Author Topic: A.C. comments on the political scene  (Read 2780 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
A.C. comments on the political scene
« on: August 16, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »
https://adaptivecurmudgeon.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/thoughs-on-z-blogs-on-being-revolting-in-the-modern-age/

Reproduced almost in entirety because I couldn't find a place to end the quote.

My big observation of the “Hillary’s private server with State secrets affair” wasn’t about the press. It was about the people; or rather roughly half of the people. A moment passed that felt colder and more unsettling than the usual “they’ve f**ked us again” situation.

Think about it like this; the FBI infuriated half the electorate and that half… did nothing. Yet it wasn’t a moment of defeat. It wasn’t a wail of despair, not gloom, not anger, not resignation, not desperation. It was a subdued tone of quiet finality. An acceptance that corruption is so deep that no one, nobody at all, can pretend otherwise.

We all know it. Jerks with badges will shut down a child’s lemonade stand, convict your car of a crime, demand a license for your dog, zone your house into oblivion for a salamander, and invade nations you’ve never heard of… but everyone everywhere knows that mishandling State secrets will put anyone in the clink. Or at least it formerly would.

The FBI just demonstrated they’re afraid to enforce the law when Hillary is involved. They did it in front of God. They did it on live TV. Like the moon landing, it’s an event with a clear “before” and a clear “after”. I think it unwise to have fomented such a moment.....

The left side of the spectrum didn’t notice. They were busy rioting over cops being too racist, or not protecting them enough, or maybe wanting more cops but only when cops hug them, or maybe they need a safe space or whatever. Cars got burned, screams were uttered, some cops got shot, a person got blown up with a robot bomb defuser. As photogenic and ugly as it was, it also blew off steam.

The silence on the opposite side of the fence didn’t release a damn thing. It held that pressure. Their attachment to rule of law means blocking a road or smashing a Hyundai is not their style. It’s stupid, wasteful, and inefficient. Hillary and her minions might have thought silence demonstrated their total dominion. I doubt that. Americans are a prickly lot. Many will join the herd but many will not. Ever.

When a big bunch of them see something infuriating and then collectively clam up it’s not because they’re afraid. It’s because they’re thinking. Thinking hard. “What will happen next. How will it affect me. What is my best course of action.” The FBIs abdication led to the eerie and deafening silence of a people with a deep focus.

There are two kinds of silence. One is “you’ve beaten me and I shall go nurse my wounds”. The other is a grim “keep your powder dry” mentality. It is without humor and full of malice. It’s the intelligent observation reserved for when there’s wolf on the periphery and you’re not afraid of it but fully aware that it’s a predator and you should react accordingly. It reminds me of Ralf Waldo Emerson’s admonition “When you strike at a king, you must kill him.” I’d much rather have seen the right wing burning cars and spray painting American flags on walls… but the quiet ones don’t roll that way. And really, who thinks a riot and a burned car does any good?

I’m not advocating violence. That sh*t sucks. I want nothing to do with it. I never will. I like my nation. I want it to be peaceful. Violence is the failure to find a more reasonable solution.

Also I’m a little worried. When Americans get motivated they’re not ineffective. They’ll put a man on the moon, build a 1,000 horsepower NASCAR, win every damn gold medal they can, whatever. I worry that should they get violent they’ll be too damn good at it.

And that’s what makes me nervous. It’s not the dog that barks that you need to watch. It’s the one you’ve kicked several times but it didn’t back down. When a beaten dog backs off, shakes out the kinks, and then looks you in the eye without a hint of cowering.; that’s when you’ve made the dog into something you ought not have. Anyone sane would have know to not kick the damn dog in the first place… but once it’s done I’m not sure what defuses the moment.

Z-Blog is thinking American Revolution. I’m more worried about the Civil War. I’ve been reading a lot of American history. Something I didn’t understand until recently is that neither side really thought it was going to happen. For eighty odd years everyone had always come to their senses. The general attitude was sanity would prevail at the last minute. But it didn’t. Too many people played with fire and the nation stumbled backwards into horror. Hillary’s endemic corruption unnerves me because it’s a flame seeking a fuse. She’s played with fire so long she can’t imagine life without it. She can’t be boring. She can’t play by the rules. She’s dangerous to everyone, regardless of their opinion because, she can’t let sleeping dogs lie.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: A.C. comments on the political scene
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 11:36:21 AM »
"Violence is the failure to find a more reasonable solution."

Pacifism in the face if unrelenting tyranny is de facto acceptance of slavery.  Put crudely, being a pussy ensures you'll always be one.  And if the Prog's wanted peace the only reasonable solution was to not go full-tilt criminal and deny us our rights of arms, speech, assembly and property that they have systematically declared war on for the past fricken century!

"Also I’m a little worried."

Screw worry!  It's they who should be fricken worried!  Jeez, AC, grow a fricken set!!!

We've documented the shyt out of DemonRat criminality and the FBI capitulation to Clinton crimes is a formality that was bound to happen sooner or later...it is merely the inevitable result of unchecked Progressive attacks on traditional American Pillars of Liberty that went completely unanswered by a credible opposition party and was aided and abetted by a co-conspiring media and a selfish crony-capitalist cabal that marked the transition into outright banana republic status.  The so-called "rule of law" is simply whatever the shot-callers say it is or isn't, period.  Don't like it?  Tough shyt!  There is nothing you can do about it...unless you believe in the Principles of Our Founding.  And inexorably woven into the letter and spirit of Our Founding is the necessary and righteous application of violence to secure ones Life and Liberty and the Devine duty to do so for your family and fellow patriot's.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Yeah..."keep your powder dry"...and close at hand.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 11:39:17 AM »
I really wish the above were correct, but i think you are dreaming.  There are not enough true patriots left to make a difference.  I have said before that I do not wish to live thru a civil war in this country either.  But that would be the only way things can change.

The article is correct in that the FBI stance was a very historical day.  At that point everything is out in the open for all to see.  They really don't care because they have all the power and there is nothing we the people can do.  It has been a one party system for many years now and they are all in it together.  Even if Trump got in, it would only provide a brief pause or slowdown in the destruction of America.  I predict that Trump will win the polular vote with HRC taking the electorial college.  Then it will be complete, and sadly almost half the country will have no idea what they are in for.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 11:56:20 AM »
3%

Offline sfetter

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »
3%

I take it you are referring to the percentage of the population involved in the last civil war.  I understand your point but if any uprising takes place the people will have to have the military on our side.  If not, no matter how many guns and how much ammo, citizens will not be able to stand up to tanks and aircraft.

The world is considerably different than it was back then.  Am I wrong ?? 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 01:14:34 PM »
Yes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 01:16:47 PM »
I really wish the above were correct, but i think you are dreaming. 

I know that there will come a day where I just say no and I kill a LE in cold blood. I don't know what it will be over.  Them trying to take whats mine , trying to take the guns,  trying to force my kids to engage in a Homosexual sex ( you think that won't happen? Wait and watch.  Tolerance, forced  acceptance then forced participation), or simply trying to take some choice or other away.

Then come what may.

I feel I will have no choice, and they will ave kicked me for the last time.  I would rather be dead than submit to them and be their slave - and no- the  thought has NEVER occurred to them that anyone would actually DIE to keep their gun, or their right to chose their own path  - they think that is all just bluster and bluff - because they can't imagine being willing to die for anything.

If only 3 %  of the population have that reaction-- . if they do noting until the SWAT team shows up to enforce whatever bit of edict they have, and the kill just ONE of the SWAT team, we will STILL win-  There are only 2.5 Million  LE and Military in the US. And maybe Half of them are willing to get themselves killed over a paycheck-  and maybe some foreign UN "peacekeepers" - and they are still vastly outnumbered.  And that is if that 3%  sit there and do nothing until they see the whites of their eyes in the driveway .  I suspect when the gloves come off, the City infrastructure will be attacked - further diverting the Feds from Rural areas as they are engaged in  "peacekeeping" in gang/race warfare areas with poor sanitation, now food supplies, no electricity and contaminated water.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »
I understand your point but if any uprising takes place the people will have to have the military on our side.  If not, no matter how many guns and how much ammo, citizens will not be able to stand up to tanks and aircraft.

I need to say more.

sfetter, much of the military is reduced to levels not seen since WWI, in terms of manpower (for one thing).  Where do you suspect the former airmen, marines and army are right now?  That's right, not in "the military"; they're out here, with us.  What sort of ...... person .... now mostly comprises "the military"? That's right, mostly the gheys, the trans, the women, the Lefty political, and the few patriotic stalwarts who are too damned stubborn to quit.  What will "the military" do with aircraft when it is down 700 pilots?  When a lot of its aircraft are no longer air-worthy, being cannibalized for parts so some are air-worthy?  You think it's any different with its tanks, etc.?

Maybe you want to think all that over.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 03:26:42 PM »
I understand your point but if any uprising takes place the people will have to have the military on our side.  If not, no matter how many guns and how much ammo, citizens will not be able to stand up to tanks and aircraft.

I need to say more.

sfetter, much of the military is reduced to levels not seen since WWI, in terms of manpower (for one thing).  Where do you suspect the former airmen, marines and army are right now?  That's right, not in "the military"; they're out here, with us.  What sort of ...... person .... now mostly comprises "the military"? That's right, mostly the gheys, the trans, the women, the Lefty political, and the few patriotic stalwarts who are too damned stubborn to quit.  What will "the military" do with aircraft when it is down 700 pilots?  When a lot of its aircraft are no longer air-worthy, being cannibalized for parts so some are air-worthy?  You think it's any different with its tanks, etc.?

Maybe you want to think all that over.

And while you are thinking - think about how a bunch  of uneducated towel heads hiding in caves were able to hold off both the United States and the USSR. 

You are correct that in a stand up fight we would loose, but who is going to go in for that? This will be 4th generation warfare.

1) Targets will be largely unguarded infrastructure - power relay stations, miles of aquaduct, miles of highway,miles of  railroad, miles of pipeline hit by small bands.  This will tie up most responders and LE just dealing with the crises  that this destruction will cause. The  government's  inability to respond effectively or to protect the infrastructure will make them appear weak and foolish. Look what happens if a "mysterious" package is found.  Now see three guys leaving them all over town.
2) LEOs who carry out the Feds agenda put their own families at risk. There are no safe or green zones to hide in. To Pan's point., They live with us, and that makes them directly vulnerable.
3) Tanks, Jets, Drones, etc will exact "collateral damage" - meaning they can only be using in areas the government  is willing to go scorched earth  - killing women, children and other non-combatants - which of course may include the families of those serving in the tanks, jets and running the drones.
4)  Simple non-compliance with orders  - not paying taxes or Filling out multiple fake IRS forms, or filing multiple amended forms,  will bring most of the government to a halt.  Everyone files for disability every week , and so on.  The government relies heavily on voluntary compliance. People who are angry, but not willing to engage in armed conflict will still sabotage, wreck and in other ways hamper government efforts. And that will include both civilian and LE/Military.
5) The people who remain in the military and law enforment areas will largely be people who are there for the pensions and retirement benefits, and you don't get to enjoy those if you are dead. I am sure there will be a group of bad apples who are there or will be recruited because they like the "Authoratah" and want to bully oters, but with an armed populace at war,  they WILL be sot at and killed, and perhaps by other LE/military  loyal to our side ( Oops. Friendly Fire.)

Civil wars are very, very bloody and very very messy. No one wants it to go this way, but the left always bets it will be so horrible that no one will opt for it, until someone does. I think AC has it exactly right - we are all shutting our yaps and figuring out what we will do, steeling ourselves for the effort,  when the time comes.  And if the left hold true to its past history, the time WILL come ,and some insignificant portion  - perhaps only 9 MILLION ( 3%)  will NOT go quietly.

History is always made by interested and motivated minorities, and quite simply the only thing the left has is HATE. They hate us because we are not like them. We, however, have a little more cause to fight for, and in the end that can make all of the difference.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 05:01:19 PM »
The question is exceedingly simple: Either Hillary-Dillary goes to jail or we go to war.  We may end up warring in either event. Another way of looking at it is through asking the question: "Do you want to be the last one on the block following the rules?"

At a certain point you (editorial you) must ask yourself if you're willing to continue to be the butt of every joke, the mule for every shyt-assed job, and the whipping boy for everyone elses mistakes?

When everyone around you is trampling all over the law - with impunity - and here you are picking up after them there has to come a time when you say "enough is enough!".

I've all but reached that point. The election will decide for me whether to draw back from the precipice or push the throttle wide open.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 09:56:54 PM »
Related:  https://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/08/mailvox-reluctant-revolutionary.html

Some of the comments are good as well, but what the hell is with people who can't stay on topic?   ::unknowncomic::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 07:10:11 AM »
The question is exceedingly simple: Either Hillary-Dillary goes to jail or we go to war.  We may end up warring in either event. Another way of looking at it is through asking the question: "Do you want to be the last one on the block following the rules?"

At a certain point you (editorial you) must ask yourself if you're willing to continue to be the butt of every joke, the mule for every shyt-assed job, and the whipping boy for everyone elses mistakes?

When everyone around you is trampling all over the law - with impunity - and here you are picking up after them there has to come a time when you say "enough is enough!".

I've all but reached that point. The election will decide for me whether to draw back from the precipice or push the throttle wide open.

My brother!

I often use variations of this little story to try to make my point whenever another wave of tyranny hits:

If somebody kicks in your front door, ransacks your pantry and then takes a dump on your living room floor and laughs and walks out your door and the State says you cannot do a damn thing about it...is it really going to be that shocking when I ignore the illegitimate State and gut that scum and leave their remains displayed out front as a warning to other would-be punks?

And I understand sfetter's concern and a decade or two ago I might have been more sympathetic to it...but the gutting of the military through ROE's that expose troops in the field to more harm combined with the hyper-drive into the social-engineering realm and the numerous waves of purges has largely left the ranks emasculated and diminished in terms of morale and effectiveness...and the leadership cadre has become an echo-chamber of yes-men blindly following whatever ridiculous orders get farted in their direction.  Most of the "good ones" have gotten out or will be getting out, and many of the few good ones left in will depart once the unlawful orders flow like water from a busted damn...just like the last civil war...and some may stay behind as moles or saboteurs.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 07:10:51 AM »
Related:  https://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/08/mailvox-reluctant-revolutionary.html

Some of the comments are good as well, but what the hell is with people who can't stay on topic?   ::unknowncomic::

Trevor163 August 13, 2016 7:58 PM

"As Trevor163 would say, if he were more perceptive,
    "Nothing will ever happen...."

Right wingers and alt righters are good talkers, but not very good at carrying out their desires or pursuing them. Liberals, however, are the ones who have the courage of their convictions.

We don't have revolutions in the U.S. But we do have uprising and "movements" and it's always the liberals who are willing to take to the streets, willing to fight for what they believe in, willing to push back.

Not the Right.

So, when I hear right wingers talk about the coming uprising I tend to chuckle, then ask for some proof they have it in them. I never get any proof, just push back that "it's coming", then some sort of threat that, "just you wait, you'll be the first hung."

I'm not too scared. The right has constantly proven they don't have the cajones, just fantasies.

Yeah. Post your address pal.  I am about ready to get a group of people together and just start shanghaiing people like this. Clock them, and sell them to be used as slaves in the Muslim world.  Hanging is too good for them.  Mostly I plan to stand around and watch as their own policies  leave them raped , mugged or starving. ( Maybe all three!)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 07:23:37 AM »

Yeah...apart from appeasing the insane...   ::thumbsup::

And who is this Praetorian ass-clown?  Good name for a goose-stepping proglodyte blindly following his diseased leftist dogma.  I bet that crap would look nice dangling as crow food.  Same for Trevor163, progs should know better than to goad people...but then they wouldn't be progs, would they?  More crow food.

And is this the real Ann?

114.  Ann Barnhardt August 17, 2016 7:44 AM
If I may make a precision, revolution is, by definition, any movement that turns away from God. This is why Alinsky dedicated "Rules For Radicals" to Lucifer, the first revolutionary - the ultimate turning away from God. Therefore, any movement which seeks to turn back toward God is properly called "Counterrevolution". Clearly, the diabolical psychopath oligarchs now in power have already executed revolution, and continue to process of revolt. We are, in various degrees, counterrevolutionaries and our actions are those of counterrevolt.

Sure sounds like her.  Good point too.

ETA - Perhaps I have to dust off my contingency plan to relocate to Texas?

If Clinton is elected President this fall, the Trump voters really want out- in that case 61% say they'd support seceding from the United States, to only 29% who would stick around.

::cool::
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:58:54 AM by Libertas »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 08:49:50 AM »
And check this out...fella takes a while getting up to speed, but when he does...

Dear Liberal…Here’s Why I’m So Hostile

"Now before I waste too much of your time, let’s establish who I’m talking to.  If you believe that we live in an evil, imperialist nation from its founding, and you believe that it should be “fundamentally transformed”, lend me your ears.  If you believe that the free market is the source of the vast majority of society’s ills and wish to have more government intervention into it, I’m talking to you.  If you believe that health care is a basic human right and that government should provide it to everyone, you’re the guy I’m screaming at.  If you think minorities cannot possibly survive in this inherently racist country without handouts and government mandated diversity quotas, you’re my guy.  If you believe that rich people are that way because they’ve exploited their workers and acquired wealth on the backs of the poor, keep reading.  Pretty much, if you trust government more than your fellow American, this post is for you.
Everything that modern liberalism accomplishes is accomplished at the barrel of a government rifle.
Servitude can exist in a free society, but freedom cannot exist in a slave nation.  In a free country, you have the liberty to join with others of your political ilk and realize whatever collectivist ideals you can dream up.  You can start your own little commune where the sign at the front gate says, “From each according to his ability; to each according to his need”, and everyone can work for the mutual benefit of everyone else.  In my society, you have the freedom to do that.

In your society, I don’t have the same freedom.  If your collectivism offends me, I am not free to start my own free society within its borders.  In order for collectivism to work, everyone must be on board, even those who oppose it – why do you think there was a Berlin Wall?

In conclusion, just know that the harder you push to enact your agenda, the more hostile I will become – the harder I will fight you.  It’s nothing personal, necessarily.  If you want to become a slave to an all-powerful central government, be my guest.  But if you are planning to take me and my family down with you, as we say down here in the South, I will stomp a mud-hole in your chest and walk it dry.

Bring it."

http://sufficient-reason.tumblr.com/post/26781491317/dear-liberalheres-why-im-so-hostile

Molan Labe!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
Reluctance is not the same thing as submission.  That will prove to be the Left's fatal miscalculation.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 11:58:35 AM »
Some life lessons have to hurt really really bad.

But it is frustrating having to wait to see them play out.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 02:31:35 PM »

Trevor163 August 13, 2016 7:58 PM

"As Trevor163 would say, if he were more perceptive,
    "Nothing will ever happen...."

Right wingers and alt righters are good talkers, but not very good at carrying out their desires or pursuing them. Liberals, however, are the ones who have the courage of their convictions.

We don't have revolutions in the U.S. But we do have uprising and "movements" and it's always the liberals who are willing to take to the streets, willing to fight for what they believe in, willing to push back.

Not the Right.

So, when I hear right wingers talk about the coming uprising I tend to chuckle, then ask for some proof they have it in them. I never get any proof, just push back that "it's coming", then some sort of threat that, "just you wait, you'll be the first hung."

I'm not too scared. The right has constantly proven they don't have the cajones, just fantasies.

Yeah. Post your address pal.  I am about ready to get a group of people together and just start shanghaiing people like this. Clock them, and sell them to be used as slaves in the Muslim world.  Hanging is too good for them.  Mostly I plan to stand around and watch as their own policies  leave them raped , mugged or starving. ( Maybe all three!)

Hey trevor - you cuck - the fact that you're still breathing my air is testament to the courage of my convictions. Don't press your luck...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 04:06:17 PM »
 My business allows me to meet and speak to A LOT of military types. Don't think WTSHTF there is not a plan. There's a HUGE difference between a bunch of rioters terrorizing a city, condoned by city leaders, ignored by Washington, and a well armed militia with structure.

The silent majority may get cheated at the ballot box but don't think for a minute what military is left will gather up the gang bangers for a huge military push. This is not the movie "Suicide squad" where the bad guys develop into a unit.

It won't be 3%.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 04:40:28 PM »
Care to speculate on the percentage, then?