Author Topic: Multiple Children Killed In Tennessee School Bus Crash-Something Very Wrong Here  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Chattanooga Fire Department assistant chief Tracy Arnold confirmed “multiple” children were killed in Monday’s bus crash on Talley Road.

Speaking to media outside Woodmore Elementary School just after 6 p.m., Arnold could not immediately confirm the names or ages of those who were killed. The bus carried 35 students.

At least 23 students were taken to hospitals after the bus ran into a utility pole and overturned.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/308991-multiple-children-killed-in-tennessee-school-bus-crash/

Was it a tornado?!

Nope. 

It was an idiot...

Parents. come on, man?!  If you're bus driver looks like Snoop Dog...ya might want to drive the kids to school yourselves!!!

He had to be going way too fast and crazy to impale that bus like that!

UPDATE: Bus driver Johnthony Walker, 24, has been arrested and charged with five counts of vehicular homicide, reckless endangerment and reckless driving, according to Chattanooga Police Chief Fred Fletcher during a news conference this evening at 11:30 p.m. Standing near the site of the Woodmore Elementary bus crash on Talley Road, Fletcher said five children died on the scene.

Fletcher said he could not say if any fatalities occurred at Erlanger hospital, and added that the driver may face additional charges in coming days.

No other vehicles were involved in the crash and the Chattanooga Fire Department was involved in extricating victims who were trapped on the bus.

The Hamilton County Department of Education confirmed there were 37 Woodmore Elementary students on board the bus. Their grades range from kindergarten to fifth.

Of the students involved in the crash there were five confirmed fatalities, six critically injured, six admitted to hospitals but not critically injured and 20 treated and released by local hospitals.

The Hamilton County District Attorney's office reported one additional fatality at a local hospital.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2016/nov/21/school-bus-crashes-talley-road/399032/

Sad.  Prayers for the families and friends of the victims.   ::praying::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
That is awful.  It is almost hard to comprehend how it could happen.  When I heard about it yesterday I could only think it got hit by a semi or something.  When I was in school the buses were all speed governed and wouldn't even go more than about 35.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
It's what you get when you make school bus drivers minimum wage hires, to have more cash left over for that diversity director.

I think dozens of children is enough of an excuse to hire a professional grade driver.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Back in the day it was never a great paying gig either, but back then there were mostly retiree's and such (some college age kids)...and the retirees were great, they were doing it not so much for the money as for something to do in the mornings and afternoons...and they were responsible drivers...

And I think everybody across the nation is the same...it is up to the school district to hire the outfits that drive the buses...and because of the locality, the regulation, diversity mandates etc...it has devolved into a mixed bag what you end up with driving your kids.

It's why I scolded parents in this case...seriously, they need to know who is driving their kids to school, who is teaching their kids, who is policing their schools...all of it.  To me it is negligence not to know, it's just common sense...which is perhaps a larger part of the overall problem, right?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Here we go...

The last words of a driver before he sped round a curb and crashed a school bus, killing five children and injuring 23 more, were reportedly: ‘Are y’all ready to die?’

http://www.weaselzippers.us/309214-driver-of-bus-that-crashed-killing-5-kids-was-speeding-said-are-yall-ready-to-die/

Remember that line come sentencing.

And remember this -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3960898/Father-injured-kids-says-s-seen-bus-driver-reckless-before.html

And for damn sure...remember the kids!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Grieving mother of three bus crash victims says she REPEATEDLY warned school that the arrested driver would 'drink on the bus, cuss and speed'

Mother, Jasmine Mateen, said her children would complain about driver
    She said her three kids told her he would cuss at them and speed
    Mateen said they also told her that the driver would be drinking every day
    Her six-year-old daughter was one of the five children killed in bus crash
    Mateen said she made several attempts to notify school of driver's actions 
    Zyanna Harris, Cordayja Jones and a child named Zoey were among dead
    Johnthony Walker, 24, is charged with five counts of vehicular homicide
    He was driving well above 30mph speed limit when bus flipped on its side

And yet she put her kids on the friggin bus every day.

Jonthany?  Really?  Not surprised considering what he looks like.

Sigh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Some people treat their kids like transient commodities, not children...and yet these are among the smug progressives that beat kids over our heads as weapons to get the spoils they demand...saying it is for the children.

Makes one want to beat the living smug out of them!!!   ::gaah::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
If you know a school bus driver is drinking on the job, you call the police not the school district.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
The whole stinking city sounds like it should be a fault, from the typical s**thole American inner city education system to the morons that voted all Democrat government.

It's hard for me to care as the parents brought this all on themselves through willful ignorance in voting to putting their kids on that bus even knowing how dangerous and incompetent the driver is.