Author Topic: ATF Deputy Director Thomas Brandon Demands a Fed Gun Registry!  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://weaponsman.com/?p=33852

But why demand what you can just illegally do without any pushback?

A government report discovered the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) illegally stockpiles gun owners’ personal information.

One of the data-collecting systems called Multiple Sales (MS) requires that multiple firearms purchased at once must be reported to ATF by the federal firearms licensee (FFL). ATF policy requires that the bureau internally removes particular data from multiple gun sales reports after two years if the firearm has not been traced to criminal activity. GAO found that ATF does not adhere to its own policy.

Another system called Access 2000, or A2K, establishes servers to be used by National Tracing Center (NTC) personnel. The NTC can electronically search FFLs’ records for certain information needed to track the history of a firearm.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/02/the-atf-is-illegally-hoarding-american-gun-owners-personal-information/

http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/678091.pdf

I don't believe a goddamned word any Statist Prog infested Fedcoat agency says!

I guarantee you they are still breaking the law with impunity!!!

Why should We the People obey them in anything?!?!?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: ATF Deputy Director Thomas Brandon Demands a Fed Gun Registry!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 12:23:20 PM »
It would be wise to assume that the federal government knows the owner of every firearm purchased legally.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 12:50:27 PM »
It would be wise to assume that the federal government knows the owner of every firearm purchased legally.

I purchased all but one of my firearms through private sale. Cash only. No records.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »
Not me....I've never owned a gun. I don't have any. Do you hear me?!??!! Guns are evil and vile. No need to check me. ::mooning:: ::effu::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 06:58:38 AM »
Just say you donated them all to BLM, because well like it is the non-racist thing to do...Obama made me do it and AG Lynch is pals with them too, so it has to be Okie Dokie, right?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.