Author Topic: Nehlen vs Ryan  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Nehlen vs Ryan
« on: July 20, 2016, 07:32:12 AM »
I like Walker, but that still isn't enough for me to look the other way at Ryan's selling out to the Ruling Class E-GOP a-holes dominating the GOP!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/19/scott-walker-paul-ryan-nehlen/

I will be encouraging my Wisconsin friends to upset the rotten apple cart!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Nehlen vs Ryan
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 08:09:32 AM »
Heh, this is getting interesting...not sure if Nehlen can pull off the upset in the primary...and this may be too little too late...

"August 9," the date of the GOP primary, "will be Wisconsin's Independence Day," Nehlen said, echoing the successful Brexit slogan.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/07/29/paul_nehlen_paul_ryan_will_thwart_president_trump_at_every_opportunity.html

An immigration watchdog group hopes to repeat the successful campaign that helped unseat Eric Cantor in 2014 by launching a similar ad targeting House Speaker Paul Ryan, highlighting his support for President Obama’s executive amnesty decrees, sanctuary cities for illegals and Syrian refugee resettlement programs.

The ad by Americans for Legal Immigration PAC hammers “Lyin Paul Ryan” for his leading role in negotiating a $1.1 trillion omnibus bill that fully funded Obama’s amnesty plans, sanctuary cities, and expanded refugee program.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/new-ad-campaign-pins-paul-ryan-as-pro-muslim-refugee/#jGRitD76Cth7i77o.99

I can't say Ryan doesn't deserve the criticism...he sold his soul to the Establishment Pubbies...hope Nehlen can pull off the upset...but incumbents are hard to beat, especially when they have the Establishment's resources...but still, as the Cantor case and other upsets have shown...if the resentment is strong enough in the electorate no amount of money are chicanery or criminality can save a doomed candidate.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
Word is he's not getting the help from other conservatives as Dave Brat did, unsure why not.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »
And Brat IIRC wasn't hiding Tea Party support...it was in the open...as was the legion of leading conservatives cheering him on.

I wonder how much of it with Nehlen is businessman who can fund his own campaign if he wants to play Trump vs Ryan and the usual timidity of sticking a neck out?  Do people really think Ryan will "come around" or play nice with Trump as POTUS?

I am missing something...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 01:18:41 PM »
I get the sense that he is going to come up short, but he has made a yeoman effort and has both my support and my admiration. I wonder what would have happened if he had gotten financial support from, say, a certain pubbie presidential candidate?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 07:01:27 AM »
Yeah that's a tough call though 'Soup, Team Clinton (aka team Laundered Money) basically has unlimited funding and the MFM and Hollyweirdo's behind them...as well as legions of cheats, frauds, cadavers and criminals.  Trump is going to need every bullet and make sure every bullet hits the mark.  And there is probably more than a few like Nehlen out there who could use support, it's just that we're focusing on this race because of it's high profile.  And this is where the perfidy of the E-GOP and the stupidity of the so-called Conservative donor base infuriates me so!  The E-GOP through the RNC, NRSC & NRCC dole out the money given to them to those candidates who will best toe the Establishment line.  And donors who dare call themselves Conservatives giving one cent to these fools or to their candidates directly are cowardly gutless scum.  The system is broken up down and all-around.

ETA - Well, this might help explain why other support might have been scared off...more sellouts supporting puppets who do their bidding and tell the rest of us to eff off.  Well, that eff off thing works both ways...and the way of the Establishment is to imminent ruin...let's see how proud they are after SHTF...but of course they think they can just jet to some safe haven somewhere...but they may escape for a time, not forever...

Meanwhile, more master's of the universe come bearing sacks of cash for Team Evil.

Up, down...all-around...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:24:48 AM by Libertas »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 03:07:37 PM »
I know what you're saying about the down-ticket vote. In my case there's only one - maybe two pubbies that I have any enthusiasm for. A bunch of the rest will get my partisan vote, but there are easily two dozen turncoats who will only see the back of my hand.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 07:01:19 AM »
My Rep is Tom Emmer and he's a good guy...if he has any faults it is from being too nice a guy, but he's solid and really nobody else on the ticket this year at the state and local level interest me.  Our primary is next Tuesday and other than Emmer I see nothing else worth bothering with.  In the general there are a few good conservatives left around the country I'll kick some contributions to, other than that seeing Hitlery get beaten into the dirt is about the only thrill left to see.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 08:34:59 AM »
Aaaaannnnnd...it's over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/09/paul-ryan-weathers-his-primary-but-gops-populist-storm-still-rages/

Maybe people in WI can vote for the Dem...after all at this point what difference does it make?   ::whatgives::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »
Aaaaannnnnd...it's over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/09/paul-ryan-weathers-his-primary-but-gops-populist-storm-still-rages/

Maybe people in WI can vote for the Dem...after all at this point what difference does it make?   ::whatgives::

I truly do wonder. Have I drifted too far afield? Is it me that is in error here and not ryan - and those who supported him?

All I can say is that, after years of being treated to "my way or the highway" I've taken them at their word......and hit the road. I no longer care if ryan wins or loses - but I acknowledge that when he wins we ALL lose.

I believe this to be a watershed election. The party - and indeed the nation is at a crossroads. The way I see it there are two factions: the "status-quo" bunch and the spoilers. The status-quo bunch feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel that they can continue to dance on the head of an economic pin forever and that they will cheat fate and the laws of physics. The status-quo'ers belong to both of the national parties.

