Author Topic: Sean Penn runs afoul of liberal orthodoxy at Oscars: Knives come out  (Read 905 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
No doubt he'll be allowed back into the fold with proper mea culpa, which will likely come in the form of profession of love for Castro, Maduro, etc, a donation to Luiz Guttierrez, along with some pablum about support for amnesty. But for now, he's on their sh*t-list.

Sean Penn's "Green Card" comment at the Oscars not well received
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Sean Penn runs afoul of liberal orthodoxy at Oscars: Knives come out
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »
Yep, ruined the whole Oscars.  And it was going so swimmingly, what with the speeches on income inequality and Doogie showing us his richard.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:37:48 PM »
So once again I missed nothing by not watching TV.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:49:18 PM »
Obviously satire is lost on liberals.....here is a guy who is as liberal as it gets, so is this crowd so stupid to think he was attempting to belittle a wetback????? I mean...Illegal???? Landscaper???? Pool Digger???? Anchor baby???? Fence jumper???? Migger???? Migga????
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 06:28:59 AM »
Poor Spicole...   ::smallestviolin::

He'll come out with some BS, blame the whiteness of himself that he loathes so much, pay adoration to Multi-Cultism yadda yadda yadda...

Frankly, all these progs can do the universe a favor and just kill themselves...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.