Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 103012 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2011, 09:08:24 PM »
Not enough sharks...there's blood everywhere and not enough carnivores to attack the wounded...I fear the perps in The Regime are going to get away with yet another one...

::gaah::

Right now I'm praying that the sharks are brushing and flossing so they're ready to go when the election draws near.

I'm not holding my breath on that one. ::gaah::

Kelly's Heroes Oddball - Negative Waves

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2011, 06:50:28 AM »
"Crazy... I mean like, so many positive waves... maybe we can't lose, you're on!"

::rolllaughing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2011, 05:18:10 PM »

Is this some kind of cloaking device maneuver?

Link
[blockquote]
The ATF has promoted three key supervisors of a controversial sting operation that allowed firearms to be illegally trafficked across the U.S. border into Mexico.
[/blockquote]

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2011, 05:54:40 PM »
Kenneth E. Melson, the ATF's acting director, said in an agency-wide confidential email announcing the promotion that McMahon was among ATF employees being rewarded because of "the skills and abilities they have demonstrated throughout their careers."

Good find, CO!  I heard about this yesterday and couldn't find a confirming link.

I don't know what to make of this except to say it doesn't look like these particular heads will roll.  For now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
Kenneth E. Melson, the ATF's acting director, said in an agency-wide confidential email announcing the promotion that McMahon was among ATF employees being rewarded because of "the skills and abilities they have demonstrated throughout their careers."

Good find, CO!  I heard about this yesterday and couldn't find a confirming link.

I don't know what to make of this except to say it doesn't look like these particular heads will roll.  For now.

I subscribe to a local guy named Dave Workman: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/dave-workman?CID=examiner_alerts_index

He is always right there with gun rights info and has been on top of F&F.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »
Issa’s office  quickly responded to the NY Times story, demanding corrections

Are these two stories unrelated, or is this something of a coordinated Left Media effort to discredit Issa and deflect public attention toward him and away from his Fast and Furious probe?

Heck no, it's a coordinated effort to save Holder & Obama and hide Issa's hearings and evidence behind some big smoke and mirrors.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
Issa’s office  quickly responded to the NY Times story, demanding corrections

Are these two stories unrelated, or is this something of a coordinated Left Media effort to discredit Issa and deflect public attention toward him and away from his Fast and Furious probe?

Heck no, it's a coordinated effort to save Holder & Obama and hide Issa's hearings and evidence behind some big smoke and mirrors.

They moved them up the chain sos they're harder to get to.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2011, 06:38:51 AM »
No doubt all relevant documents met the shredder once the promotions came through.  They are dusting their tracks and making the trail cold.  Evil wins again...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2011, 12:26:51 PM »
Not so fast ....

Remember when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Attorney General Eric Holder blamed America’s gun laws, and specifically the expiration of the assault weapons ban, for the escalating violence in Mexico? And this statement, from President Obama:

“More than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States, many from gun shops that line our border,” President Obama said in February 2009.

That has been debunked over and over again, and the ATF’s Gunwalker scandal has become a running embarrassment, but Fox News’ William La Jeunesse takes a look at the latest intel from WikiLeaks and turns up something new. The Obama adminstration was well aware that what they were saying was false, but they said it anyway.

Even though these facts [about the origin of the guns] were well-known by the Obama administration, including Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Attorney General Eric Holder, it blamed much of the violence in Mexico on U.S. gun stores. …

According to State Department documents, in 2009 Mexico bought nearly $177 million worth of American-made weapons, exceeding sales to Iraq and Afghanistan. That number includes $20 million in semi- and fully automatic weapons.

“Most of the M16s were sold legally to the Mexican government and disappeared,” Kartchner added.

State Department cables obtained by WikiLeaks confirm that fear. One cable from November 2009 reads “U.S. law enforcement has fair reason to worry a number of weapons simply disappear… ”

Another from June 2009 says, “Rogue elements of the Guatemalan military are selling weapons to narcos.”

So the guns that are turning the cartels into private militaries are coming indirectly from the US government. Those guns are intended as weapons sales and foreign aid, not for the cartels, but the fact is that the administration knew of this when they attacked US gun laws, gun brokers and gun owners. They lied to us, at us, to blame us for a war we didn’t start and aren’t playing a role in. Their intent is obvious: To push for stricter gun laws in the US. And they lied, repeatedly and in unison, to pursue that political aim.

Wikileaks.  Ya gotta love it.

If there is any Justice in this world, and there may not be, this will bring this administration DOWN.

H/T jpsfudimo
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2011, 12:32:10 PM »
There is enough here to bring any administration down with insinuation and accusation alone. Imagine if this was the Bush administration.
Good God, some days I just want to create my own justice in the void.

With so much power willing to lie and obfuscate to such a degree, some days I just don't see how this all ends without mass graves.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:34 PM »
There is enough here to bring any administration down with insinuation and accusation alone. Imagine if this was the Bush administration.

With so much power willing to lie and obfuscate to such a degree, some days I just don't see how this all ends without mass graves.

It just might.  And if it does, they will be theirs.

Care to remember Nixon a bit?  It wasn't the deed, it was the coverup .........

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »

It just might.  And if it does, they will be theirs.

Care to remember Nixon a bit?  It wasn't the deed, it was the coverup .........

Where the hell is the special prosecutor??
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2011, 01:42:18 PM »
Pffft.  Yeah, right.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »
Special Prosecutor?

That law only gets passed (with an expiration date commencing January 20th when a new Admin is ready to be sworn in) when there is a non-proglodyte to go after!

Siwwy Wabbit!

::slapfight::

Just wake me up when the revolution starts!

::whoohoo::

::rockets::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »
Last month it was revealed that Columbus city officials were using the town's police cars and other equipment to run guns to the cartels.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2011/08/gunwalker-heard-about-city-officials-in.html

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »
Okay, so the ATF wasn't too swift on this gun thing.

It's all kind of balanced out by the kick butt action against Gibson guitars (and the concurrent media coverage), though. I sure am glad that the feds are there making the world safe for guitars. Helps me sleep at night.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
BTW, as this story more than emphasizes, the CEO of Gibson is a (gasp) Republican donor. That's a crime right there, I don't care who you are.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »
The acting ATF Director gets reassigned.........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/30/sources-atf-director-to-be-reassigned-amid-fast-and-furious-uproar/

Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson has been reassigned to a lesser post in the Justice Department and the U.S. attorney for Arizona was also pushed out Tuesday as fallout from Operation Fast and Furious reached new heights.

Melson's step down from his role as head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to the position of senior adviser on forensic science in the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Programs is effective by close of business Tuesday, administration officials announced. U.S. Attorney for the District of Minnesota B. Todd Jones will replace Melson.

No trial, no criminal charges, WTF??
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »

Isn't he the fellow who requested a meeting with Issa, showed up with a private lawyer, and spilled the beans on Holder and o?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2011, 09:38:07 PM »

Isn't he the fellow who requested a meeting with Issa, showed up with a private lawyer, and spilled the beans on Holder and o?

They made their deal. Bastards are putting all these people behing as many shields as possible.
 Filippo Mazzie