Author Topic: I helped save a life!!  (Read 3677 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
I helped save a life!!
« on: April 22, 2011, 10:34:30 AM »
  My wife wanted Lamb chops for Easter Sunday and I had to talk her out of them because many of those poor little things were going to die at a very young age. I was able to talk her out of Killing the poor thing.

So were having:

Beef roast for holiday cooking
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:40:26 AM by John Florida »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

RickZ

Re: I helped save a life!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »
My wife wanted Lamb chops for Easter Sunday and I had to talk her out of them . . .

Coward!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »
Yah, you saved a lambie and are responsible for killing a standing rib roast instead.

Which is, oooooo, nomnom; I love that.  What time is dinner?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
Yah, you saved a lambie and are responsible for killing a standing rib roast instead.

You tell me what time you can make it. I just got back from buying two 10 pounders. I left out a 5 pounder for Sunday boned out one 10 pounder and cut it into steaks and vac packed one 5 pounder for another day and saved the bones for the next time I make sauce. There was a sale at one of the local stores and bought USDA choice for 3.99 a pound and there was a 5.00 off coupon for purchases over 50. bucks.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 01:49:53 PM »

You tell me what time you can make it. I just got back from buying two 10 pounders. I left out a 5 pounder for Sunday boned out one 10 pounder and cut it into steaks and vac packed one 5 pounder for another day and saved the bones for the next time I make sauce. There was a sale at one of the local stores and bought USDA choice for 3.99 a pound and there was a 5.00 off coupon for purchases over 50. bucks.

Wow.  Nice deal you got there.  Good on ya! 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
My wife wanted Lamb chops for Easter Sunday and I had to talk her out of them . . .

Coward!

We've had this talk I don't like lamb in any way shape or form.So I had to appeal to her mother instinct about killing babies.If that was Goat chops I'm all about that.But I've never seen those in any store.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »

Wow.  Nice deal you got there.  Good on ya! 

I saw that in the paper I had to jump in.They limit the purchases to two roasts and those were the biggest ones there.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »

Coward!

We've had this talk I don't like lamb in any way shape or form.So I had to appeal to her mother instinct about killing babies.If that was Goat chops I'm all about that.But I've never seen those in any store.

The only way I like lamb chops is grilled, otherwise I don't like the taste, myself.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »
If I had to visit a slaughterhouse I would probably be a vegetarian. I take it as evidence that it takes all different sorts to make civilization possible.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »
If I had to visit a slaughterhouse I would probably be a vegetarian. I take it as evidence that it takes all different sorts to make civilization possible.

I've been to a slaughter house and it is what it is. Having been a hunter it wasn't a shock but the smell is off putting.But if were going to eat meat something has to die and there's no getting around it.
 Filippo Mazzie