Topics > Politics/Legislation/Elections

Time for Glenn Beck to go far far away!

(1/14) > >>

Libertas:
What an embarrassing jackass!

Beck said that he, like many Mormons, believes in a prophecy that the Constitution will hang by a thread in the last days. He said he believes that now is that time, and people like Lee and Cruz will save it.

He also said the Book of Mormon was created as a guide on how to protect freedom in our day. At the Provo rally, many responded yelling, "I believe."

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3676633-155/ted-cruz-launches-multi-tasking-three-stop-utah

Wow, that's a heck of a prophecy there.

Wait...uhh...your guy is losing and unless ya'll tag-team things at the convention and nullify the primary results...looks like your mystical guidebook led down a dead end, eh?

And hey, if Mike Lee wanted to protect freedom...he could have tried harder on that score...and I do believe one of the Soros electronic voting machines is set up in Utah, so I'm sure that is going to work miracles for freedom...

And Ted, he could have told his honey-bunch to work for somebody else other than the Vampire Squid and cut the Establishment CFR ties, maybe defend folks back home on their ranches and border properties that are under constant assault, etc etc...

Yeah, champions and white horses...about as real as unicorns!

And Beck needs to shut up, seriously...he is really off his bean!

PS-Why didn't Ted denounce this?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politics/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-ted-cruz-poison-or-shot/

Hell of an endorsement.

Alphabet Soup:
I'm not embarrassed to say that I was once a Beck fan. Once upon a time he had strong arguments, made a load of sense, and produced an entertaining show. I was often off-put by his fractured sense of history (he quite often got the facts intertwined and muddled) but I cut him slack.

At a point in time I realized that the reel was almost played out. Around the time when he left Fox he left reality as well. I simply couldn't give him any more than I had in good faith. And that's not speaking of all sordid drama queen in him.

"That's crazy talk!"

Everybody leans toward a bit of hyperbolic or exaggeration once in a while - I know that I do. But when it gets to the point where saying something sane is the exception and not the norm you know that there's a problem. I don't know if Beck is certifiable but if not he's damned close.

Pity.

Libertas:
He had promise as an educator for those with some sense left that could still be reached...

I don't know if he fell off the wagon, found a weird new wagon or needs an old wagon...but something happened and it wasn't good...

Glock32:

--- Quote from: Alphabet Soup on March 21, 2016, 08:43:13 AM ---I'm not embarrassed to say that I was once a Beck fan. Once upon a time he had strong arguments, made a load of sense, and produced an entertaining show. I was often off-put by his fractured sense of history (he quite often got the facts intertwined and muddled) but I cut him slack.

At a point in time I realized that the reel was almost played out. Around the time when he left Fox he left reality as well. I simply couldn't give him any more than I had in good faith. And that's not speaking of all sordid drama queen in him.

"That's crazy talk!"

Everybody leans toward a bit of hyperbolic or exaggeration once in a while - I know that I do. But when it gets to the point where saying something sane is the exception and not the norm you know that there's a problem. I don't know if Beck is certifiable but if not he's damned close.

Pity.

--- End quote ---

Same here.  I used to count myself a fan during the peak popularity of his show on Fox News.  But something started to bug me about him and that was his sort of ostentatious self-taught philosophizing.  Andrew Breitbart called him out on that as well, referring to him as a self-assured autodidact.  I have nothing at all against people who learn on their own, but Beck frequently demonstrated his Cliff Notes grasp of subjects while acting like he was now in the same league as genuine experts on those subjects.  I don't know, I just found myself feeling a sense of vicarious embarrassment.

I think he's a narcissist, and still has elements of the addictive personality -- now sublimated into Mormonism and his Gandhi Complex.  He lost me when he chucked Breitbart under the bus.  By the time he left Fox News I think he'd quite literally lost his mind as well.  Now he's just that weepy, Teddy-Bears-for-Illegal-Invader-Sprogs guy to me.

Libertas:
Well I knew somebody would articulate and enumerate the fall of Beck, good job G.  And good use of imagery, that "weepy" stuff (what 'Soup referred to as "sordid drama queen") and the narcissist Ghandi thing really nail it for me.

And what that bloated ego of his will not admit is all the compromises he has had to make in making the choices he has made...so he can take that holier-than-thou schtick and shove it up his arse!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version