically, he's the Monopoly dictator of their funky little island. Hatt orders the trains to do everything from hauling freight to carrying passengers to running whatever random errand he wants done, whenever he wants it done – regardless of their pre-existing schedules.

Says the wench  who almost certainly votes to put government guns into other people's faces because she has a right to health care, abortion, welfare, and any other commodity that tickles her fancy.

Well guess what? It's not OK. You think a little boy watching Thomas is going to file away the lesson that pink is OK for boys? No, what kids remember is that James was laughed at, cruelly, over and over again, because he looked different and was clad in a "girly" pink color.

Says the wench Only this wench  who wants to ostracize others  because because they are fat and wear top hats (Its a bossy  Businessman - kill the heretic!)  or put smoke into the atmosphere.
And that is exactly what will happen if a boy wears pink in real life   - just as a girl will be ostracized for not following the fashion trend of the day. Because that is what children ( and adults pretending to be children -i.e. leftists)  do.

Welcome to planet earth. Reality cares nothing for your feelings or what you think <should> happen.

Seriously name your boy "Tracy" and send him to school in a pink dress - see how that goes. Because Everyone should follow the cultural norms SHE thinks are important like hating businessmen , and disobey the ones she thinks are not (like the taboo against boys wears dresses? Gee I wonder where the taboo originates...)

i like this comment

FreedomFromHope RidleyWalker
22 July 2014 12:52pm

Recommend
Come now, she might be onto something. After all, Thomas the Tank Engine is the first work of fiction in any civilization to use the white/black dichotomy to highlight good and evil.

or this one

bigredeye
22 July 2014 12:42pm

Recommend
It's a wind-up? If not, then perhaps the show could introduce a shrewish female engine who takes herself much too seriously, that the author of this piece may approve of?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:00:48 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Here we go -

Peter Johnsonkins

22 July 2014 3:05pm

Recommend

"Tracy Van Slyke is a fellow at the The Opportunity Agenda, where she researches and writes about the intersection of social justice"

So if Tracy can't find things to complain about, she's out of a job.

The article makes a lot more sense when you consider it in that context.

Yeah, The Guardian likes ilk like this...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Reminds me of another recent thread on the subject of "first world problems".  Yeah, modern Western society is so intrinsically sexist, racist, and unjust, that this is what keeps Tracy Van Slyke awake at night.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Reminds me of another recent thread on the subject of "first world problems".  Yeah, modern Western society is so intrinsically sexist, racist, and unjust, that this is what keeps Tracy Van Slyke awake at night.

You must have picked that thought up as it escaped from my head before I had a chance to post it.  Yeah, Partzheimer's happens.

I'd give her two days tops in any non-Western country before she's fleeing for home or dead.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  These people need their meds on a more  regular basis. In other words: THE BITCH IS NUTS"!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Yeah, WTF is she doing here then?  Oh, being a pain in all our asses!  Yeah, FemiNazi/Prog trash excels at that!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  These people need their meds on a more  regular basis. In other words: THE BITCH IS NUTS"!!

No ovaries for her!!! 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

Yeah, WTF is she doing here then?  Oh, being a pain in all our asses!  Yeah, FemiNazi/Prog trash excels at that!

This is why the soon-to-commence extracurricular activities are going to be necessary. There is far too much detachment from reality. In the absence of genuine suffering and want for bare necessities, loons like this task their fevered imaginations with inventing one crisis after another. It would be one thing if these were simply their own private little Don Quixote battles, but they're not. All their imagined crises naturally require solutions involving the use of the State as a hired stick-up man for the purpose of relieving other citizens of their property, earnings, and liberties.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

This is why the soon-to-commence extracurricular activities are going to be necessary. There is far too much detachment from reality. In the absence of genuine suffering and want for bare necessities, loons like this task their fevered imaginations with inventing one crisis after another. It would be one thing if these were simply their own private little Don Quixote battles, but they're not. All their imagined crises naturally require solutions involving the use of the State as a hired stick-up man for the purpose of relieving other citizens of their property, earnings, and liberties.

