Author Topic: Remington Pulling Out...Consolidating in Huntsville, Alabama!!!  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Earlier today we announced the consolidation of multiple company plants into our Huntsville, Alabama facility. This was a strategic business decision to concentrate our resources into fewer locations and improve manufacturing efficiency and quality. We are working hard to retain as many from the affected facilities as possible.”

The companies being relocated and their current locations are:
Advanced Armament Corp, Lawrenceville, Georgia; Montana Rifleman, Kalispell, Montana; TAPCO, Kennesaw, Georgia; LAR Manufacturing, West Jordan, Utah; Para-Ordnance, Pineville, North Carolina; and DPMS, St. Cloud, Minnesota. Additionally, the Bushmaster production and Remington 1911 production lines will also be relocating from Ilion, New York.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/05/news-flash-remington-closes-operations-in-new-york-relocates-to-alabama/

Big News!

Just makes sense though, get ouot of troubled areas, consolidate in one you think gives you more leverage financially and politically, tie the community into your success...

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Remington Pulling Out...Consolidating in Huntsville, Alabama!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:58:55 PM »
Good!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »
My old home town. Good for them and good for Remington!

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 01:15:08 AM »
Wow,  that happened faster then I thought it would.  Though if I had a business in NYS I would be looking for the exit as well. 

I have to stifle a snort whenever I see those ads for "business" for New York state.  Where do they get that 2nd in investment malarkey from?

Ok,  I found it.   The "Private Equity Growth Capital Council".    So only private equity investors.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/05/study_ranks_new_york_second_fo.html

So they are second (behind Texas,  go figure).   The amount invested by these investors in 2011:  $18.6 million.   Yes,  $18.6 million............ You can't even build ONE Walmart for that.  Granted there have been bigger investments in other years,  but totally lame......

I am guessing in total investment,  it probably near the bottom,  if it wasn't for NYC,  it would be even worse, but it can't be good for a large state like NYS.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »
Does not surprise me that businesses are moving south - lower taxes in the southern "right to work" states [little to none-unions], mostly conservative, and warmer weather.  And another turn toward the positive - 'they are not heading to China'.  Damn - is this another same sign - the  pendulum starting to turn - we can only hope.......
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 10:51:39 AM »
That plant in NY is enormous. It really is quite a black eye for them.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 10:56:49 AM »
That plant in NY is enormous. It really is quite a black eye for them.
More like a mark of merit for a group dedicated to destruction of their own.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 08:41:11 PM »
They'll blame the NRA, bitter clingers, Rush, Corporatism and capitalism....the usual suspects...everyone but the truly responsible - themselves!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
Get a load of the whine fest out of Remington's union employees:

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2014/09/15/sour-grapes-at-remington/

“You’re looking at three generations of people who have the experience, who’ve gone into that factory and have learned from Day One and have advanced through the machinery changes,” Rusty said.

“(Remington Arms is) going to find a big difference in employees when they go to Alabama,” Barbara added.

A big difference, right?  Mmmm, that's some Grade A yankee smug right there.  That's alright, the business friendly South will be glad to add Remington to the likes of Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen, Kia, and all the others, 'cause you know what?  Remington will find a big difference in employees when they move to Alabama, and it's the same difference that lured all the aforementioned to the South.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 09:23:16 PM »
Yep, I think that's what they're counting on  :D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 06:54:57 AM »
Hey Unionista's?  I'd say "Don't let the door hit y'all in the ass on the way out" but frankly I don't care if it does!   ::mooning::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 12:55:05 PM »
LOL...... Whiny liberals. I'd say they are right, though, but not how they think it will turn. Product will become better.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
LOL...... Whiny liberals. I'd say they are right, though, but not how they think it will turn. Product will become better.

And less time to build.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »
Got to love those labor union lies.   In my experience non-union labor gets you better quality.   Remington will be going,  why didn't we do this ten years ago already? 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »
Got to love those labor union lies.   In my experience non-union labor gets you better quality.   Remington will be going,  why didn't we do this ten years ago already?
Absolutely! When an employer knows he has to stand on his own merits instead of a union doming to his rescue after a major f**k up, you can bet he'll use better judgement than any unionista. The non-union employee will work harder for his increases in compensation showing his employer he's worth it instead of some labor union that looks out for themselves.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 12:03:13 PM »
Those tax-free investment zones in NY are only located around college campuses. Seems like the "thinkers" in my state feel that only the areas around our liberal universities are capable of producing anything worthwhile.. Everytime I see one of those adds on tv it makes me so ashamed to be resident. Upstate NY is much more conservative (exept for those loons in Buffalo and Rochester) but small business in NY is failing what with all the taxes and regulations.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
Remington CEO confirms that New York "SAFE Act" was major factor in their decision to move to Alabama:

http://yellowhammernews.com/business-2/remington-ceo-new-yorks-anti-gun-policies-drove-us-alabama/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
Remington CEO confirms that New York "SAFE Act" was major factor in their decision to move to Alabama:

http://yellowhammernews.com/business-2/remington-ceo-new-yorks-anti-gun-policies-drove-us-alabama/

Libs will deny it with their last breath.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 04:51:23 PM »
Fvck em, NY can rot.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
   I hope governor Cuomo calls it a win for him by forcing weapons makes to take thos stinking high paying jobs and stuff them up their as....s.  That should finish that bunch.

Just like Obungler he's helping build the Republican party in N.Y.  Not to mention Shrillery has to deal with it too.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie