Author Topic: Drunken Fed employee crashed that hobby drone at the White House  (Read 836 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/us/white-house-drone.html?_r=0

"...the employee — who has not been named by the Secret Service or charged with a crime — lost control of the drone as he operated it from an apartment just blocks from the White House."

Well, of course.  First, he's a Fed, can't be outing the name of a fellow Fed!  Second, he's a Fed, can't be charging a Fed with a crime unless you really really have a good reason, like a good political reason.  Third, this guy is a Fed, and Congress says the Feds can send drones over America's sky as much as they want, so what if official direction was lacking?

Of course, if this was Jack or Jill Public and especially if white and Conservative/Tea Party/Libertarian a huge example would be made...

As it is, I bet this gets dealt with quietly and it will be like it never happened!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Drunken Fed employee crashed that hobby drone at the White House
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »
Not just the Feds; David Gregory was never charged with possession of an illegal mag on national TV.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 06:52:21 AM »
True.

Feds...Stooges of Feds (Can we call them "familiars"?)...same severely tainted gene pool!!!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:50:41 PM »
I can hear him now.

"Hold my beer and watch this!"
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson