Author Topic: Sharyl Attkisson and CBS throw in the towel  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Sharyl Attkisson and CBS throw in the towel
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:54:23 AM »
Attkisson, who has been with CBS News for two decades, had grown frustrated with what she saw as the network’s liberal bias, an outsize influence by the network’s corporate partners and a lack of dedication to investigative reporting, several sources said. She increasingly felt that her work was no longer supported and that it was a struggle to get her reporting on air.

At the same time, Attkisson’s reporting on the Obama administration, which some staffers characterized as agenda-driven, had led network executives to doubt the impartiality of her reporting. She is currently at work on a book — tentatively titled “Stonewalled: One Reporter’s Fight for Truth in Obama’s Washington” — that addresses the challenges of reporting critically on the administration.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/03/sharyl-attkisson-to-leave-cbs-news-184836.html

CBS newsroom is now 100% occupied by Obama crockstuffers!  Can you imagine Bill Bradley giving Woodward and Bernstein the boot because they were too hard on Nixon?  Yeah, what a bunch of gutless sellouts.  Yesterdays "question all authority" counter-culture assclowns are now todays "those who question OUR authority will be crushed" tyrants.

All Prog's go to Hell, and the sooner the better.

I hope her book names names and pulls no punches, I hope it shoots to #1.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Sharyl Attkisson and CBS throw in the towel
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:19:23 AM »
Attkisson’s reporting on the Obama administration, which some staffers characterized as agenda-driven,

She's a meanie!!

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »

Attkisson’s reporting on the Obama administration, which some staffers characterized as agenda-driven,

O rly?  And theirs isn't?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
Enough irony to make you   ::puke::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 01:23:52 AM »

O rly?  And theirs isn't?

Exactly.  The irony is simply beyond description.  Yet another example that the Left is utterly immune to cognitive dissonance.  And you just know they still believe their own propaganda about how they Speak Truth to PowerTM, Question AuthorityTM, and all that other leftover 1960s horsesh*t that they abandoned the very second they became "The Man".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 06:43:47 AM »
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »
Sorry, everyone, but I don't recall ever seeing her or hearing about her.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 11:08:54 AM »
While some championed her relentless dedication to investigations — ranging from defective Firestone tires to the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal — others saw evidence of a political agenda, particularly against President Barack Obama. (The bulk of Attkisson’s work since 2009 has focused on the failures or perceived failures of the Obama administration, including its failed green-energy investments and the attack in Benghazi, though she has reported on several Republican failures as well.)

We've got three - now four -- threads with her in them regarding her reporting.  If you want some background, plug her name into the white search-box on the upper right corner.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 07:16:19 AM »
Give her some credit, she isn't going away and she is trying to call attention to a cabal people are too willing to ignore...

"There is unprecedented, I believe, influence on the media, not just the news, but the images you see everywhere, by well-orchestrated and financed campaigns of special interests, political interests and corporations."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/04/10/attkisson_unprecedented_influence_on_the_media_by_special_interests_political_interests__corporations.html

Democrat-Media Complex and the crony-capitalists that help fuel the system, that's who they are!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 07:44:02 AM »
It is "man-bites-dog" but it doesn't make the truth less than the truth...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/04/exposed-far-left-soros-funded-media-matters-helped-produce-cbs-news-reports/

Shocking, I know!  Libiots conspiring together to manufacture the news!

/

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »
Here's an interview with Reason TV.  Very interesting.

Former CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson: Emails Reveal White House Hid Truths About Benghazi Attack

And I'm sort of thinking she's a bit of a MILF....   ::pimp::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »
Not sure about the latter, may need more investigation on that.  ;D

But she has been very consistent in her criticism of newsies covering this regime, and she deserves credit for keeping that torch lit.

::thumbsup::