Author Topic: "It's Trump. Get Over It."  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"It's Trump. Get Over It."
« on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:53 AM »
This article at American Thinker does a quite good job of explaining what propelled Trump.  It doesn't gloss over the very valid concerns raised about how genuine (or not) Trump is, or how sincere (or not) his ideological positions are.  What it does is explain how and why Trump tapped into something that the rest of the GOP field either could not or would not.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/05/its_trump_get_over_it.html

Excerpt:

Donald Trump uses a surprisingly small vocabulary, something that I am certain annoys many pundits. He repeats himself, driving home his points with repetition. And for a public that adores reality television, at which Trump has proven himself a master, it works.

Trump is very explicit that he is assembling a new coalition for the Republican Party, one that has a distinctly populist character. He is appealing to those who feel locked out of the opportunity for advancement that has been the foundation of the American Dream. That includes many traditional Democrats. His appeal to union members and working class people is very clear from a cursory look at the huge crowds that have attended his rallies.

Trump’s bluntness and disregard for political correctness have the potential to break the stranglehold the Democrats have had on the black vote. The deep truth of the uncontrolled immigration that has added millions of unskilled workers to the labor force is that it has kept down wages for those with few skills, a condition which sadly includes a disproportionate share of blacks, who are the biggest victims of educational rot. Trump has the ability to point this out in ways accessible to the audience that needs to hear it.

The above describes what is a genuine parallel with Reagan.  Both demonstrated an ability to communicate their message directly to the voter.  in Trump's case, he has been criticized as being a pandering populist for it.  I suppose Reagan was criticized for that too.  It can't be overemphasized how important it is to knock the MSM out of their role as information filter.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: "It's Trump. Get Over It."
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 12:07:59 PM »
Not my choice but, as your title reads: I've gotten over it. There's zero I can do to change it and, when i go to the polling place, I will pull the lever for Trump as opposed to Hillary or whomever the Democrat option is. I'll continue to engage in the ground game of culture change because that's what I do; changing hearts & minds via better information.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 01:07:53 PM »
Not my choice but, as your title reads: I've gotten over it. There's zero I can do to change it and, when i go to the polling place, I will pull the lever for Trump as opposed to Hillary or whomever the Democrat option is. I'll continue to engage in the ground game of culture change because that's what I do; changing hearts & minds via better information.

There is no way to change the culture using the ballot box.  The ground game was lost. Its over.  Only reality will win the culture war, and that means we all must suffer.  Trump will NOT be fighting the culture war. His promises to do so are just to get elected. He will then go back to the fancy parties with the Clintons and start enjoying is new Govt Crony powered Utility belt. If we are lucky he will use his fiddling reality TV skills to entertain  us as Rome burns.

I am not a Never Trump guy, but I won't vote for him because I am unwilling to contribute even that amount of legitimacy to the system.  Let the next President  be elected with 5% voter turnout and then call it a mandate.  At this point, what difference does it make?

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »

There is no way to change the culture using the ballot box.  The ground game was lost. Its over.  Only reality will win the culture war, and that means we all must suffer.  Trump will NOT be fighting the culture war. His promises to do so are just to get elected. He will then go back to the fancy parties with the Clintons and start enjoying is new Govt Crony powered Utility belt. If we are lucky he will use his fiddling reality TV skills to entertain  us as Rome burns.

I am not a Never Trump guy, but I won't vote for him because I am unwilling to contribute even that amount of legitimacy to the system.  Let the next President  be elected with 5% voter turnout and then call it a mandate.  At this point, what difference does it make?

I get all that. My ground game betters my personal life, contacts & influence; from leadership/change management contracts with churches, to networking with Christian culture via conference calls with pastors form America to Africa, to mentoring up & coming leaders on college campuses - all within a business model that turns profit & build leaders. It's certainly better than watching "Game of Thrones" or the next Zombie fest series, IMO. The endgame of my culture spills into eternity...with decent benefits while still here on earth. So, to each his own. Read, listen associate.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »
I get all that. My ground game betters my personal life, contacts & influence; from leadership/change management contracts with churches, to networking with Christian culture via conference calls with pastors form America to Africa, to mentoring up & coming leaders on college campuses - all within a business model that turns profit & build leaders. It's certainly better than watching "Game of Thrones" or the next Zombie fest series, IMO. The endgame of my culture spills into eternity...with decent benefits while still here on earth. So, to each his own. Read, listen associate.

