Author Topic: Child Predator Arrested in Annandale, MN  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Child Predator Arrested in Annandale, MN
« on: October 30, 2015, 08:22:49 AM »
http://www.startribune.com/new-developments-to-be-announced-in-wetterling-case/338399961/

Regardless if this leads to new info on the 26 year old Wetterling case...a predator is off the streets.  So far the predator is denying any involvement...but perhaps if they promise solitary confinement when convicted of what they do have on him in return for cooperation instead of release into the general prison population where these people don't fare too well might lead to closing other cases.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Child Predator Arrested in Annandale, MN
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »
It would be so amazing if after all these years, the Wetterling case was solved. Being from St. Cloud (adjacent to St. Joseph), Jacob's disappearance was such a shock to our community.

No family should have to suffer the loss of a child, and then suffer a complete lack of closure. I pray that if this guy is guilty, he either confesses, or cops are able to make some kind of discovery that would lead to closure for the Wetterling family.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »
It would be so amazing if after all these years, the Wetterling case was solved. Being from St. Cloud (adjacent to St. Joseph), Jacob's disappearance was such a shock to our community.

No family should have to suffer the loss of a child, and then suffer a complete lack of closure. I pray that if this guy is guilty, he either confesses, or cops are able to make some kind of discovery that would lead to closure for the Wetterling family.

As a parent, I can't come close to imagining the feeling the family is going through. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 08:09:53 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Gosch

Being an Iowegian paperboy in the late 70's/early 80's, this one affected me more.  Sad that the mother has pretty much lost it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Gosch

Being an Iowegian paperboy in the late 70's/early 80's, this one affected me more.  Sad that the mother has pretty much lost it.

What a messed up story.  And who would prey upon a mother who lost a child to a fate unknown?  Probably a current day Obama voter.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.