Author Topic: Bristol Motor Speedway  (Read 1942 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Bristol Motor Speedway
« on: March 19, 2011, 05:42:41 PM »
Saturday's Nationwide race...

Wow. That Danica Patrick sure is a whiner.

She crashes and gets a DNF and her post crash interview is nothing but bitching about how unfair it all is. Had a big stupid ass hissy fit at Ryan Truax who she apparently thought took her out on purpose. I watched the replay several times and I just don't see it. Sure doesn't do very much to make female racers look good. Makes them look like babies.

This was her last NASCAR appearance until June. Maybe she will grow up a little bit between now and then.

Surprisingly few wrecks for Bristol. I guess they changed up the track a bit and it's now somewhat safer. Makes for more green flag pits which should change up the strategy some.

Kyle Busch wins today's race.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:53:42 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Bristol Motor Speedway
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »
Yeah, Danica needs to grow up.  Truex did nothing wrong, Danica needs to gain a clue as to the condition of her car and what it's doing on the track at any given point.

That's Bristol, you need to keep your head in the game every millisecond or something bad can happen.

She should go back to open wheel full-time, close quarters racing is not for everybody!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:39:28 PM »
Well, the changes that were made to the track seem to have made Bristol somewhat safer (or easier to drive) because there has not been the kind of crazy crashes that usually happen there.

One other observation: What's with all of the empty seats? This place is ALWAYS sold out. Did these people just have something better to do today and just not show up? Because there is no way that these are unsold seats.

Don't know how this is all going to end up, of course, but Jimmy Johnson, Kyle Busch and Kevin Hardick are all looking pretty good.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 04:21:29 PM »
Finally a big multi car caution: Harvick spins out and a bunch of cars behind him get crosswise. Trevor Bayne gets wasted. Mark Martin got a tire shredded. Boyer's front end is crushed. Two or three others with damage.

I was beginning to think this wasn't Bristol.

NOTE: I am watching this on a time delay via DVR.

Green flag with 56 to go.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 04:22:25 PM »
Busch......blah!

And yeah, I dunno...economy finally taking a bite I guess.

If that is the case, then California could be down more too.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.