Author Topic: Protecting your Church & Ministry  (Read 1607 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Protecting your Church & Ministry
« on: July 02, 2015, 11:26:01 AM »
We certainly don't like what's going down, culturally. However, until the bullets start flying, here's what you can do/bring to your pastor to ensure they're doing all they can to prevent debauchery from entering your place of worship. My church has adopted their suggested By-Laws.

From the Alliance Defending Freedom:
(link embedded in the image, here: https://apologeticsworkshop.wordpress.com/2015/07/02/protecting-your-ministry/)

2 Timothy 4:3
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Protecting your Church & Ministry
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:45:57 AM »
Sadly...I bet many chicken out, taking the path of least resistance...and reaping a bitter harvest...

The few that fight for their principles and beliefs deserve our support.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:11:00 PM »
Sadly...I bet many chicken out, taking the path of least resistance...and reaping a bitter harvest...

The few that fight for their principles and beliefs deserve our support.

And they'll reap as they have sown.  ::lalanotlistening::  ::popcorn::

Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 10:33
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:29:50 PM »
Obviously, those are racist, sexist and homophobic passages that need to be cleansed from the Bible.

Hey, kinda like taking a bar of soap to God's mouth, ain't it?  I wonder what God will shove in return?

::popcorn::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 02:35:42 PM »

Hey, kinda like taking a bar of soap to God's mouth, ain't it?  I wonder what God will shove in return?

::popcorn::

Well...and don't quote me on this...but i kinda' remember something about...and I could be mistaken...but somewhere I read about an eternal (which sounds like a l-o-n-g time) lake of, uhm...fire.

Luke 16:20-25

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 08:08:00 AM »
My wife told me that the Episcopalians have already started changing their marriage ceremony to eliminate references to marriage between a man and a woman.

They've been queer for a while.
This just "legitimizes" it.

Look for many of the mainstream denominations to follow soon

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 09:27:58 AM »
Same sex marriage, of course, we all know is not a marriage, where God joins the couple into one.

What it is though, is a Pagan Ceremony.

This country embraces paganism as it turns its face on Christianity.

Start calling it for what it is, not a secular society, but a Pagan society. Secular sounds too nice.

We were founded as a secular nation that embraced Christianity. Now we are a full fledged Paganation.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"