Author Topic: Did Don go after another drone?  (Read 929 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Did Don go after another drone?
« on: May 27, 2016, 07:31:14 AM »
http://wkrn.com/2016/05/26/father-son-caught-by-surprise-as-drone-shot-out-of-the-sky/

People in Tennessee not liking drones overhead.

I can respect that.

Fricken statist boilerplate dreck - “It’s a federal offense to shoot down an aircraft and the FAA has deemed the drone an aircraft,”

::mooning::

And this lecturing on being a proper bed-wetting serf - “[It] puts that drone in a very dangerous predicament,” Brock said. “There is no telling where it can fall. If it falls into an oncoming car and causes a major accident or mass casualties the question is who is responsible.”

Gosh...I dunno, the operator? 

Government drone - “What hasn’t happened yet is a court case directly applying aircraft laws to drones in these particular incidences,”

Yeah...and I am guessing they don't want to unless they can control the outcome.

I think the prudent course of action is for citizens to work it out between themselves...effing government should have no role...though it always insists on sticking its stuff in other people's business...and the human drones go on thinking they are free...

WTF is wrong with people?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Did Don go after another drone?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 11:52:31 AM »
The "you can't shoot down aircraft" argument seems to be taking the determinative lead here. I had fooled with the notion of patenting a shell that would fire an expanding net that would incapacitate the props without destroying the drone itself, but abandoned the effort.

Now I'm leaning toward the idea of drone-killer drones. One specifically outfitted to do offensive combat against other intruding drones. Probably an equally bad idea but I got a chuckle out of it.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:31:23 PM »
Yea....they chose not to identify me....lololol

Both of these 'drone" shootings are close to me. I don't see them as aircraft and if I had family in the yard, especially little children, some "drone" hovers over me in which I do not know the expertise of who is flying it or for what purpose it's there....well.....

I'd find another avenue to bring it down. Not sure I want to fire shots in a neighborhood but some rookie drone operator could also hurt someone.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »
Polish cannon, slingshot, ...there are lots of options and I wouldn't rule any out.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.