Author Topic: where the F is winter?  (Read 9712 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
where the F is winter?
« on: December 15, 2015, 09:21:53 PM »
I am beyond sick of this bizarre December.  It has been 75 degrees the entire month.  The Christmas forecast is nearly 80 degrees.  This is just freakish weather, and I do not like it.

Where the hell is the cold air?  At this point it looks like there is literally going to be no winter at all.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: where the F is winter?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 09:39:18 PM »
I am beyond sick of this bizarre December.  It has been 75 degrees the entire month.  The Christmas forecast is nearly 80 degrees.  This is just freakish weather, and I do not like it.

Where the hell is the cold air?  At this point it looks like there is literally going to be no winter at all.

HA! I took your winter. Its MINE. ALL MINE.  You can't have it back.
We broke records for snowfall today. Its hard to say how much because some areas are bare and others are 3 foot drifts.  Maybe a foot?  Yaks don't seem to care. Broke up the ice on the waterers and waded out to get more firewood and throw them a bail of hay.  I had one chicken go rogue and was cowering over by abandoned COOP attempt #1 in the snow. Took her back to the hoop house with the others  and told her not to wander in blizzards. Stupid thing. Trying to freeze to death .

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 10:12:13 PM »
It's been relatively mild in MN too. Last year it was arctic blast from mid-November on. This year, we had one snow a couple weeks ago that mostly melted, and it's been in the 30s and 40s since. We are supposed to be cooling down later this week though.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 10:13:46 PM »

Glowball warmink!  El nino!

Good grief, G; we've been here 21 years and never have gotten winter -- if we get it -- until January.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 06:43:14 AM »
I am not complaining one bit.

I'll take a white Christmas...I'll even take whatever the Arctic than throw at us temperature wise...as long as I don't have white stuff fouling up my commute...I am just not going to complain.

:D

As to the question...I dunno, the Grinch took it!   ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 07:56:41 AM »
A biga** storm in the middle of the country, pushing warm air up in the east, and cold air down in the west. 

If this is my last real winter for awhile, I'm just fine with it being delayed.  I see it as bonus fall.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 08:10:56 AM »

HA! I took your winter. Its MINE. ALL MINE.  You can't have it back.
We broke records for snowfall today. Its hard to say how much because some areas are bare and others are 3 foot drifts.  Maybe a foot?  Yaks don't seem to care. Broke up the ice on the waterers and waded out to get more firewood and throw them a bail of hay.  I had one chicken go rogue and was cowering over by abandoned COOP attempt #1 in the snow. Took her back to the hoop house with the others  and told her not to wander in blizzards. Stupid thing. Trying to freeze to death .

I don't blame your bird for freaking out...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/12/15/biggest-storm-this-season-breaks-daily-snowfall-record-in-denver/

...give the bird a break, man!   ;D

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 08:58:15 AM »
Minus teens in Northern Arizona, this morning.  Winter is in America.  Just not this far east.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »

Glowball warmink!  El nino!

Good grief, G; we've been here 21 years and never have gotten winter -- if we get it -- until January.

It's true that we don't exactly have severe winters in NC, not by a long stretch, but this is extreme even for here.  Even NYC is supposed to be in the mid 60s on Christmas day.

I can remember some mild Christmases, but I don't think I can ever remember it pushing 80 degrees.  I'll be in the mountains, and it's going to be 60 even there.  Normally the winters there are more like the Great Lakes region due to the high elevation.

Perhaps it's merely my nature to rage against things I have no control over  ::viking::

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
It can stay like this until March and then get nice

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 08:26:25 PM »
I don't care for the cold weather...so as long as it wants to stay relatively warm here in Tennessee is good by me. I fish all year, so id rather be warm.

Sidenote. Bought a pair of the battery powered insoles for boots, keep the feet nice and toasty.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 09:57:39 AM »
I simply cannot feel festive about 75 degrees on Christmas Day.  There's no Christmas this year AFAIAC.  At this point it doesn't look like there's going to be a winter at all.  I've never seen such a rigid weather pattern in late December.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 10:43:30 AM »
It beginning to sound as if there are converts to global warming....lol

Our weather in Tennessee has been slightly warmer than usual but we normally have moderate Decembers. It's gonna rain here for days. We will have our 3 weeks of cold and then spring.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
It's the sun I tell ya!

One day we will return to Hoth-like weather.

Patient you must be, relax you much!

;D

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 07:58:00 AM »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 10:14:42 PM »
It beginning to sound as if there are converts to global warming....lol

Our weather in Tennessee has been slightly warmer than usual but we normally have moderate Decembers. It's gonna rain here for days. We will have our 3 weeks of cold and then spring.

LOL, nah.  It's no global warming. In fact I read an article today where NASA is complaining that the aerosols from burning fossil fuels causes cooling.  Pretty soon they'll just drop all pretense and stick a gun in our faces and demand your property and liberty, "or else."

But I am trying to remember a time when we simply had no cold air at all, this late into December.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 07:42:18 AM »
It's just the East Coast though.

Y'all got that Gulf Stream thing...what is that sucker up to, eh?

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
It's up to the 60s here, north of Pittsburgh.
And balmy for most of the next 10 days.

A day closer to spring!

::danceban::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 10:44:32 AM »
It's up to the 60s here, north of Pittsburgh.
And balmy for most of the next 10 days.

A day closer to spring!

::danceban::
Damn, that's warm weather for north of Tittsburgh.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
Not unheard of but I'll take as much of it as He wants to give me