Author Topic: Bob Simon  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Bob Simon
« on: February 12, 2015, 07:14:42 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-correspondent-bob-simon-1941-2015/

Do I care?

I vaguely recall his Vietnam reports and scattered others throughout the years, and in keeping with my general opinion that anybody associated with C-BS's 60 Minutes is a hack...I'm almost certain I don't care too much.

Somebody might though, and perhaps there are family members who are good and decent people who deserve condolences, so to them I offer them.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Bob Simon
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 10:14:20 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-correspondent-bob-simon-1941-2015/

Do I care?

I vaguely recall his Vietnam reports and scattered others throughout the years, and in keeping with my general opinion that anybody associated with C-BS's 60 Minutes is a hack...I'm almost certain I don't care too much.

Somebody might though, and perhaps there are family members who are good and decent people who deserve condolences, so to them I offer them.
Exactly, who cares?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 01:09:06 PM »
This needs a thread hijack

Dean Smith

Jerry Tarkanian

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 01:36:26 PM »
Smith was active in politics, often supporting Democrats and liberal candidates. He donated money to the presidential campaigns of Howard Dean and Bill Bradley and supported former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards -- a North Carolina alumnus -- in his two presidential bids before later endorsing Obama.

"Last night, America lost not just a coaching legend but a gentleman and a citizen," Obama said in a statement released later Sunday.

BOO!  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  How could Smith be sooooo stupid?!?!?! 

He makes The Shark look like a swell guy.

"The one thing I've done is I've fought them the whole way, I've never backed down," he said. "And they never stopped."

It's like two mobsters going at it...and The Shark won!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 09:28:13 AM »
Only Dean Smith could take a talent like Michael Jordan and keep him under 20 pts/game.

Had great recruiting because of the size of school but other than that...........
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »
I don't watch TV...which would naturally include 60 Minutes. The local AM station I tune into for traffic/weather was going on about Simon for 2 mornings in a row. Thursday, in the middle of shaving, I hit the 800# on my phone and called the station manager:

"Why are we going on & on about Simon?" I asked.

"Uhm...because of the controversy over whether or not he had his seat-belt on", came the reply.

"Either way, he's still dead?", I asked.

"Uhh, yes, sir."

"Then can we please move on to traffic, weather & recount the number of dead from Benghazi?"

"I will relay your message to the host, sir."

#AnotherOneBitesTheDust.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 05:31:11 PM »
I don't watch TV...which would naturally include 60 Minutes. The local AM station I tune into for traffic/weather was going on about Simon for 2 mornings in a row. Thursday, in the middle of shaving, I hit the 800# on my phone and called the station manager:

"Uhm...because of the controversy over whether or not he had his seat-belt on", came the reply.

"Uhh, yes, sir."

"Then can we please move on to traffic, weather & recount the number of dead from Benghazi?"

#AnotherOneBitesTheDust.

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »

"Uhh, yes, sir."

#AnotherOneBitesTheDust.

I guess even they get tired of talking about how great Obama is and what a Cardaeshian's butt is doing...