The spoilers see that as a catastrophe waiting to happen and want to change course before it's too late. Spoilers are almost exclusively right-wingers (although there are some libertarians). EVERY left-winger believes that money grows on trees and unicorns shyt multi-colored skittles out of their arses. They feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel that the party will never end and that they will never be called upon to pay their bills.

Idiots like ryan enable left-wingers to continue this delusion and I will never support a klown like him.

EVER.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 01:58:05 PM »
Aaaaannnnnd...it's over.

I truly do wonder. Have I drifted too far afield? Is it me that is in error here and not ryan - and those who supported him?

All I can say is that, after years of being treated to "my way or the highway" I've taken them at their word......and hit the road. I no longer care if ryan wins or loses - but I acknowledge that when he wins we ALL lose.

I believe this to be a watershed election. The party - and indeed the nation is at a crossroads. The way I see it there are two factions: the "status-quo" bunch and the spoilers. The status-quo bunch feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel that they can continue to dance on the head of an economic pin forever and that they will cheat fate and the laws of physics. The status-quo'ers belong to both of the national parties.

The spoilers see that as a catastrophe waiting to happen and want to change course before it's too late. Spoilers are almost exclusively right-wingers (although there are some libertarians). EVERY left-winger believes that money grows on trees and unicorns shyt multi-colored skittles out of their arses. They feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel that the party will never end and that they will never be called upon to pay their bills.

Idiots like ryan enable left-wingers to continue this delusion and I will never support a klown like him.

EVER.

Sums up where I am at.

But I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it will be a hard slog uphill in a blizzard with poor clothing to convince my compatriots in WI to see it that way...heck, I bet it is impossible to convince my folks!  But my folks have the excuse of being old and thinking (incorrectly) there is a spit of difference between the parties on matters that affect us the most.  I flat out told my father this week he and my mother are the lucky ones...they won't be around to see the America they merely saw slipping away turn into instant shyt and disappear...but the rest of us will.

I tell ya, on that day...people better be running fast from folks like me...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
I honestly don't know where my folks would stand. My dad was a pretty reliable Republican but he loved FDR for some damned reason. He was a "vote the party" kinda guy but what do you do when you have to fight the party? It would have been next to impossible to sway him away from a ryan vote I'm afraid.

My mom would join my brothers and I in political debates. She could reason her way around the nuances of non-partisan races (for example). I'm confident that she would be an enthusiastic Trump - and Nehlen supporter.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 07:24:17 AM »
More proof, not that we need it, that Ryan is an E-GOP jackass!

The unnamed factory worker, identified by the Associated Press as a registered republican, confronted the Speaker during the question and answer portion of Ryan’s tour of the facility.

"For eight horrible years, I heard: 'We don't have control of the House. We don't have the Senate. We don't have the presidency.' Okay? And: 'When we get in we have a plan and we're going to change stuff.' I'll tell you what, you're in there now and all I see is infighting. It is very dysfunctional,” the worker told Ryan.

The Speaker agreed with the disgruntled voter, saying he feels his “frustration” and that the republicans “have got to get it done” or the country would “continue down a bad path.”

“I can make sure that the House delivers. I don’t run the Senate, I run the House,” he added.

http://www.hannity.com/content/2017-08-03-watch-angry-gop-factory-worker-calls-out-paul-ryan-to-his-face/

What a c*******er!  Outright lie on the former...WTF has he and his leadership cadre delivered?  And the latter is typical inside-the-beltway establishment BS, just blame the other c*******er even if they are supposed to be on your same f**king team!

God, I despise cowards!  The GOP cannot die fast enough!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 07:49:30 PM »
That's all they can do is talk.  And go ahead, say the word.

Cuck.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 11:54:17 AM »
In the final analysis it all comes down to Republican vs. Conservative

Bill Whittle speaks on this growing fracture here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XU2x92X-4s

The leverage the pubbies have and exercise is "you can't win without us" - their votes are necessary to electing conservatives. Only it isn't working out that way. Trump's election win was an aberration. For the most part pubbies only support pubbies. The have no desire to build a better team. They have zero desire to winnow out the losers.

I had an exchange with one of these pubbies earlier. He tossed that meme out like a Molotov cocktail. I reminded him that we (conservatives) aren't the enemy - something in the ratcheted rhetoric had somehow gotten obscured.

After a few back n forths where he demonstrated that he was hidebound to his position I decided to become equally obstinate.

"For years I have considered myself to be a "Reliable Republican" whose vote could be count upon. That has ended. Now you have to earn my vote. Starting with the last election only those I have determined worthy have received my vote. No more 'vote the ticket' for me."

His response was a sneering "That's how Democrats get elected!" and embarked on a convoluted, circular logic that implies that voting for one thing guarantees that you'll get something else, or something insult insult insult"

I bid him a good day and reminded him that there were more of us than there are of him. And growing in both numbers and determination...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »
Who is technically in charge of the Senate right now?  The Republicans, yes?  Well, these supposed "on our team" players did leave for vacation, but DID assign a few to convene every three-or-so days so the Senate cannot be declared "in recess", effectively cutting Trump off from the option of recess appointments.

How ya like "our team" now? I'd like to ask that numbnuts you spoke to, 'Soup.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 03:49:26 PM »
I'm gearing up to meet up with a whole passel of them next week Pan. They're holding their annual District Republican BBQ and my brother and I intend to be there - and to, er, commune among the natives LOL.

I hope to make many very uncomfortable.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 11:15:02 AM »
I hope to make many very uncomfortable.

Now THAT is a worthy objective.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 07:34:06 PM »
Making idiots uncomfortable...sounds like my mission statement.  :D

Go forth and give the word to the heathen!   ::thumbsup::