Author Topic: Russia takes over in Syria  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Russia takes over in Syria
« on: October 01, 2015, 12:03:23 PM »
Well, since it is official that Russia has taken over calling the shots in Syria by bitch-slapping Barry I guess we can close off the old thread on the US/EU led fiasco and monitor things going forward with Vlad the Nation Inhaler and his merry band of usual suspects - Iran, Hezbollah, etc.

Yeah.  Best thing to do is to run out of this area as fast as you can and watch these morons eff it up.  Let their boys go home in body bags...or ziplocks or urns...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Russia takes over in Syria
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 02:03:48 PM »
It's not just a matter of ducking out of "their" fight; there are larger geo-political elements to consider.  This development does not bode well for us, as we, the country, not "we, the gummint".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 07:06:28 AM »
Oh yeah, not the least of which is Israel and her future survival, but the Dear Leader already doesn't care about that and is actively undermining the only ally we ever had in the entire region.  And I do not count the Saudi's or the rest of the temporarily oil rich Gulf states, they are temporary/limited use allies...once their wells go dry that relationship is dead, besides most of them would be natural enemies if nature took a true course.  And I don't count Turkey, who under that lunatic Erdogan wants to become another Iran or Syria without the backward economy or being a Russian vassal.  And if Syria becomes nothing but another Russian province in all but name, then any place in the area can suffer the same fate...just like anybody in the Ukraine region can be at risk of being annexed.  How equipped is Romania or Hungary to resist an incursion?

If history shows anything it shows leadership vacuums of this scale don't just vaporize into nothing...those with the appetite come rushing in.

I would expect China and possibly the Norks to start getting more aggressive too, the ChiComs are busy with infrastructure expansion projects along with their military expansion efforts, sooner rather than later they will look to exercise them.

But one cannot say Obama isn't executing his vision perfectly...he wanted to reduce America's influence in the world and he is succeeding beyond comprehension.

Things are going to get much much worse.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »
Probably rather obvious to us...but for run of the mill folk probably brand spanking new...

Show it to a ZeroHedger and is PaulBotian brain might pop!

http://blog.ushanka.us/2015/10/russias-goal-in-syria.html

I knew the breakeven's were high for many of these nations...and Venezuela's makes sense given the turmoil they now have...something Russia could be experiencing soon if they don't scare that price up higher...between the oil price collapse and things bogging down in Ukraine they have to be feeling the pinch...

Chances are they'll be expanding their military operations to both acquire new lands and vassals as well as to scare that price up some more...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
All of this is a direct consequence of The Won instigating his "Arab Spring" throughout the region.  The rapid removal of troops from Iraq has also left that country cozying up with Russia and Iran in hopes of help against ISIS.

Him and his Midas touch....

eta:

"Iraq may request Russian air strikes against Islamic State on its soil soon and wants Moscow to have a bigger role than the United States in the war against the militant group, the head of parliament's defense and security committee said on Wednesday.

“In the upcoming few days or weeks, I think Iraq will be forced to ask Russia to launch air strikes, and that depends on their success in Syria," Hakim al-Zamili, a leading Shi'ite politician, told Reuters in an interview.

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has said he would welcome Russian air strikes on Islamic State militants in Iraq and powerful Iranian-backed Shi'ite militias hope for a partnership with Russia to counter U.S. influence.

"We are seeking to see Russia have a bigger role in Iraq. ... Yes, definitely a bigger role than the Americans," Zamili said."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/07/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-russia-idUSKCN0S112120151007
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:43:48 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 11:45:21 AM »
...because Obama doesn't want to kill what he created...

::unknowncomic::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 01:10:50 PM »
B Hussein O's idea of help...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-12/us-paradrops-50-tons-ammo-syrian-rebels

...but helping who?

A case where "Close enough for government work" actually works for the Obama Regime and DAESH...

::unknowncomic::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »
Does anyone really think there's any real difference between "the Syrian rebels" and ISIS?  If there is any difference, it's more of a "we are loyal to this warlord, not that warlord" thing.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 06:53:40 AM »
Oh, hey...you picking on tribalism?  That is so anti-pc/diversity/multi-culti...you could be called mean and racist if you persist going down that line.

/

Please, continue.   :D

And no, no difference.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »
Now Cuba is joining their Russian ally and sending troops, advisers, and equipment to Syria to aid the Assad government.  Is this not just classic Obama foreign policy?  He makes a big deal a few months ago out of normalizing diplomatic relations with Cuba, and now they go and fight against Obama's proxies in Syria.  It's LOL-worthy.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239076

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 07:11:19 AM »
It's almost like Obama's strategy is to think up the worst possible thing to do and then go do it...

But that's giving him way too much credit...I think thinking has nothing to do with it...I think this level of mendacious stupidity comes naturally to him.

He has a view of the world that simply does not exist nor will ever exist...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 10:16:37 AM »
I am convinced he believes he can speak reality into existence.  Any and all who do not comply, he dismisses it/them by saying they're on the 'wrong side of history'.  Can be read as 'HIS story'.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 11:36:30 AM »
I am convinced he believes he can speak reality into existence.  Any and all who do not comply, he dismisses it/them by saying they're on the 'wrong side of history'.  Can be read as 'HIS story'.

This is a perfect description.  "Speak reality into existence" -- I like it.  He's the Humpty Dumpty president, his words need not have any correspondence with reality.  It's also worth reminding ourselves at this point, that we were all told back in 2008 that Obama represented the return of "smart diplomacy" and we would see the fruit of "smart power" as America regained its respect in the world.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »
So...we have been correct from the start...he is psychotic!

Great, swell...and we have what, 15 1/2 more months (minimum) of this asshole?!

::pullhair::

Dear SMOD,

WTF you waiting for?!?!?!

::cussing::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »
Yep.  And we've confirmation/validation from "a senior EU diplomat" regarding his mental issues.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »
Yep.  And we've confirmation/validation from "a senior EU diplomat" regarding his mental issues.

I can guarantee you it is one of the former Soviet Bloc nations like the Czech Republic or Hungary that this official is from, the long-time Western nations don't have the balls to say anything like that, plus they are as beholden to pc/diversity/multi-culti bullying as we are, so forget it being anybody else but a nation who knows what suffering under psychotic people is really like!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 12:06:02 PM »
Re: downed Soviet, er Russian plane...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/238359-isis-takes-credit-for-downing-russian-passenger-plane-that-killed-224/

This comment nails it for me - "I hope the Russians don't find parts from shoulder fired stingers Clinton lost track of in Libya."

Yeah, I hope Vlad takes that into consideration regarding any retaliation.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 03:01:25 PM »
From what I understand, the plane was at 36,000 feet which would put it outside the range of shoulder fired missiles.  If it was a deliberate attack, I would expect something onboard, like the Pan Am flight.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
Definitely not shoulder fired, to get at that altitude it would have to be a AA missile battery, just like in the Ukraine event the SA-11, SA-17 & SA-21 can reach those altitudes...and in this part of the world the Russians always sold heavily...plus for terrorists it is probably easier for them to get this kind of system than it is to order up descent take out.