Author Topic: Cutting the Cord  (Read 801 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Cutting the Cord
« on: April 23, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
A topic for all things Netflix and Amazon and whatever else fancies those of us who have told Cable to go

::eagle::

themselves.

For a long time Amazon Prime was like Netflix, only less (and with 2 day shipping).  Then one fateful day Netflix dropped Farscape before I was done with it.  Amazon carried it.  I've been an Amazon subscriber ever since.  Amazon also has 24, after Netflix dropped that show.  How aggressive is Amazon becoming in taking on Netflix?

Amazon snares classic shows in deal with HBO

That one is a biggie, and imho, is making Amazon a must have.  I'll probably finish the Sopranos, now.  ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Cutting the Cord
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:15:15 AM »
Not a cure-all though, right?  I mean are the morons running these other outfits any less leftist dweebs than cable clowns?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »
Probably not.  But I'm thinking more along the lines of being able to purchase just you watch, and not having to pay for $100 worth of crap, to find $20 worth of watching.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:46:57 AM »
Agreed.  And by doing so you at least put less in the pockets of morons, I see that benefit.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 02:33:51 PM »
The thing that pisses me off about Amazon is they require you to keep a credit card on file. I have a prepaid Visa ($25) on there just so I can download free books occasionally.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »
Why not just get an Amazon Visa card for such?  That's what I did.  I keep it in my desk and only use it for internet purchases...and 3% off all Amazon purchases.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »
Why not just get an Amazon Visa card for such?  That's what I did.  I keep it in my desk and only use it for internet purchases...and 3% off all Amazon purchases.

Paranoid, I guess. I like it when I make a purchase and then they purge my cc info. At least I hope they do.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 07:29:45 AM »
That's precisely why I like the Amazon card.  Low credit limit ($3,000 but they're now bugging me to raise it, I won't)  makes it perfect to be that one card, for riskier (you'd think but today retail is looking risky, also) transactions of the internet.

That way all online is on one card, so easier to track.