Author Topic: My Personal Prayer of Thanks  (Read 2233 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
My Personal Prayer of Thanks
« on: November 18, 2016, 07:35:02 PM »
Hey everyone - this is a personal prayer that I have to get off my chest & through my fingertips (lest I continue to be consumed with a 24/7 spiking-the-ball, confrontational attitude). I have no problem picking all that up again...as is needed & necessary - but will understand if this doesn't quite fit the mindset of everyone else.

Laying down, for a brief moment, the hammer of Thor; I’d like to offer up a prayer of thanksgiving – not simply for next week’s Thanksgiving holiday – but to the Lord: galvanizing the heart & soul of this country, driving them to the polls, delivering us from the evil alternative this election offered and giving us more time as a nation.

Much as the farmer patiently waits for God to deliver the increase, while all the while tending to his crops and his work, doing his part, so we too did our part as we waited upon the Lord to deliver…

…and deliver He did!

There may be some room for healing (though there doesn’t look like much), but I pray for those I am able to reach as I go about the business of interacting with cultural leaders & working to bring about a cultural shift to those with whom I come into contact.

Now help me to put away the feelings of wrath and vengeance and simply enjoy the satisfaction & sweetness of last week’s victory. And while there are some close to me who are 180 degrees in opposition to my point of view, help this country’s new direction show them the wisdom of that direction and our new leadership. And if not, give me strength to gracefully guide them to new thinking.

Thanks be to God, (for the victory was His) in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord,

Amen.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: My Personal Prayer of Thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:18:25 PM »

Don't think anyone here is out of touch with your sentiments. I trust God has delivered this reprieve for some purpose, and the only one that makes  sense  is a pause and a hardship for the liberals that might lead some of them to repent and start listening to us. But I think we all know they won't. Its going to be Sodom and Gomorrah all over again, and the decadent cites will  face the wrath of God, one way or another. God is merciful in tat he has given them this once chance to turn back.  Am I enjoying their tears?   That is petty gloating. Not a pretty trait, but I can think of worse.  It  isn't vengeance. Yes. If they admit their wrong doing ( and can explain it so I know they understand it)  am I willing to come to a new arrangement? Sure.  If they don't,  then we will eventually see vengeance.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:11:24 PM »
Amen and Amen.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 01:02:35 PM »
Amen Pablo.

Our fellow Americans are in the driver seat on this whole deal - I will abide with their decision. Should they choose to make the most of a disappointing (for them) situation and seek to work together, I'll eagerly embrace it. Should they choose to continue to be babies and punks, well I'm good with that as well.

I'm no longer tolerant of personal abuse.

Tread lightly y'all!

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »
Then again. #BoycottHamilton

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 05:19:17 AM »
Psalm 94
King James Version (KJV)

94 O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.

2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.

3 Lord, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?

4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?

5 They break in pieces thy people, O Lord, and afflict thine heritage.

6 They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.

7 Yet they say, The Lord shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.

8 Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise?

9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?

11 The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;

13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

14 For the Lord will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

15 But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.

16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

17 Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.

18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.

19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?

21 They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.

22 But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the Lord our God shall cut them off.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 09:28:52 PM »
Unfortunately wicked isn't leaving until January 20th, I fear between then and now a great many evil deeds will have been committed.

But, I endorse all of the previous statements above.

His Will Be Done...and I pray our Will's our one.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 10:23:39 PM »
Unfortunately wicked isn't leaving until January 20th, I fear between then and now a great many evil deeds will have been committed.

I'm 101% with ya'. There's a part of me which longs to witness the watering of Liberty's tree. Muhammed's Earthbound B*tchTM will attempt to eff things up on his way out the door (which we hope smacks him in his black Muslim as$...hard!). However, the reprieve which God has granted us cannot be screwed up by man - so I'm confident that it will work out.

What we're seeing/hearing are the intense machinations of freedom.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 07:04:50 AM »

I'm 101% with ya'. There's a part of me which longs to witness the watering of Liberty's tree. Muhammed's Earthbound B*tchTM will attempt to eff things up on his way out the door (which we hope smacks him in his black Muslim as$...hard!). However, the reprieve which God has granted us cannot be screwed up by man - so I'm confident that it will work out.

What we're seeing/hearing are the intense machinations of freedom.

I just hope this opportunity gives our people the time they need to ready themselves and their children for all the battles that lay ahead.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 08:36:27 PM »
I was just sent this today - fascinating study of Trump as God's 'Chaos Candidate'; mixing in his independence with the old & new testament & the work that the people who elected Trump have before them (us).

! No longer available