Author Topic: Here we go again...  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Here we go again...
« on: February 01, 2015, 04:56:01 PM »
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/01/30/anoka-hennepin-schools-may-start-depression-screenings/

I am embarrassed yet not surprised this is happening in Minnestupid...but right in my back yard?  Man, I want to beat a libiot with their own arms for this atrocious outrage!

This is so not about school!  This has about as much to do with education as passing gas has with art!

This is more craddle-to-grave state intervention into human activity for one purpose only - control.  With that control comes power and money, period.  This is pure statist BS gone full-retard.  And targeting minors is double-fun for statists, they can undercut parents and indoctrinate kids at an earlier age into accepting state control over their lives.

This is sick, this is evil.  We are one step closer to yellow stars on buildings and people!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Here we go again...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »
Through three kids grown to adulthood, I've anxiously awaited notification from the schools that there is something "wrong" with them that the school would "help" us address. Not that I expected anything - I didn't. My kids were all well-adjusted, well-liked, extremely well-behaved, and academically performed well above average.

I was anxious because I don't trust the school system in general, even though all indications are that we are in a relatively conservative school district. Nightmare stories of busybodies interfering in health care, parenting, etc., are too prolific to ignore.

But those notifications never came. My oldest three all made it through without raising any of the "red flags" that might set off a chain of events leading to confrontation with the school. And had any administrator or teacher approached us with a demand that we put our child on Ritalin or psychotropic drugs, or try to force us into interfacing with the state or county, believe me, there would have been a confrontation!

I still have a little one. She's in 4th grade. So far, there has been no indication that her experience is any less acceptable than it was for my older daughter and sons. But I realize that our state; our schools; our education system in general; are all morphing rapidly.

I don't worry about her. But I definitely worry about the school. She's of Chinese heritage. Will we run into a liberal busybody who believes we are not "culturally sensitive" because we teach our child to love America, and don't enroll her in Mandarin Chinese classes, or steep her in Chinese cultural events? Not so far. But as always, I anxiously await...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Here we go again...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:02:20 PM »
This is a subterfuge to get people into "the mental health system" because that is an avenue by which to control their lives.  The anti-gun activists in particular are keen to use mental health as a wedge.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly