Topics > Politics/Legislation/Elections

This is my shocked face: no charges for Hillary

(1/88) > >>

Glock32:
What a shocker!  So the FBI basically just said "she's guilty, but we're not going to recommend charges because we can't prove there was criminal intent."

I might be more angry if I hadn't known from the beginning that there was absolutely zero chance of anything sticking to her.  Even if she was charged and found guilty, the FSA would vote for her anyway.

Pandora:
Not for nuthin', but criminal intent doesn't have to be proven, because it is not required to be in violation of the law in question.

Feh.

Glock32:
Oh I know.  At best, a lack of criminal intent might be considered a mitigating factor.  But doesn't it just seem so, so curious that this comes immediately on the heels of the AG apologizing for the unusual meeting with Bill and reiterating that she would go with whatever the FBI recommends?

I am not sure what troubles me more, that we have elites who are above the law and know it, or that their fan club sees this not as an embarrassment but rather a cause for gloating and celebration.

This banana republic is unsalvageable.  It's unsalvageable and a growing majority completely approve.

Alphabet Soup:
I just got thoroughly thrashed at the freepers for suggesting that there might be a mass exodus from the FBI in the wake of this abomination. Call me naive but I believe that there were agents who pursued this case sincerely and are feeling betrayed right about now.

We will see.

Glock32:
They aren't going anywhere.  That government pension and pseudo-knighthood they have is way more important than "fidelity, bravery, integrity" and whatever other bullsh*t they pretend they are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version