Topics > Entertainment

The "I Saw This Bit Of Music On The Net" Thread

(1/36) > >>

ToddF:
Don't ask my why.  It just works.  It really works.  Ladies & Gentlemen, I present My Paperback Sharona.

Go Home Productions: My Paperback Sharona (The Beatles vs The Knack)

Libertas:
That was weird, funny and surprisingly good.

rustybayonet:
Throw back to another generation  ::unknowncomic:: - need Naru jackets and striped bell bottoms to watch and listen to, while counting the bubbles rising in the lava lamp and hitting maryjane alot. [But who remembers if they were the "good old days", cause they certainly lead to the declines we see now  ::pullhair:: ]  If I still had one I have the urge to burn my draft card - because then I enlisted so couldn't do that --- shyt  ::oldman::

Alphabet Soup:
Very well produced - I liked it.

For the last few years my brother has kept me from turning total hermit by dragging me into the local bluegrass music scene. I think I've mentioned that we host a jam that features live band performances. This year will be the fifth year that I've produced the sound for the event.

I've also been lured back into playing. I used to play blues/rock in the SRV/Robin Trower/David Gilmour vein so the intricacies of bluegrass is a bit new to me. The songs themselves are simple enough but providing a suitable lead guitar riff has been challenging. I often find myself mashing up something from ZZ Top or Allman Bros....or The Beatles ;')

The reaction has been....interesting. There are purists (just like with practically anything) who sniff a bit or look down their nose at me - but they usually keep pretty quiet when everybody else is nodding and laughing and asking "where the heck did that come from!"

I hear the nuances and the patterns of songs and have always loved to thread them together. I also like doing the unexpected like playing a rock tune and inserting a riff from Sinatra's "Strangers in The Night" into the lead. Or "Farmer In The Dell" ;') Music should be fun and should make you feel better so I tend to tease those who get too stiff and grumpy about their music.

ToddF:
I can do bluegrass in reasonable doses.

Hell's Bells by Hayseed Dixie

:supercool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version