Author Topic: Mulling a new toy  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Mulling a new toy
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 10:23:54 PM »
Thanks, I do appreciate it.

Now for the important question -- what decision did Libertas make about a new toy?!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 07:24:41 AM »
Great to have you back!

And no decision yet on the new toy, but I am leaning toward a Springfield XD-S, but I want to rent one and try it out first...and I might compare it to a M&P and/or PX4 in .45ACP before I decide.

Like you I am busy...normally this time of year would slow down for me a bit, but recent financial challenges and labor issues bottlenecked several initiatives and projects and now everything is coming due all at once.  Of course the braintrust at Corporate never saw it coming...
 ::)

One local gun range has an event coming up, free rentals...I have to call and find out when, I thought in February...I might take advantage of that.  Could be dangerous though, for my pocketbook...I might want to buy more than one toy!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »
I can confirm that rumors of my demise were premature!

Good to have you back Glock32!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 06:33:18 PM »
Sorry about your dog, Glock.  It's never an easy thing.

We have missed you and I'm glad to "see" ya.

Yeah, sorry about the pooch.  Our family has lost dogs almost every way possible - car, disease, foreign object ingestion.  A couple made it to old age.  No matter how, it's a bummer.

I cannot recall breed Glock...For some reason German Shepherd pops into my head, not sure if that is right...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 06:43:56 PM »
She was a bit of everything, a Heinz 57.  But I think German Shepherd and Beagle were the two dominant breeds.  Very pretty dog, sweet disposition.  It's a real gut punch to lose pets.

One thing you will notice about the PX4 if you try one out, the recoil is noticeably softer.  The rotary lockup really does soak up some of the recoil energy.  I have a PX4 full size in 9mm, which isn't harsh recoil to begin with, but even that is noticeably reduced.  Follow up shots are very easy.

The full size and compact PX4 use the rotary system.  The subcompact uses a traditional tilting barrel lockup, so it probably would have snappier recoil.  I am a big fan of the PX4 and sort of surprised they aren't more common.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 08:49:07 PM »
She was a bit of everything, a Heinz 57.  But I think German Shepherd and Beagle were the two dominant breeds.  Very pretty dog, sweet disposition.  It's a real gut punch to lose pets.

One thing you will notice about the PX4 if you try one out, the recoil is noticeably softer.  The rotary lockup really does soak up some of the recoil energy.  I have a PX4 full size in 9mm, which isn't harsh recoil to begin with, but even that is noticeably reduced.  Follow up shots are very easy.

The full size and compact PX4 use the rotary system.  The subcompact uses a traditional tilting barrel lockup, so it probably would have snappier recoil.  I am a big fan of the PX4 and sort of surprised they aren't more common.

I have one in .40 cal and love it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 08:51:15 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 09:06:59 PM »
Speaking of the itch for a new toy.  I am really feeling the itch for the new CZ P-10C.  It is CZ's foray into the striker-fired pistol market, and they are taking direct aim at the Glock 19.  It even fits holsters made for the Glock 19.  All the reviews so far make note of its excellent trigger.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-10-c/

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 07:44:12 AM »
Heh!  See what I started?   ::angel::   :D

In the PX4 I favor the compact in .45acp.  Seems like it would be a nice carry piece and I wouldn't have to acquire a new flavor of feed for it.

Dang, I gotta hit the range soon...it's been a couple weeks without smelling the sweet aroma of vaporized smokeless powder!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »
I think I ruled out the M&P...that funky trigger safety, if you don't have your finger low enough, it won'ty go "Bang!", not something I care to experience if I have to draw on a rampaging Mohammadan.

I think I'll replace that with a Desert Eagle 1911 U Model.

So, that or the PX4 Compact in .45acp...or both.  :)