Yup.

It'll hurt too, they will lie, beg, cry...   ::smallestviolin::

Offline whimsicalmamapig

I think the problem is that we do not have enough to do. Evolution gave us a very quick and able brain in order to survive a very hostile environment. we needed to watch for predators, find food, shelter, clothing, make weapons etc. It kept us busy and kept our brains agile.

Now we have a class of humans who do little physical work and need to do much less with their brains to survive.

Remember, Idleness is the devil's playground.

I suggest the next order of business in my perfect world would be to drop the likes of this useless waste of chemicals into deepest africa or the denali wilderness.

That should give her something to keep her occupied while not causing the rest of us a pain in the rear. It will be a true test of her mental faculties, just how smart is she really?

who in their right mind would pay her to write anything? and I am sure she went home that night quite satisfied with herself, but what nitwit enjoys paying her to do this?
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I think the problem is that we do not have enough to do. Evolution gave us a very quick and able brain in order to survive a very hostile environment. we needed to watch for predators, find food, shelter, clothing, make weapons etc. It kept us busy and kept our brains agile.

Now we have a class of humans who do little physical work and need to do much less with their brains to survive.

Remember, Idleness is the devil's playground.

I suggest the next order of business in my perfect world would be to drop the likes of this useless waste of chemicals into deepest africa or the denali wilderness.

That should give her something to keep her occupied while not causing the rest of us a pain in the rear. It will be a true test of her mental faculties, just how smart is she really?

Nailed it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
George Carlin advocated a system of what he called passive eugenics.  Remove all the excessive safety equipment out there, and let nature thin the herd.

- Yours Truly

Offline whimsicalmamapig

The biggest safety programs we have are welfare, medicaid and foodstamps. Eliminate them and see how the herd will separate into those who can and those who leave this earthly coil.

worst mistake we ever made was falling victim to that claptrap. It bred the spine right out of us.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The biggest safety programs we have are welfare, medicaid and foodstamps. Eliminate them and see how the herd will separate into those who can and those who leave this earthly coil.

worst mistake we ever made was falling victim to that claptrap. It bred the spine right out of us.

I consider it a major part of the secularization of society. That which used to be the domain of the church (i.e. caring for the hungry, sick, and others under misfortune) was transferred to the state. Upon transferring to the state it was something abstracted onto Washington and state capitals, became grossly inefficient in actually improving the lot of people, and most crucially it denied the "donors" their sense of voluntary charity and the "recipients" the sense of responsibility. Matters were made worse by religious groups actively encouraging the state to step in, even telling their congregants that rendering unto Caesar and tithing were now essentially the same thing.

Charity should be voluntary (and btw conservatives are statistically far more charitable with their own money than are liberals) and administered through local aid groups. This results in more of each dollar reaching the intended purpose, and it also preserves a type of local knowledge as to who is genuinely needy vs. who is just a lazy grifter.

But just like our tax code, it's not really about what it's about. Like the tax code, the whole apparatus of welfare spending is more about social engineering, about arranging society in a manner more compliant with the desires of the Left's faculty lounge pontificators. How else can you explain the fact that we've spent trillions of dollars since LBJ but the ProblemTM never goes away? A recent study showed that you could literally just give every welfare recipient $40,000 per year and it would cost less than what we're spending in the aggregate.

Nothing is ever what it seems with the Left. It can't be, because it would then be repellent to people.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Like the tax code, the whole apparatus of welfare spending is more about social engineering, about arranging society in a manner more compliant with the desires of the Left's faculty lounge pontificators.

It rather rapidly morphed into a jobs program.  There are whole programs and budgets dedicated to employing people in the "helping professions".

After the BOOM, these people are going to actually have to make themselves useful.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I suspect a great many of them will be making themselves useful for the first time ever by pushing up daisies.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Oblivions, the other manure.

::thumbsup::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Oblivions, the other manure.

::thumbsup::

I would add Decepticons to the list.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson