Author Topic: Climate Change Grand Kleegle Favors No Data Needed Over Fraudulent Data Required  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Leading climate doomsayer Michael Mann recently downplayed the importance of climate change science, telling Democrats that data and models “increasingly are unnecessary” because the impact is obvious.
“Fundamentally, I’m a climate scientist and have spent much of my career with my head buried in climate-model output and observational climate data trying to tease out the signal of human-caused climate change,” Mr. Mann told the Democratic Platform Drafting Committee at a hearing.
“What is disconcerting to me and so many of my colleagues is that these tools that we’ve spent years developing increasingly are unnecessary because we can see climate change, the impacts of climate change, now, playing out in real time, on our television screens, in the 24-hour news cycle,” he said.
Mr. Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State University, spoke before the committee June 17 in Phoenix.
His comment drew hoots from climate skeptics, including the website Greenie Watch, which posted his comment under the headline, “‘Scientist’ Michael Mann says there is no need for statistics: You can just SEE global warming.”
“Unsurprising. The statistics are pretty doleful for Warmism,” the site said in a Monday post.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/27/michael-mann-climate-scientist-data-increasingly-u/

::hysterical::

Wow.  Pedophile state must be so thrilled, no data needed?!  Hey, no study or achievement needed either, diploma's for everybody!  Woo hoo!   ::whoohoo::

::laughonfloor::

Dear Lord, who but a brain-dead bastard buys anything these morons peddle?!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
It is disconcerting how the Left just plows forward with the Global Warming agenda, pretending that there is nothing contradicting their claims; pretending that they haven't been busted fabricating evidence. They know that enough people are buying their bullsh*t that it doesn't matter what the facts say. They created a wedge to use as a justification for the entire Leftist global agenda, and its effectiveness doesn't depend on facts. It's all out in the open, and it's still working for them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
The "Big Lie", repeat it often enough people get numb to it.

They cynically foster that environment and exploit it for their power-hungry schemes time and time again...

But people are starting to look behind the curtain...statists aren't going to be able to count on business as usual much longer...both their rhetoric and the systems they've corrupted are collapsing in on themselves...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Empirical data always trumps models, inferences, and estimations.  What's galling is that they accuse the skeptics of being the scientifically illiterate ones.  AGW is a perfect example of hyperbole, emotion, and Group Think trying to steamroll caution and skepticism.

This is also a perfect example of the Leftist tactic of denying they are doing something, and then suddenly not only acknowledging that they were in fact doing the thing, but that we're now "past the point where it's relevant."  In other words, "what difference, at this point, does it matter?"

They are absolutely shameless.  They cannot be shamed or embarrassed out of their ways.  What's frustrating is that "our" side has until very recently demonstrated a total lack of understanding of how the other side operates, and how to deal with them.  For all his faults, Trump demonstrates the way you have to deal with the Left.  The first step is to stop giving them this unearned benefit of the doubt.  They are not honest brokers, they are dissembling snakes and should be called on it immediately.

I just hope the decades of George Will republicanism haven't given the enemy an insurmountable advantage.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Hopefully Trump nominate a full slate of cabinet nominees that make pivot heads explode in unison.  People who will shrink and eliminate agencies and departments and drive libiots to reveal their thinly hidden ugliness. Ted Nugent's for justice, lots to clean up and flush there.  An anti-climate cultist as czar without portfolio to end NASA and NOAA cult activities, end the EPA, etc.