Author Topic: Another theater shooting, this time locally  (Read 1566 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Another theater shooting, this time locally
« on: July 23, 2015, 09:32:47 PM »
http://www.katc.com/story/29621479/reports-shooting-at-the-grand-on-johnston-several-injures

Officials are warning Lafayette residents to stay clear of the areas surrounding the Grand 16 Theatre on Johnston Street following a shooting there tonight. The scene will not be clear for several hours.

Police Chief Jim Craft said the shooter is dead, though he said there is no official word yet on how many people were shot, the extent of their injuries, or how many people died in the shooting. He said the shooting was contained to one theater in the building. No one outside that theater was injured.

Sources close to the investigation say two people are dead, including the shooter. Acadian Ambulance reports that eight people were taken to the hospital.

Our Lady of Lourdes has confirmed that three people are being treated at Lourdes for injuries sustained in the shooting.

Lafayette General will not say whether people are being treated there, but he did say that ABC incorrectly reported that three people are being treated at LGMC.

Tune in to KATC for live coverage. Check back on our website and social media accounts for updates.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Another theater shooting, this time locally
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 10:18:16 PM »
Yes.   ::praying::

Another victim disarmament zone?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:06:05 AM »
Yes.   ::praying::

Another victim disarmament zone?

Yes.  The theater has signs saying all weapons prohibited, concealed or not, with permit or not.  The perp must not have seen the signs.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline robins111

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 08:08:58 AM »
I don't have all the facts, but I smell a domestic violence shooting... I may be wrong, but that's my first impression.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »
I'm sure statists are busy trying find any tenuous tea party NRA link or they'll just invent one as usual, followed by the knee-jerk progressive screeching against guns when in fact just one good person carrying could have dropped this asshole at the sound of the first shot.  It is well past time people stop obeying these stupid signs and defend themselves from any and all scum!

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their family and friends.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
I don't have all the facts, but I smell a domestic violence shooting... I may be wrong, but that's my first impression.

That was my first impression. The latest news has him as a drifter from Alabama who just got into town early July and had been staying at a local motel.

Witnesses said he was watching the movie, then calmly got up and started shooting. Police say he attempted to leave, but their fast response pushed him back into the theater where he ended his own life. We know how reliable the police are.

http://www.katc.com/story/29621479/reports-shooting-at-the-grand-on-johnston-several-injures

And naturally Bobby Jindal had to make the trip for some face time. ::facepalm::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
The MSM is trumpeting the fact that he obtained the gun legally, as did Dylan Roof.  I think you can see where this is going.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »
The MSM is trumpeting the fact that he obtained the gun legally, as did Dylan Roof.  I think you can see where this is going.

I bet it just keeps 'em up at night.

Too F'ing bad - you're about 185 million gun owners too late. Legal gun owners. Lawful gun owners. And most of them will only relinquish their guns one bullet at a time.

I have lots of bullets ;')

::evilbat::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 09:54:12 PM »
Reading MFM reports is predictably nauseating, given that they state so few facts and the facts that are known do not paint this murderer as anything other than a troubled nutball, but as usual that won't deter them from their agenda driven biases.  We all know where exactly this is going, they know no shame or remorse in executing their means to the end.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 07:31:40 AM »
He passed a background check despite the fact that he has a commitment in his past.