Author Topic: Package at WVA Post Office Explodes; Spews White Powder  (Read 1477 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Package at WVA Post Office Explodes; Spews White Powder
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:52:46 AM »
http://www.herald-mail.com/breakingnews/hm-package-explodes-at-ranson-post-office-white-powder-reportedly-escapes-20111104,0,4376343.story

RANSON, W.Va.—
The U.S. Post Office in Ranson was evacuated Friday morning after a package exploded, spewing white power inside the building, authorities said.

Fifteen people who were inside the post office at the time of the explosion have been quarantined inside a school bus that is in a parking lot in Ranson Square, a shopping center about 100 yards from  the post office, according to Ronald Fletcher, a firefighter with Citizens Fire Company who has been designated as the incident spokesman.

But a check of the air inside the post office found no trace of a chemical agent, according to Fletcher.

“Everything is coming back negative, everything looks good,” he said.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Package at WVA Post Office Explodes; Spews White Powder
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 11:04:43 AM »
April Fool.

Terror-izing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 11:15:15 AM »
Yeah. So far it looks innocuous - as far as damage is concerned. Regardless, terrorism is terrorism no matter how 'innocuous' it was to begin with.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »
OWSer's, no doubt.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jxxmScV_hbH4HrBJEQ39SbYESMJA?docId=21433f9584d64f0282273c2a4b135292

RANSON, W.Va. (AP) — A reported exploding package and spray of white powder that sent emergency units rushing to a small-town post office turned out to be just the pop of a malfunctioning fluorescent light bulb, authorities said Friday.

The white powder that workers at the U.S. Post Office in Ranson saw was most likely smoke from the damaged bulb, said Ronald Fletcher, a firefighter with Citizens Fire Co. and the designated incident spokesman.

X-rays also revealed that a suspicious package in a storage locker contained only cookies, he said.

It appears that this story was a false alarm!
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 06:13:46 PM »
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jxxmScV_hbH4HrBJEQ39SbYESMJA?docId=21433f9584d64f0282273c2a4b135292

RANSON, W.Va. (AP) — A reported exploding package and spray of white powder that sent emergency units rushing to a small-town post office turned out to be just the pop of a malfunctioning fluorescent light bulb, authorities said Friday.

The white powder that workers at the U.S. Post Office in Ranson saw was most likely smoke from the damaged bulb, said Ronald Fletcher, a firefighter with Citizens Fire Co. and the designated incident spokesman.

X-rays also revealed that a suspicious package in a storage locker contained only cookies, he said.

It appears that this story was a false alarm!

I should be screaming, but I am now officially laughing my ass off instead. 

THESE are the bulbs being pushed on us, and still are, despite recent reports that the above described "malfunction" has been experienced by many folks and documented.  That it happened now in a government office is .... well, I can only wish Upton, Pelousy, Boehner, Reid, Schmucky Schumer, and The First Mrs. (why should she be spared?) are treated to the same Karmic "malfunction".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »
I guess the team that went in was the HazMat team sent to clean up the toxic mess from the new 'green' light bulbs.  ;)
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus