Author Topic: And this illustrates a significant reason why America is dying from within...  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
A giant poster of Russian President Vladimir Putin was draped along the side of the Manhattan Bridge on Thursday afternoon.

The massive banner featured the Russian leader in a suit and tie against the backdrop of the country’s flag along with the word “peacemaker” emblazoned at the bottom.

At least two people unfurled the politically driven banner around 1:45 p.m., witnesses said.

“We were just at our desks, we have some large windows from our office and we just saw it going up,” Quinn Formel, 27, whose office building in Dumbo faces the Manhattan Bridge, told The Post.

“These two guys … they were struggling for a little bit, but eventually got it [the banner] up,” he said.

Formel added, “We realized it was Putin and it was the Russian flag and it said ‘peacemaker’ and then after that we were all confused about what this is supposed to be saying or expressing — it’s not very clear.

Heath Raymond, who works in Dumbo, said, “I turned around. I was in my office and it was just hanging there.”

Everybody thought it was interesting, but nobody really got it. Nobody understood the political message or whatever message was behind it,” said Raymond, an executive producer at a production studio.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/06/putin-banner-mysteriously-appears-on-manhattan-bridge/

The fact that you don't have to like Putin should in no way prevent a person with a reasonable intellectual capacity to understand the purpose of this banner.

This is more than run of the mill low-info voter...

This is about the truly effing ignorant...and how easily they are manipulated by the Democrat-Media Complex.

In no way does this end well...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

The mere fact that Americans of whatever sort would see a Russion ex-KGB agent as a vehicle for world peace illustrates the depth of the damage done by 60+ years of progressive agendas have had on our populace. These lofo's realize that there is instability in the globe and for the first time since 1945 there is no reassurance that the US will maintain stability for the world. Anytime there has been a power vacuum created others rush in to fill the void.

If we cannot stop the source of this poison to our nation quickly we will be a mere short memory of a nation that failed to live up to its promise.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Whims - I'm afraid you only are partially correct.  It isn't that Putin should be viewed as a vehicle for world piece...I think I have been pretty consistent in my opinion of Putin that I think he is a thug and a punk ruling like a czar over a corrupt mafia regime who routinely has opponents snuffed in the grandest tradition of the KGB and his totalitarian impulses had him invade a sovereign nation and steal a big chunk of territory...but with respect to Syria and the radical Islamists and the rest of the SCoaMF's man-made disasters in Iran and elsewhere...the fact that people see Obama as a vehicle of peace to me is the bigger joke!  In many respects the thug Putin has a more reasonable grasp on global issues than Obama...but the useless idiots here cannot see the joke behind this Putin banner...and he's sitting in the White House laughing his ass off at how majestically stupid the American people have become.  Inside he has to be amazed they haven't stormed the building and rounded them all up.  Surely, with a populace this monumentally ignorant democrats will rule until it all comes crashing down.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
  In many respects the thug Putin has a more reasonable grasp on global issues than Obama...

Yeah, any admiration  there is for Putin is based on the fact that he is, at least, a competent leader who understands what is going on. His methods are brutal and tyrannical - but I am not sure Russia could be governed any other way at the moment.. but I do think he is genuinely trying to do what he feels is best for Russia along with himself.  There would be no need to risk conflict with western powers in Ukraine or Syria if his goals were purely personal satisfaction and power.

He fully understands the power vacuum America is leaving behind, and really I think he is trying to step in and fill the void,--partially for his own aggrandizement, but also partially because he knows what chaos there will be if he doesn't..besides if it s isn't him, it will be China.  Putin is messing with US Politics because I think he knows the Clinton's and Western Globalists  WILL start a nuclear war if they are put into power, and I think he genuinely wants to avoid that.- and that is what makes him the Peace bearer at the moment.  He is the only F'ing Sane one in the room who doesn't ant WWIII to cover up  and distract from the financial misdeeds, corruption and that a rest is badly needed. 

60 Minutes (of propaganda)  was running a story on US Nuke readiness, and then a story on the Evils of Putin just a few weeks back.  It was like watching a re run from the 70 or 80s - when was the last time you saw MSM talking about those evil ruskies and our Nuke program? Last election Putin was laughed off and being a threat, and now we are talking conflict and nukes.  We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
And how come there is no eruption on the Left (apart from a small Bernie Blip that was monkey-hammered down by Team Clinton with a big fat assist of DNC poohbahs) over the democrats throwing their historically passive, anti-war, Code Pink military haters under the bus and selling out to crony corporatists?

Oh yeah...the media, Hollwood f**ktards and truly effing stupid citizens...

::)

These effing morons who don't realize they've been sold out will dutifully march into voting booths (often more than once) and have no qualms over choosing that war-mongering Succubus!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
It is unquestionable that Vladimir Putin loves his country. If I was going to wager a guess, I would say that 90% of the admiration he's enjoying in the United States is based solely on that. The American people have suffered 8 years of a president who demonstrably hates his own country and people, and seeing a leader so undyingly committed to his nation creates a longing for it - even taking into account what a scumbag he is.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Can't argue that...no thinking person can.

And here is the Troika of Treason who are leading us to war with Russia -

Makes me think of "designated non-survivor"...

Troika of Treason!!!

Think these crazies are going anywhere if Hitlery gets in?  It'll be them or possibly even worse!!!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
On topic, but different dimension: 

Meet @JCharlesBeauty: makeup artist, boundary breaker, and the newest COVERGIRL! #COVERGIRLJames.

H/T American Digest
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
That'll look good stapled to the hunk of cardboard at the range...   ::)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I wonder how much THEIR subscription numbers have fallen, through the years?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
That's the creepiest clown yet!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Well...where he likely has his mouth......I bet those are not freckles.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.