Author Topic: Goose-stepping morons at Twitter "suspend" so-called Alt-Right" accounts  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/11/15/twitter-suspends-alt-right-accounts/93943194/

And of course their judgment is both unbiased and in the spirit of of the First Amendment...wait, what...it isn't?

Oh.

Is it time for a "Kill the Nazi's!" outburst?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Goose-stepping morons at Twitter "suspend" so-called Alt-Right" accounts
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 07:49:59 AM »
The alt-right, a loosely organized group that espouses white nationalism, emerged as a counterpoint to mainstream conservatism and has flourished online. Spencer has said he wants blacks, Asians, Hispanics and Jews removed from the U.S.

And all this time I thought "Alt-Right" was another name for conservative. Learn something new everyday.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 08:07:49 AM »
Spencer can say whatever he wants, but his version of alt-right is hardly the norm.  What the alt-right is about is preserving the rights of Whites in the same manner as Blacks, etc.  If identity politics is the rule, then they're going to play by the rule.

Primary rule, above all, is never let the Left define ya.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:38:08 AM »
I've been reading about facebook and twitter taking notice of all the fake news being passed around, (there is soooooo much of it - clickbait) and moving to eliminate it. Problem is, I hear yesterday that relatively mainstream conservative websites are making it onto that list. (Surprise). If the "legacy" media is not considered "fake", but zerohedge IS, then the world of the free proliferation of information is about to go very dark.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 09:58:47 AM »
This and the internet turnover does not appear disconnected in my opinion...nefarious forces are at work...in fact they probably never gave up...

Things could indeed go dark at any time.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 10:22:29 AM »
I've been reading about facebook and twitter taking notice of all the fake news being passed around, (there is soooooo much of it - clickbait) and moving to eliminate it. Problem is, I hear yesterday that relatively mainstream conservative websites are making it onto that list. (Surprise). If the "legacy" media is not considered "fake", but zerohedge IS, then the world of the free proliferation of information is about to go very dark.

To wit:  https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11/16/professor-creates-list-of-fake-news-sites-and-includes-prominent-conservative-outlets/?singlepage=true

... It is no surprise that a college professor compiled this list, what is galling is that the Los Angeles Times "reported" on it without mentioning that it's complete garbage.

During the election, many people fell prey to fake news stories on social media -- even the president-elect ended up retweeting fake statistics. A professor of communication has created a list of unreliable news sites to help people do better.

Melissa Zimdars, an assistant professor of communication at Merrimack College in Massachusetts, put together a publicly available Google doc cataloging "False, misleading, clickbait-y and satirical 'news' sources." It's been making the rounds on social media as people seek to cleanse their newsfeeds of misinformation.

... Professor Che Shirt (I'm guessing, but probably right) is also proving that the kinds of people who take academics seriously are basically paste-eating stupid, as she includes obvious (and hilarious) satire sites like The Onion and Reductress.

What is dangerous, and I don't often use that word when discussing politics, is the professor's inclusion of Red State, The Blaze and Independent Journal Review (IJR) as "fake" sites.

Red State and The Blaze are decidedly conservative, while IJR is a bit more centrist but has employed arch-conservative writers over the years. What none of them are is fake. They are on the list simply because they'll present center-right viewpoints without the hand-wringing caveats and disclaimers that accompany any non-leftist slants on other sites.

Huffpo NOT on list.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »
Pretty much everything not legitimately conservative/libertarian/etc...like the entire DMC apparatus...is fake, in that they push their meme and ignore all else, or pay lip service to all else briefly only to ridicule it at length and spin more lies...

As usual, when a leftist accuses others as fake, it is mud-tossing to cloud the fact they are nothing but fake themselves.  I mean if they were honest about what they are doing and what they want...huge majorities of people wouldn't have anything to do with them.  The lil' Goebbels in Progtardland would be out of business if lies and deceit was frowned upon.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »
Breitbart and Glenn Beck's site may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they're hardly fake.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »
I don't mind Breitbart, I pull some useful stuff from there...and yeah The Blaze had some good content, I just can't go there anymore because of the weeping idiot is as repulsive to me now as The Butthead is...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 08:08:43 PM »
The Wikileaks revelations prove that if any outlets are peddling fake news, it's WaPo, NYTimes, ABC, CBS, NBC.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 09:36:05 PM »
The Wikileaks revelations prove that if any outlets are peddling fake news, it's WaPo, NYTimes, ABC, CBS, NBC.

And yet the content of the leaked emails is TOTALLY ignored.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 08:20:56 AM »

And yet the content of the leaked emails is TOTALLY ignored.

Well,  if you were them you would try to ignore it as well.  I hope Trump ( and the GOP)  just tells the media, no. We aren't dealing with you. Clear out the west wing.  From now on you get your information from FIOA and from the website.  Seriously, what do these people have to offer in the internet age? Their paper publications are dying. If I hit a pay wall  or forced registration i just move on. You think your words are so valuable I have to read them? No. the sane facts will be picked up and run elsewhere-- even if it is just in a face book recounting of that news. The media doesn't research or report on anything tat might conflict with their world view, and while I am sure they will investigate the hell out of Trump, with the ideological goal of taking him down , that is all the more reason to restrict their access. 

Cable news viewers were falling till the election.  http://www.journalism.org/2016/06/15/cable-news-fact-sheet/ and  on-demand viewing is way way up.  More and more TVS are produced with built in access to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and others, and the NFL let their players stab then in the foot- sports being the last reason most people still have cable TV at all. And you can bet someone will get the contract to stream those games and then the  Cable bundle will be over and done for. The internet continues to make MSM obsolete. Drudge - who produces none of his own content -  and Drudge-like sites will dominate.  And everyone will get revenue only from the eyeballs on ads. ( And Google etc don't want to have their ads hosted on those sites,  okay dokey. You just opened up a market for someone else dumbasses -)

This is just a last ditch attempt to hold on to the eyeballs of the very dumbest people. The low information voter. The rube. And they will probably succeed. But we don't have to help them, and hopefully Trump won't.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 09:31:43 PM »
If we were them...they wouldn't be acting like Goebbels acolytes and be in this mess in the first place.  Actions have consequences, and most of those consequences haven't even been acted upon as yet.

Tickie/Tockie