Author Topic: Calhoun County Iowa Sheriff's Appear Comfortable on Statists vs Peoples Side  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://reason.com/blog/2016/08/16/army-veteran-hangs-us-flag-upside-down

Dicks.  Unconstitutional law used to arrest somebody using the flag properly to signal distress?  Shame!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
As I understand it, the law itself wasn't even violated; it doesn't mention hanging the flag in that manner at all.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Correct on both counts.

Amazing, innit?

I wonder if these badge-sporting clowns will be just as amazed when they discover they have no friends in the civilian ranks?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
I did this for a time in '08 after Ă˜dungo seized office. It succeeded in raising a few eyebrows and one angry exchange with an a-hole neighbor who says he's a vet. I made my point and took it down, only raising it again to half-staff when dad died, and again when mom passed.

Since then it's been the Gadsden flag for me.

I'm thinking of getting a pirate flag next...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
We did that as well, one Independence Day a few back.  No arguments.  I don't even bother putting it out now, we put out the Gadsden one instead.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
We did that as well, one Independence Day a few back.  No arguments.  I don't even bother putting it out now, we put out the Gadsden one instead.

You gotta admit that it's a good way to survey the neighbors ;'}

Seriously, when my across~the~street neighbor put her place on the market I made a point of flying it every day until their place sold. Talk about truth in advertising. And they say you can't pick your neighbors!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

I'm thinking of getting a pirate flag next...

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

HL Mencken
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Arrrggghhhh!!!!