Author Topic: James Woods Dumps Twitter  (Read 786 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
James Woods Dumps Twitter
« on: November 18, 2016, 08:30:10 AM »
Days after Twitter unleashed a purge of so-called "alt-right" accounts, deleting users without explanation, many speculated that this would lead to an angry backlash in which conservative pundits using Twitter would voluntarily leave the struggling social network in protest over Twitter's suddenly rampant, and dubious, censorship.

Overnight, this was confirmed when actor and prominent conservative commentator James Woods tweeted that "Since @Twitter is now in the #censorship business, I will no longer use its service for my constitutional right to free speech. #GoodbyeAll"

He also changed his bio to say "Twitter has now sadly abdicated its position as a sole beacon of free speech. Voltaire's famous dictum has been quietly buried by these left wing savages."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-18/backlash-prominent-conservative-james-woods-quits-twitter-censorship-protest

There really needs to be a open wild-west social media outlet...you cannot really call it "conservative" or "alt-right" or any of that because it will get targeted, it has to be a completely open frontier so there can be no doubt free speech is literally free speech.  If people threaten others with direct unequivocal violence...so be it, if authorities want to follow up on any of that they can go through normal legal channels.

Nobody has the courage to do it I suppose, risk their capital in such a way...mostly for fear of being persecuted out of existence by the State.

Shame.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: James Woods Dumps Twitter
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »
I thought gab was that alternative.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: James Woods Dumps Twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 08:35:41 AM »
Possibly.

It's been a while since we've discussed it.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=14580.msg157754#msg157754

We need somebody on it to give us a Sit-Rep!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.