Author Topic: The "water crisis mongering" comes around again  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The "water crisis mongering" comes around again
« on: March 12, 2015, 06:31:44 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-11/visualizing-american-water-crisis

Seriously.  Check out the chart...read the fine print at the bottom as to where this bullsh*t comes from...

The very first one on the list?

NPR.

'Nuff said.

Fair warning - You will choke back laughter and bile at the rest of the list!

::mooning::

Oh, and 100gal/day?   ::hysterical::  I have to pick up the pace!

PS-This is more crap that gives ZH a bad rep...bad enough to be saddled with PaulBots who have more in common with Code Pink than the asverage American, but peddling this dreck?  WTF is wrong with those Tylers?!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:34:46 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: The "water crisis mongering" comes around again
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:02:30 AM »
First thing I see is that 49% of water consumption is for ....

Thermoelectric power.  If I'm not mistaken that is not consumption since the steam is released back into the environment or recirculated.  In my mind consumption is "use" that takes a considerable amount of time to be for the water to be reusable again.

Then there is the 7 billion gallons that are leaked every day, that isn't consumption, those leaked gallons go immediately back to the water table.

SMH
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The "water crisis mongering" comes around again
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 10:09:56 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-11/visualizing-american-water-crisis
Oh what I could share about State Boards and them trying to use Irrigation ditches for "aquifer recharge"-- Colorado set up a credit program similar to the Gore- Carbon credit - and now water you let seep back into the aquifer in one place will allow you take water from the aquifer in a completely different place.  As a result some towns are running sump pumps 24x7  because their water table keeps rising ( where the "recharge" takes place)  while aquifers elsewhere keep getting lower...

Hey morons, I don't think it works like that..

We are currently fighting a hostile takeover of our ditch by members who were elected to our ditch board but who also serve on a state board AND have - you guessed it - private ( as in they get paid by the state)  recharge ponds that would be served by our ditch, which itself  the State also wants to turn into a recharge facility...  but hey its okay that State boards are making backroom deals to bribe ditch board  members  in order to  take over ditch companies and saddle the shareholders with the cost of a ditch  that  they no longer control and will ultimately no longer function for them

Hey did you know that deliberately  making a ditch seep more makes it harder to get water to the headgates? Especially at the end of the line?