Yeah,  sounds like pissing into the headwinds of change to me, but then most of my efforts to build the farm are the same. Just wish I had access to that same religious resource everyone else seems to have. 

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 02:11:24 PM »
Actually....I think you both are correct. I admire Pablo's work because it's an avenue he has developed which makes him a better person. Whether there is an impossible headwind is of no real consequence.

I understand Weisshaupt's point because I don't think the culture will be changed at the ballet box and after witnessing Cruz literally compromise himself for the sake of election, a guy who is supposed to be the conservative...where does it leave us? So yes, I believe we will all suffer because it will eventually crash down.

Where I take some solice is it will be people like Pablo and Weisshaupt who will help put it back together.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:11:34 PM »
What Don said!  ::thumbsup::

Play with kabuki if you want to play, we all understand the futility of trusting to other lesser beings our fate, we'll sort the BS out when The Reckoning commences, and for now do what you need to in order to prepare you and yours and enjoy whatever entertainment and avocation you favor!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 08:32:08 PM »
  I'll vote for him only because he's more of a choice than McCain was and lord know I voted for him,I hated it but I did it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 08:43:35 PM »
Yes, "I've done dumber things than this!" does make a fitting bumpersticker for these times.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 07:01:01 AM »
For those not getting over it...there is...Gary Johnson!

http://iotwreport.com/nevertrump-redstaters-considering-backing-gary-johnson-for-president/

Yes, that liberal standardbearer of the Code Pink strain of Libertarian.

BFH kills me, at the end of that piece he quips - "He’s my guy!  Wait, no. He’d be perfect for Hillary’s veep."

::hysterical::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 08:02:15 AM »
El Rushbo weighs in - "My Gut: Trump Beats Hillary in Landslide"

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/05/04/my_gut_trump_beats_hillary_in_landslide

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 10:56:43 AM »

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/05/04/my_gut_trump_beats_hillary_in_landslide

I would not be surprised. I believe there are millions of so called democrats who are fed up with their party but still believe the republicans are evil ( and they would be right). Along bounces Trump. He understands the political game thru his business ventures. He understands where the grease needs to go to get his projects completed in NYC. He said that very thing in the first debate but many people did not understand the inference. Lots of dems have lost their jobs to illegals. Lots of dem neighborhoods have been taken over by undesirables. Lots of dems die in Chicago, NYC, LA...all those gun free zones. And now we have transgenders, queerdos, all types of deivient behavior...all backed by dems. I don't know...But I think a bunch of dems may be somewhat upset.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 11:27:47 AM »

I would not be surprised. I believe there are millions of so called democrats who are fed up with their party but still believe the republicans are evil ( and they would be right). Along bounces Trump. He understands the political game thru his business ventures. He understands where the grease needs to go to get his projects completed in NYC. He said that very thing in the first debate but many people did not understand the inference. Lots of dems have lost their jobs to illegals. Lots of dem neighborhoods have been taken over by undesirables. Lots of dems die in Chicago, NYC, LA...all those gun free zones. And now we have transgenders, queerdos, all types of deivient behavior...all backed by dems. I don't know...But I think a bunch of dems may be somewhat upset.

There's a segment of the Democrats' historical constituency that is ripe for the taking, if the GOP could get its head even partially extricated from its nether regions.  These people have been referred to variously as the old "Reagan Democrats" or more recently the "blue collar white voters" that the Democrats have made little secret about wanting to be rid of.  The NY Slimes has had a couple of op-eds about it, even.

I think Trump has a much better shot at pulling in some of those people than any of the other GOP candidates would have.  if the Democrats are supposed to be the party of the Working Man, then just what have they done for him?  They've been onboard with all the same free trade agreements as the Republicans, they've allowed the tree hugger wing of their party to dictate policies that hurt people who work in coal mines, steel mills, and other heavy industry.  What do they offer to this constituency as a consolation prize?  EBT cards and SNAP benefits?  Hell, why not just give them some scrip they can spend down at the Company Store?

I'm in favor of reducing trade barriers if it's equitable.  There's nothing equitable about the massive trade inbalances we have.  Nothing equitable when foreign manufacturers are given free access to our huge market, but in turn our manufacturers continue to face protectionism in those foreign markets.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly