Author Topic: It's not technically a firearm  (Read 2508 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
It's not technically a firearm
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:13:55 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: It's not technically a firearm
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »
I heard of this before and it sounded really cool.

At work now so I can't see it but wasn't this the one that shot 30 rounds?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:03:27 PM »

That's a beauty, too bad modern technology hasn't kept up with it.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/01/the_46_caliber_semi-automatic_rifle_that_changed_the_world.html

Where did we go estray?  Girandoni invented the 20 shot repeater in 1779 and modern technology has got us where?  The Outlaw is a two shot, the Gamo is a single shot, and the Crossman is a six shot.  At least the Crossman is rated for wild hogs; that's pretty tough.

http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/LA_Outlaw.htm
http://www.airgundepot.com/gamo-hunter-extreme.html
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/rifles/pcp/BPE3571

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 07:14:40 AM »
The Lewis & Clark trip fascinates me, reading Undaunted Courage was immensely enjoyable.

The crossman airgun looks sweet.  I have one of their old "pump" models, gets rid of squirrels nicely, no fuss no muss and no noise.

PS-Lewis did not commit suicide upon his return, the circumstances surrounding his death smell worse than fish market on a hot July day!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:12:10 AM »
Libertas, did you watch the America Unearthed episode on this on H2?
Supposedly, he committed suicide but had two bullet holes

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:21:34 AM »
Libertas, did you watch the America Unearthed episode on this on H2?
Supposedly, he committed suicide but had two bullet holes

I have to take some of the stuff on that show with a grain of salt, but yeah they highlighted some of the inconsistencies in the narrative on thier episode, that Lewis' blood is not among the two pulled from the Masonic apron is interesting, but then again there is no way to prove the chain of custody either.  I thought the Brad Metzler team did better work, found documentary evidence that the Army officer that gave the suicide account Jefferson relied upon could not have been there since it has been proven by examination of court documents he was two days ride away that day.  Corrupt officers and jealous people did him in IMO.  Lewis deserved better.  To this day the NPS refuses to honor the request of his heirs to exhume the body.  Complete BS, they should bring their own team in there and dig it up ringed by armed supporters and dare the government to stop them.  It's their relative for crying out loud!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »
That is a beautiful and well made looking rifle.  Me though?  I'd feel just a tad uncomfortable resting my check on a cast iron buttstock holding 800 psi of compressed air.

Also, what did they pump it with?  Must have gotten pretty arduous after a while.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 01:28:17 PM »
does anyone know how to calculate the foot lbs of energy of a .177 pellet at 1250 fps?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »
does anyone know how to calculate the foot lbs of energy of a .177 pellet at 1250 fps?

Somewhere between "OUCH!" and "I'm comin' home, sweet Jesus!"
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 01:35:16 PM »
 ::hysterical::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 03:02:43 PM »
thanks idp even a laugh helps now and again.

I found this site and have answered my own question:
http://www.firearmexpertwitness.com/customguns/calcnrg.html
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »

Somewhere between "OUCH!" and "I'm comin' home, sweet Jesus!"

That's not for me to figure out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_energy

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 11:46:22 PM »
Hi, may name is David, and I am an addict. I must admit now that I have seen it...I WANT it. LOL

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 07:04:39 AM »
Mass and velocity, if light on mass boost velocity...or get closer and change it from "ouch to sweet Jesus"!  ;D