Author Topic: Kentucky county clerk refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses  (Read 2404 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Kentucky county clerk refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:04:01 AM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GAY_MARRIAGE_KENTUCKY_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-09-01-08-14-18

Let everyone see state force applied to those who stand in the states way, and let them witness what the state values more than your rights or liberty.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: Kentucky county clerk refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »
Supreme court ruled against her now too..   but still not issuing any licenses for anybody,  not just gays.

Believe it or not,  she was elected,  as a Democrat! 

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 05:33:17 PM »
In a sane world I would agree with the decision. It is, and always has been discriminatory that what the State refers to as Marriage ( not to be confused in any way with the religious ceremony, custom and obligation )  is a civil contract that confers certain legal rights, obligations and  protections to a couple for a nominal cost under $100, where in order to obtain a similar contract a gay couple would have to spend thousands.

There is really no good reason a CIVIL CONTRACT should not be available to all and under the same terms.  But that is in a Sane world.
In this world the butt-fing perverts want "acceptance" of the general population and society and not equal access to a contract. Their only interest in siad contract is to give them some air of legitimacy and give them some tools to use to bludgeon and bully others.  As such.  F'em. Hope she wins..

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 06:52:04 AM »
The gahyz were given the civil marriage route that would confer the same status as traditional marriage sans forced acceptance on church's and businesses, but they promptly, loudly, obnoxiously and repeatedly pissed all over that.  It is government-forced acceptance or nothing.

Stupid-ass people should have given them nothing.

And here we are...

::cussing::

::laserkill::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 04:56:57 PM »
So they're giving her jail time.  The regime will let illegal aliens out of jail, but they will damn sure find a cell for this woman.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »
I could see firing her - dereliction of duty or some nonsense - but jailing her is over the top. It doesn't do anything positive, it doesn't help anything, and it actually hardens attitudes. Such as my present attitude regarding this judge's mortality.

That Kim Davis is in jail and Lois Lerner is not shows that we are no longer a nation of laws - only naked power.

I wonder how bunning sleeps tonight?

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 11:56:33 PM »
I could see firing her - dereliction of duty or some nonsense - but jailing her is over the top. It doesn't do anything positive, it doesn't help anything, and it actually hardens attitudes. Such as my present attitude regarding this judge's mortality.

That Kim Davis is in jail and Lois Lerner is not shows that we are no longer a nation of laws - only naked power.

She cannot be fired,  she is an elected official,  she would have to be impeached. 

Her opponents didn't want jail time,  they wanted her fined, heavily.   Figuring she can't hold off as long with fines then jail time I imagine.   Plus jail time help her cause more then theirs.  It makes them look more like the jerks they are.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 07:23:59 AM »

She cannot be fired,  she is an elected official,  she would have to be impeached. 

Her opponents didn't want jail time,  they wanted her fined, heavily.   Figuring she can't hold off as long with fines then jail time I imagine.   Plus jail time help her cause more then theirs.  It makes them look more like the jerks they are.

This is a sick joke!  'Soup is right, when POS's like Lerner, Clinton, Holder et al are not in jail and this woman is just shows how completely backasswards this nation had become!  And I use the term nation extremely loosely...it might technically still exist as a "nation" but all the wheels on the cart are being torn off - the economic ponzi scheme is coming to an end, the statist coup in politics is setting the stage for a complete collapse of trust in the system, the social order is dominated by racist minorities and angry sexual deviants bent upon igniting civil war and the Judeo-Christian tradition is being completely dismantled and outlawed by Godless bastards who want to act out on their every perverted impulse sans judgement and with roaring (forced if necessary) adulation.

No, this cannot and will not continue.  All these sick SOBs are ensuring there is a complete breakdown across the spectrum and a civil war that will make any other up to this point look like a picnic!

To Hell with them...if they think they can bring this on and survive, they have the mother of all nightmares coming for their asses!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 07:46:31 AM »

Thanks richb - I haven't been following this closely enough to know that it was an elected position.

The radio station I listen to on my morning commute mentioned the controversy this morning and featured a small snippet of audio of people cheering the decision to jail her. I have to assume that they are part of the gaystapo. It only underscores the rift that is developing over this. I want to do violence to these people.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 10:40:21 AM »
the statist coup in politics is setting the stage for a complete collapse of trust in the system, the social order is dominated by racist minorities and angry sexual deviants bent upon igniting civil war and the Judeo-Christian tradition is being completely dismantled and outlawed by Godless bastards who want to act out on their every perverted impulse sans judgement and with roaring (forced if necessary) adulation.

No, this cannot and will not continue.  All these sick SOBs are ensuring there is a complete breakdown across the spectrum and a civil war that will make any other up to this point look like a picnic!

To Hell with them...if they think they can bring this on and survive, they have the mother of all nightmares coming for their asses!

You know what?  I thank them for this stratification of society that they're responsible for fueling.  It helps bring things into better focus.  It helps to more clearly delineate which side I want to be on.  My revulsion at the "fundamental transformation" occurring all around us has forced me genuinely seek out righteousness, which has in turn made me see Christianity as less a fuzzy abstraction and instead something I am more earnest about.

They have wagered that they can browbeat those who disagree with them into submission.  They have systematically bypassed the institutional safeguards that their opposition, us, might use to resist their fundamental transformation.  The electoral system has likewise been made a farce.  When you deny people "legitimate" avenues, they don't just give up and acquiesce to throwing away their entire belief system, they create their own avenues.  And when that maelstrom begins, it will be entirely the creation of the Left, and they shall deserve the full brunt of it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 11:05:11 AM »
the statist coup in politics is setting the stage for a complete collapse of trust in the system, the social order is dominated by racist minorities and angry sexual deviants bent upon igniting civil war and the Judeo-Christian tradition is being completely dismantled and outlawed by Godless bastards who want to act out on their every perverted impulse sans judgement and with roaring (forced if necessary) adulation.

You know what?  I thank them for this stratification of society that they're responsible for fueling.  It helps bring things into better focus.  It helps to more clearly delineate which side I want to be on.  My revulsion at the "fundamental transformation" occurring all around us has forced me genuinely seek out righteousness, which has in turn made me see Christianity as less a fuzzy abstraction and instead something I am more earnest about.

They have wagered that they can browbeat those who disagree with them into submission.  They have systematically bypassed the institutional safeguards that their opposition, us, might use to resist their fundamental transformation.  The electoral system has likewise been made a farce.  When you deny people "legitimate" avenues, they don't just give up and acquiesce to throwing away their entire belief system, they create their own avenues.  And when that maelstrom begins, it will be entirely the creation of the Left, and they shall deserve the full brunt of it.

Youbetchya!!!

::realitycheck::