Author Topic: Reviews Wanted...Actually, Desperately Needed.  (Read 1137 times)

Offline fporretto

• Newb
  • Long Island's crazy libertarian-conservative
    • Liberty's Torch
Reviews Wanted...Actually, Desperately Needed.
« on: March 08, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »
I’ve asked.
I’ve pleaded.
I’ve wept in despair.

Yet my novels have so few reviews at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords that I might as well be selling “natural male enhancements.”

Okay, here’s the deal: I will give a free ebook to the next 100 persons who promise on the souls of their parents, spouses, and children (already extant, "in the oven," or merely contemplated in one’s boozy dreams) to:
1. Read it;
2. Review it honestly (Doesn’t have to be extensive, just what you really thought of the book);
3. Post your review at Amazon at minimum. (Additional placements are encouraged, but I know not to ask too much).

You have your choice of any of my nine novels:
-- The Realm of Essences Series:
    -- Chosen One
    -- On Broken Wings
    -- Shadow Of A Sword
    -- Polymath

The Spooner Federation series:
    -- Which Art In Hope
    -- Freedom's Scion
    -- Freedom's Fury

Standalone:
    -- The Sledgehammer Concerto
    -- Priestesses

Volunteer for this extremely hazardous duty by writing to me at fran.porretto@yahoo.com with Subject line "Review." Specify .mobi (Kindle), .epub (All other e-readers), or .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) format.

This post is programming you in undetectable ways.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Reviews Wanted...Actually, Desperately Needed.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 10:03:14 AM »
I don't have an e-reader. I have an ipad. But I can't imagine reading a whole book in pdf form. Is it enjoyable?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 10:31:35 AM »
I don't have an e-reader. I have an ipad. But I can't imagine reading a whole book in pdf form. Is it enjoyable?

It takes some getting used to.  I have read entire .pdfs and .mobis on my android phone to the kids ( we go to the bugout and forget the book I was reading to them each night..)  But once you get the hang of it you forget you are doing it..  Maybe some additional eye-strain from the lighted screen for some,  but I do that all day anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »
Well with the Snow and the cold and the lack of being able to go outside and do anything really useful,  I started a fire yesterday, lay down in front of it on a sheepskin rug and finally kept my promise to Fran and read "Which Art In Hope" - which was totally, totally excellent.   There are story elements I could nitpick and plot lines that didn't feel right or  realistic to me,  but in all its was a great read.  As good as anything I have read by Heinlein or Orson Scott Card (save perhaps Ender's Game)  Its very thought provoking,  has a great focus on ethics and faith, and had me turning page after page  ( I rarely will complete a book in one 24 hour period.. and a hardly read at all anymore , much less  fiction since I stopped spending half of my life on planes..)

If no one else has taken Fran up on his offer, you should consider it.  I knew he was a talented writer from his blog, but his novel exceeded my expectations.
Now I gotta go post more reviews for him to keep up my end of the deal ...