Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 4141 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
I'm back
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:48:34 PM »
  Did you even notice I was gone? ::thinking::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »
I haven't really been around enough to know who has or hasn't been here. Our holidays were super busy, lots of guests coming and going, lots of visiting.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
I noticed!  I was beginning to believe you didn't like us (me) anymore.  Hope the baby's fine and y'all had a good Christmas.

So, what's the story?  Spill.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:17:15 PM »
  Did you even notice I was gone? ::thinking::

Of course. I knew you had your hands full and would pop your head up when things settled a bit. Glad to "see" you again JF!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »
I noticed.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 11:16:03 PM »
 On Dec  the people I work for bought another Chevy store and asked me to go there with the new managers to help get the place up and running their way. I agreed to go as it is half the distance that I drive now to get there.

Had I known how bad it was I would have run the other way. The place is stuck in the 70s nobody has spent a dime on it since then. The sales people had a country club going and the mechanics did everthing in their sweet time. Nobody had a concept of that "NOW" means.

The customers were more or less a bother if they asked a question.The used car dept had more sh*t in it than you can imagine.The lot was a disaster area.

It ook tow days to wholesale what they called a used car inventory and two weeks to get the rest of them serviced and scrubbed within an inch of their lives so that they can be sold without my face turning red from shame at showing any car there.

The new cars were spread over 9 acres in no particular order,cars trucks 2013s 2014s mixed in all over the yard and a sales force that didn't see a proble with it. The office furniture was so dirty that I refused to sit on the chair.

No computers anywhere in the showroom and on and on.

I found the old owners private conferance room and took the furniture out of that  and tossed the old sh*t in the closest dumpster.

Then the new new cars had to be sorted out and lined up . At first it was me and the managers out there while the boys watched from the windows.  Till management who was hoping to lead by example blew their tops and went in and threw them outside to get in on the fun(lazy f**ks).

It took three days to get it done as they wined and cried  like little bitches. Even the key boards were a mess not to mention the missing keys that came with it.

My phone boke and they lost all my contacts and my computer has been gone for almost a week to get revived and I have been working 8.30 am to 7.00 pn almost every day since I got there.

We sold more cars in the last two weeks of Dec than they did in the previous 6 weeks. And it's not over yet there is a mountain of remodeling to do which will take about 8 months to complete if all goes well.

I could go on but it takes me too long to type that much.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 11:45:45 PM »
Well JF if it makes you feel any better, the President would like to remind you that "you didn't build that...somebody else made that happen".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 12:04:59 AM »
On Dec  the people I work for bought another Chevy store and asked me to go there with the new managers to help get the place up and running their way. I agreed to go as it is half the distance that I drive now to get there.

Had I known how bad it was I would have run the other way. The place is stuck in the 70s nobody has spent a dime on it since then. The sales people had a country club going and the mechanics did everthing in their sweet time. Nobody had a concept of that "NOW" means.

The customers were more or less a bother if they asked a question.The used car dept had more sh*t in it than you can imagine.The lot was a disaster area.

It ook tow days to wholesale what they called a used car inventory and two weeks to get the rest of them serviced and scrubbed within an inch of their lives so that they can be sold without my face turning red from shame at showing any car there.

The new cars were spread over 9 acres in no particular order,cars trucks 2013s 2014s mixed in all over the yard and a sales force that didn't see a proble with it. The office furniture was so dirty that I refused to sit on the chair.

No computers anywhere in the showroom and on and on.

I found the old owners private conferance room and took the furniture out of that  and tossed the old sh*t in the closest dumpster.

Then the new new cars had to be sorted out and lined up . At first it was me and the managers out there while the boys watched from the windows.  Till management who was hoping to lead by example blew their tops and went in and threw them outside to get in on the fun(lazy f**ks).

It took three days to get it done as they wined and cried  like little bitches. Even the key boards were a mess not to mention the missing keys that came with it.

My phone boke and they lost all my contacts and my computer has been gone for almost a week to get revived and I have been working 8.30 am to 7.00 pn almost every day since I got there.

We sold more cars in the last two weeks of Dec than they did in the previous 6 weeks. And it's not over yet there is a mountain of remodeling to do which will take about 8 months to complete if all goes well.

I could go on but it takes me too long to type that much.

Well.  They obviously knew who they needed to get their poop in a group at the new place.

Hope remuneration due is forthcoming.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 05:00:54 AM »
Sounds like the dealership was a mob front to launder money.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 06:05:37 AM »
Sounds like a fun time, JF. I'm sure your popular with the new guys.

Glad your back!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 06:54:38 AM »
Welcome back.  From your 'fun' times at work, sure am glad I'm retired  ::oldman::  ::thumbsup::- well part time job for something to do [at least that's what I tell the wife  ::laughonfloor::]
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 07:36:04 AM »
Glad you are back, it appears you haven't lost any juice!  Feisty as ever!   ;D   ::thumbsup::

Hope all is well in the family! 

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 08:03:42 AM »
Interesting read, from the inside.  I guess I'm spoiled, latching onto two dealerships over the past 25 years, that are totally customer oriented.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 08:18:38 AM »

Nope just owners that stopped giving a crap a long time ago.

No Pan there isn't any money involved as of yet,I was promised nothing, I like the shorter drive and the challenge.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 09:29:39 AM »
JF, welcome back and it sounds like fun.
I found it interesting because I am getting some info on marketing to car dealers
Keep us posted on the progress

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 10:51:53 AM »

LOL

Back in the '70's my brothers and I used to frequent a cafe that was situated next to a used car lot. I might never have even noticed the car lot except that they didn't have much for customer parking (no on-street parking) and consequently their customers used the cafe's lot which led to occasional encounters with some really peculiar people.

So we would sit in the cafe and drink coffee and shoot the shyt and watch the world going by about 3-4 times a week. And over time my attention was drawn gain and again to the little car lot that was packed to the gunnels with jalopies and had no shortage of patrons.....but never seemed to actually sell any cars.

The inventory never varied. Yes, they would occasionally reposition the merchandise but it was always the same cars. Once I had taken note of this fact I found myself eavesdropping on their business on every visit. This went on for over a year.

And then one morning I showed up as the cafe are was amazed to see an empty lot next door. All of the cars were gone. The office was vacant and stripped of furnishings. They left behind four or five hulks that should have been sent to the scrappers long ago.

No Internet in those days so I watched the paper for some clue as to what became of them but there was never a whisper. I called the town newspaper and inquired but got the "I don't know nothing" response from an incurious staffer.

I always figured that it was a front for drugs or money laundering but I never got any satisfactory explanation.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 06:38:52 PM »
reminds of this story

a number of years ago I was friends with a woman whose neighbor worked at a "used car dealership".  He came home every night with a new luxury car.  Till he got busted for laundering drug money through the business.

This was in neighborhood of million dollar plus homes.  The neighbors, of course, were amazed. He had a different fancy car every day-- that I guessed seemed normal to them. The wife apparently had no clue.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."