Author Topic: That sucks.  (Read 1244 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
That sucks.
« on: March 06, 2014, 06:11:12 AM »
I downloaded a free book yesterday from Amazon. "Detailed Instructions For The Gunsmith At Home" sounds like something that would come in handy ITSHTF. I was going to paste a link to it, but found it's $4.99 this morning. ::bashing::

http://www.amazon.com/Detailed-Instructions-For-Gunsmith-Home-ebook/dp/B00IRIX1TO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394107250&sr=8-1&keywords=Detailed+Instructions+For+The+Gunsmith+At+Home

Oh, well. No good deed....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: That sucks.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:54:17 AM »
$5 not so bad.

Let us know how it is.   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:10:52 AM »
I'll get it on my Kindle tonight and let ya know in the next few days.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
I'd like to learn more about that myself. I had a trigger spring break on my Bersa once.  After looking in the frame, I quickly decided to let a gunsmith fix it.

Speaking of useful gunsmith skills for SHTF, this is something else that recommends the Glock pistol. It's an entirely modular design. As long as you keep some spare parts, you can replace anything on the gun yourself with a single punch tool, and most of the spare parts are interchangeable across models. I have a spare everything for a Glock pistol in my bag of tricks.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
I'd like to learn more about that myself. I had a trigger spring break on my Bersa once.  After looking in the frame, I quickly decided to let a gunsmith fix it.

Speaking of useful gunsmith skills for SHTF, this is something else that recommends the Glock pistol. It's an entirely modular design. As long as you keep some spare parts, you can replace anything on the gun yourself with a single punch tool, and most of the spare parts are interchangeable across models. I have a spare everything for a Glock pistol in my bag of tricks.

Another reason why the Glock 30S is moving up my wish list, I don't have a 9mm or a 10mm or a .40...it would be nice to get something in those flavors but I don't want to add another caliber to my ammo needs beyond what I already have, and since I see little difference between what I already have in .380 (some with longer than pocket barrels) and pocket-barrel 9mm's for example and have no desire for a fuller size S/A in new calibers when I have the G21...why not get another reliable Glock that shares much of the same parts as my G21 and runs the same ammo?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.