Author Topic: looking down from Olympus  (Read 562 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

looking down from Olympus
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »

United States Representative Aaron Schock spoke on Fox this evening about his efforts to free a political prisoner from Myanmar. When asked why he did this he said that one day he told his staff to find an example of wrongfully imprisoned political prisoners in the world and pick one and try and free him.

While it is good that the subject of his project has been freed, It struck me as sort of an example of what the greek gods would do as they looked down at the mere mortals below and decided to medle in their affairs.

If Mr Schock was truly worried about global injustice due to tyannical governments he should first tend to his own government and then, having solved our problem, use that government to insure the blessings of liberty to the rest of the world rather than withdrawing from it behind our oceans.

I smell hypocrisy here on oh so many levels
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: looking down from Olympus
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
I agree that they look at us from on high, and that goes for the whole of the liberal elite.  As for the chosen recipient of their magnanimity, the liberal moral code always dictates "the Other" as a superior entity. Liberals reflexively side with the Other in all scenarios.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: looking down from Olympus
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 07:07:39 AM »
You don't have to look far to see tyranny in America...if you don't see it then you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.