Author Topic: My Rep - Trying to do the right thing: Uphold "Due Process" for NCIS Glitches  (Read 985 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republican-lawmaker-taking-on-the-fbi-to-protect-your-gun-rights/article/2589978

::cussing:: sucking FBI!  What a bunch of lazy goons!  Yeah, it's just 2nd Amendment rights, nothing important...but I bet if a cross-dressing fag of Latino heritage was being denied a wedding cake these f**kers would roll in with tanks and night vision goggles and armed to the teeth and investigate the sh*t out of that massive assault on rights, eh?

::doublebird::

I call this one the IRS Standard - Prove I am wrong, bitches!  I will bury you!

Bastards.  It's not that they can't investigate, they don't fricken want to!  That's why they won't even tell Congress squat!  It's better to say nothing and obstruck than to admit the obvious!  That right there ought to tell people the system is FUBAR!  Expecting FBI goons and DemonRats to GAFF?  Yeah, right.  They won't care until the ultimate purpose of the 2nd Amendment is put into high gear!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
If something can be denied to you by government, it is not a right, it is a privilege.

We have no rights at all, according to this government. There is nothing it deems above its authority to deny.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
We also have no check on that authority they arrogated to themselves.  What are you going to do, vote out the heads of the IRS, FBI, ATF, and the dozens of other alphabet soup agencies?  The unelected bureaucracy, the administrative state, has all the real power.  And they are permanent.  That's why they give a middle finger even to Congress.  They know Reps and Senators come and go, Presidents come and go, but bureaucrats are there forever.

After the next civil war, and the inevitable purging of tens of millions, among the primary goals is to drive a stake through the heart of this idea of "delegated authority."  Bureaucratic agencies should not have the power to promulgate edicts with all the same force as a law enacted by elected representatives.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Amen!  I distilled that nefarious practice into my "IRS Standard" quip, there should NOT EVER be a permanent bureaucracy class in any system that trumpets Liberty as its guiding principle!

Time to rally around one standard!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
To the extent that an administrative bureaucracy is even necessary, appointment to upper levels of management should be subject to the same sort of term limits as elected offices.

They should never be allowed to develop entrenched "culture" and that could be largely achieved by making it a revolving door at the top.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly