Author Topic: Union Strikes 9 of 65 refineries, others on 24-hour extensions  (Read 998 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Union Strikes 9 of 65 refineries, others on 24-hour extensions
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:01:45 PM »
http://www.redstate.com/2015/02/01/will-pay-price-union-strikes-9-65-refineries-others-24-hour-extensions/

The union called a strike at nine of the 65 fuel-making plants the union represents and stated the other 56 refineries are on a “rolling 24-hour extension”—meaning the union could call them out on strike at any time.

In all, the 65 plants account for nearly two-thirds of the nation’s refining capacity.

According to the union, Shell—the company leading the industry-wide bargaining—has made numerous offers to the union, all of which have been rejected.

The USW rejected Shell Oil Company’s last offer. It was the company’s fifth offer to the union. Shell is the lead company for the National Oil Bargaining talks. National negotiations focus on establishing a pattern on wages, benefits and working conditions. Local union and unit negotiations focus on local issues at the particular facility.

... The question remains, will the union and refineries settle their differences before consumers begin paying the price at the gas pump?

Crude price is down, budgets are cut, profits are down, people laid off and the union has decided "tough, we want ours anyway".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Union Strikes 9 of 65 refineries, others on 24-hour extensions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:03:29 AM »
Sounds about right.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:14:33 AM »
It is a typical move by leftists of all stripes...you see governments looking at fuel tax hikes and mileage taxes and such...they know with lower gas prices it will be easier to sneak in now and when prices inevitably rise they stand to reap even more from the sheeple.

I thought I heard a 6th offer was refused this morning.

It is batshyt insane, but it is all part of the new normal and has been for some time.  And there is no Reagan to step in and fire asses and say enough of this BS!

And I think it not a coincidence that a lot of the striking plants are in TX.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:26:02 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:28:20 AM »
Those guys make a lot of money and bennies

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 01:18:04 PM »
They cannot allow us to enjoy the few weeks of lower gas prices. 

Close enough refineries...........