Author Topic: Trap's Movie Thread  (Read 229387 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Trap's Movie Thread
« Reply #760 on: September 27, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »
Live action or anime?

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #761 on: September 27, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
This is the Live Action movie of Attack on Titan.. There will be just 1-3 showing in most locales.
I found this theater through this site.

http://www.attackontitanthemovie.com/theater/

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #762 on: November 20, 2015, 10:19:56 PM »
Last week I recommended Amazon's Pilot Episode for The Man In The High Castle. I stand by that. It was awesome. I hope everyone watches it and the show garners a zillion positive reviews. I'd like to crowbar Amazon's ass off the couch and make those bastards film the rest of the series. (It's possible you didn't like it. If so may I recommend Ow My Balls for a more appropriate choice of entertainment?)

As for myself, I couldn't wait. I bought The Man in the High Castle in book form. (Actually I bought it in Kindle form. For better or worse I've ditched paper so thoroughly I'm as likely to buy a paperback as an illuminated manuscript.)

I'm glad I picked it up. I'm halfway through and it's been excellent. (I just wish I had more time to read. You know how it gets when you've got a killer book at hand but are continually distracted by... life.)

I'm thinking the folks at Amazon have their antennae tuned to the wind because they just dropped the price of the book. That's right. While yours truly paid a reasonable (but not cheap) $7.69 everyone else can go get it for $2.99. Life; it 'aint fair.

You heard it here first. Apparently it's possible to buy a book from 1962 and and still make the purchase a week before the price drops. Is there a word for "53 years late to the party and still an early adopter"?

Full Season now on Amazon Prime. Kinda excite to have something to watch . but then not watching it, because its so depressing.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #763 on: November 21, 2015, 06:38:38 AM »
I watched 4 or 5 episodes last night.
Probably the rest tonight.

It's really good

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #764 on: November 22, 2015, 10:51:02 AM »
I watched 4 or 5 episodes last night.
Probably the rest tonight.

It's really good

I viewed the pilot online and was impressed - I may need to find a friend with a boob-toob ;')

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #765 on: November 22, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
You can stream it on your computer

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #766 on: November 25, 2015, 01:33:26 PM »
I've watched the whole first season now, and really hope they continue the series.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #767 on: November 25, 2015, 03:48:18 PM »
It seems significantly different than the book.
Just started the book.

I really liked the show but not sure they could go anywhere else with this

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #768 on: December 16, 2015, 08:40:27 AM »
My Son is very excited to see Star Wars. I am less enthusiastic, but the limited reviews range from OK to excellent, so maybe we will go see it.
I got to telling him about the Cooper where pretty much everyone in Denver saw the original Star Wars - and  pretty much everyone who did is left with a profound nostalgia about it.  It remains to this day my best ever movie going experience.  The Cooper was first created to show Cinerama films-- 3 Projectors aimed 3 different ways  from three different projector rooms in perfect sync...  They were projected on a 146 degree  108 x 35 foot curved screen, in a theater that held 814 people - plus had lounges around the sides for smoking/eating and drinking during intermission.   And the  Sound System had to be experienced. Deep bass. Soaring Highs. The Cooper is probably the reason that I have a projector in my home, along with those massive speakers.  Still trying to recapture that wonder from when I was a kid.

You are in  second Grade. That theater is PACKED with excited happy people,  those curtains slide apart and the Star Wars theme begins playing  ( Yes they opened and closed the Curtains between the previews and the feature..) I am seated on my legs, so I can see over the taller person in front of me.. in one of those sets in the lower left of the picture on the right hand side of the theater.  Yes it left an impression.

It was razed to the ground  by Barnes and Noble and now the lot has a starbucks and bookstore.

But it turns out I am not the only one with such memories... and luckily this other person also has money...

The screen is only half size though - a mere 64 feet.
So yeah, if my son wants me to brave crowds to go see Star Wars, I think its going to involve a road trip to Casper Wyoming. 

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 09:06:08 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #769 on: December 16, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »
Might be heading out to see Creed tonight.
I'm a sucker for Rocky movies

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #770 on: December 16, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »
Be prepared to slap the crap out of moaners and groaners like this silly racist tart...

https://youtu.be/G4MemWayPcA

...if we can bite our tongues at queer storm troopers certainly the trigger-happy thin-skinned pansies out there can STFD and STFU for a couple hours!

But I doubt it, so be prepared to smack 'em!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #771 on: December 17, 2015, 05:44:30 PM »
MST3K is back !- 14 episodes - entirely crowdfunded

And Yea ! Felicia Day will in fact play the new villain. ( Yeah. Thats right - you should have watched Dr. Horrible and the Guild when I told you to.)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #772 on: December 18, 2015, 07:07:26 AM »
Swell, hopefully I'll get to check out some episodes before everything goes dark!   ::whoohoo::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:12:54 PM by Libertas »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #774 on: December 18, 2015, 10:05:44 PM »
Didn't plan on seeing Star Wars today. . Mormon family had an extra ticket in a group of something like 20 people.. so I went

I have to admit I had an involuntary shudder when I saw Episode VII - I have waited a very, very, long time for this.... please don't suck.

This is the Star Wars you are looking for. The movie's opening line is " Hopefully this will help make things right" - and it does.
I liked it better than Return of the  Jedi. Maybe better than Empire Strikes Back.
Yes, you can go see this one.  Worst review I saw before I went was " I know its poetry but does it have to rhyme so completely ?"  and Yeah, there is some of that, but not enough to spoil it.
If  you can like a movie with Ewoks you can easily like this..
The CGI is good, but NOT overhanded or over used.

MINOR Spoilers ahead

I give a crap about the new Characters, and Han Solo and Chewbacca have a part and it doesn't feel forced.
The interactions between Han and Leia are a little unnatural to me and the are some plot points that are somewhat irritating.
But they are back on with telling the story again, so all complaints are pretty minor.

Thank God they took it away from Lucas.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:13:56 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #775 on: December 19, 2015, 09:07:05 AM »
I agree.  I have seen it twice now.  I always get more out of the second viewing.  The first viewing was digestion of the fact that the Star Wars story is finally moving into new territory, and having to accept that some of your assumptions about what must've happened have been dashed.  I liked it on the first viewing, but I like it a lot more after the second.

The characters make some humorous call backs to things they did in the original trilogy, without overdoing it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #776 on: December 19, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »
So, neither of you were in the theater where the projector broke halfway through and pandemonium ensued, eh?

I will wait for the buzz and crowds to dip, sneak in one early Saturday morning showing and then get the heck out.  I hate big crowds, lines and waiting...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #777 on: December 19, 2015, 01:31:37 PM »
I will wait for the buzz and crowds to dip, sneak in one early Saturday morning showing and then get the heck out.  I hate big crowds, lines and waiting...

I got in on one of those dealys where there is a big fan , who is going to do all of the line waiting, and planning, and what not. I showed up 20 minutes before the film, handed him $10 and sat down. Otherwise I wouldn't have been there.  But sometimes a happy active crowd makes the movie better in my opinion. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #778 on: December 19, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »

I got in on one of those dealys where there is a big fan , who is going to do all of the line waiting, and planning, and what not. I showed up 20 minutes before the film, handed him $10 and sat down. Otherwise I wouldn't have been there.  But sometimes a happy active crowd makes the movie better in my opinion.

You must like people (in general) more than I.   ::hysterical::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #779 on: December 19, 2015, 04:51:09 PM »

You must like people (in general) more than I.   ::hysterical::

You probably say that because, like me, there are very few groups in which you can belong. Just as I enjoyed that 800 person crowd cheering at the Cooper when I was 7,  I enjoyed this crowd as they clapped as Han Solo appeared,  when the best jokes were made,  and so on. Its nice to occasionally be in  a crowd of people of like mind ( when that like mind isn't hell bent on hurting someone..)