Author Topic: DeflateGate...seriously??  (Read 2062 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
DeflateGate...seriously??
« on: May 08, 2015, 10:42:21 PM »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: DeflateGate...seriously??
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:12:19 AM »
Much ado about nothing.

I am not a Pats/Bellichek/Brady fan.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 10:46:09 AM »
Much ado about nothing.

I am not a Pats/Bellichek/Brady fan.

Second that.

I find more sincerity in pro wrestling

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 06:58:38 AM »
This is one of the weakest allegations of cheating I have ever heard, but the Pats have had a target on them a long time, partly born of jealousy I think...being neutral to their team, coaching staff and players...I wonder if the punishement would have been lighter had they not won the Superbowl?  But the latter was a gift, courtesy of Pete Carroll (who is an ass!) and the single dumbest play call ever in Superbowl history!

I think there may be some merit in Brady's agent accusing the NFL of having an agenda, but good luck getting proof.  But in todays world proof isn't as important as appearances, so, go for it!

I think the penalty is excessive too, Brady fined $1M and suspended 4 games, team fined $2M and forefiets a #1 and #4 draft pick?  All because footballs were under inflated?  Most people probably do not realize that while an underinflated football may be easy to grip, it also makes it harder to control, you often put too much thumb on the ball and they tend to knuckle (wobble) and are not the easiest to catch and it won't be able to be chucked down field as deeply.  I think the advantages and disadvantages cancel each other out...but of course none of this is being discussed...it's all about appearances, not facts.  It's also about jealousy and envy and petty revenge, but of course that will be denied and ridiculed.

I don't really care either way, I just find it another pathetic commentary on latter day America and what busybodies rationalize as important, more so than say...having a bunch of murderers, rapists and abusers of various stripes cheered as heroes on the field and given well-paying gigs in television studios like their opinions matter a damn...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »
I purposely pissed a lot of folks off via Facebook with this. It lured them into thinking that, after the ranting & raving I [occasionally] do regarding things political, that my sense of justice had been "suspended" over a sporting incident.

Then I inserted the sword...reminding them the words in the balloon were the exact same words used by Hilary Clinton during her Benghazi questioning before Congress. After the raping, dragging, burning & savage murder of Christopher Stevens, and the purposeful ignoring of his pleas for assistance, the deflating of a few pigskins seemed rather irrelevant/insignificant.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 06:45:13 AM »
I like it when someone knows how to properly work a blade.   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.