Author Topic: Dean Jones  (Read 1604 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Dean Jones
« on: September 03, 2015, 09:03:10 AM »
Dean Jones

There went a large part of my cinematic childhood.  84 is not a bad run. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Dean Jones
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 09:39:06 AM »
Yeah, mine too.  Way back when I was a wee lad...my mother made a birthday theme around Herbie...cake was shaped and decorated like a VW Bug...the whole works (she was really creative and really good at making stuff) and all this was waiting for us when we got back from the movie, which was...yeah you know...

He was close to my fathers age.

R.I.P.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
Oddly enough, "Herbie" is the only movie I can recall seeing him in.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 11:52:45 AM »
Beethoven (a big dog movie)
The Herbie movies
The Shaggy DA
That Darn Cat

I remember those, and I'm sure more.  Back before Disney became a home for chicks with issues, doing videos with milk like substance being dripped onto their face, it was the home of movies like above, which were my childhood.  Except Beethoven, that was 90s.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 12:42:15 PM »
Beethoven (a big dog movie)
The Herbie movies
The Shaggy DA
That Darn Cat

I remember those, and I'm sure more.  Back before Disney became a home for chicks with issues, doing videos with milk like substance being dripped onto their face, it was the home of movies like above, which were my childhood.  Except Beethoven, that was 90s.

Other than the first Herbie, I missed the rest.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 07:14:15 PM »
His best was when he played the Apostle John. Hate to see him gone from this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Lbx1Hj9CY

God rest him, and God love him, I did.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 08:06:44 PM »
David Barton, of Wallbuilders, sent an email out on Dean's passing earlier today (Dean narrates several of Wallbuilders audio CDs, including 'Bullet Proof George Washington'):

Honoring Dean Jones!

"Disney Legend Dean Jones, a strong and dedicated Christian, went to his home in heaven on Monday, September 1, at the age of 84. Dean was an exceptional actor and starred in 10 of the best-loved Disney films (Herbie the Love Bug series, That Darn Cat, Snowball Express, The Ugly Dachshund, Blackbeard's Ghost, etc.), as well as dozens of others (including Beethoven, Clear and Present Danger, and St. John in Exile). He also starred in several Broadway productions.
Many are properly recognizing Jones for all he did as a singer and actor, but few are recalling his patriotism and strong Christian faith. We had the honor of spending time with Dean and his wife, Lory, as he recorded (see picture on the right) our audio book of The Bulletproof George Washington. He was a strong patriot who loved his country and appreciated our rich Biblical heritage.Dean became a Christian in mid-life, but his love for Jesus was deep, and so was his love for people.

Dean was once asked why Christians didn't do more to support and help the millions of other Christians across the world who were being persecuted. The question remained with him, and shortly afterwards, he heard about several imprisoned Christians who were facing death in the Middle East. Knowing he must personally do something, he initiated a rescue operation. With the help of a couple of US senators and the US military, three weeks later those prisoners were on a plane headed for America.

Dean and Lory then founded the Christian Rescue Committee, and working with the government and former US SEALS, they began undertaking dramatic midnight rescues of Christians and Jews being persecuted and imprisoned around the world. Countless lives were saved because of Dean and Lory's love for Christ and His children.

The world's great loss through the death of Dean Jones is now heaven's great gain. We honor Dean for the work he did for Christ and for the wholesome entertainment he provided for tens of millions. And we pray that God bless and uphold Lory, who was herself a noted actress."

http://wallbuilders.com/
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »
I didn't know that, I bet most people do not. Again, that is a hallmark of good people - doing good and not making a show of it.  Thanks for sharing that information!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.